Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Global Warming Doubters Increase 30% In Just 6 Months...

death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1 5 Awesomes
edited January 2014 in Tug Tavern
According to a study at Yale University, Global Warming Doubters are quickly increasing their numbers. But at least the science is settled, although only 42% of Americans believe it.

news.yahoo.com/climate-change-disbelief-rises-america-180339949.html

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The latest survey, taken in November 2013, finds that the majority of Americans — 63 percent — do believe in climate change, and 53 percent are "somewhat" or "very" worried about the consequences.
  • Options

The latest survey, taken in November 2013, finds that the majority of Americans — 63 percent — do believe in climate change, and 53 percent are "somewhat" or "very" worried about the consequences.

Considering the one-sided non-stop mantra from our "educators" for the past 20+ years, I'm shocked at how low those numbers are. BTW, they used to be much higher.

• Options

Watch out, your liberal condescending know-it-all attitude is showing.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Considering the one-sided non-stop mantra from our "educators" for the past 20+ years, I'm shocked at how low those numbers are. BTW, they used to be much higher.

I think that is a pretty good take. I just didn't think your original post had numbers that matched your link.

As collegedoog points out, 63% of Americans are gullible stupid fucks.

Does the climate change? Yes

Does man effect it? Yes

How much? TBD

Is it the crisis of our time that we need to buy shitty lightbulbs to fix? Hell no

Get the science to the point where we can look at what can be done at what cost to what effect and we can talk.

Look at China and realize the USA is the world leader in ecology, clean energy, and technology. The chicken littles can go fuck themselves.

We really needed another thread on this
  • Options

The accessibility of far right websites like Breitbart, redstate.com, etc has a lot to do with it.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Wait...what?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The accessibility of far right websites like Breitbart, redstate.com, etc has a lot to do with it.
    Yes it sucks that free thought has an outlet now to combat the group think of the state media. Maybe put them in camps. I mean, MSNBC is what we all should watch
  • Options

Yes it sucks that free thought has an outlet now to combat the group think of the state media. Maybe put them in camps. I mean, MSNBC is what we all should watch
    I'm assuming you've never read a comment section on Breitbart.com
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    edited January 2014
    A comment from a recent article on Breitbart:

"You see, without this subtle distinction the warming/climate change nutters will have a field day so they can throw out things like "97% of scientists think that there is global warming". And I believe that number, 97% do think it exists, but, it doesn't mean the 97% think it's man made and it will end in the polar ice caps melting, etc.

You can put me on the side of the "deniers"."

Except that 97% figure is actually the percentage of scientists, whose papers took a position on global warming, found that it was man made.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2013/05/17/97-percent-of-scientific-studies-agree-on-manmade-global-warming-so-what-now/

These people are really, really, really, stupid.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I assuming you've never watched MSNBC. I can find stupid liberals all day long, some of them serving in Congress and one who is Vice President

Step your game up
  • Options

I assuming you've never watched MSNBC. I can find stupid liberals all day long, some of them serving in Congress and one who is Vice President

Step your game up
    There are stupid people everywhere.

The point is these extreme websites have been able to draw them in.

Happens on both sides.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Extreme = something I don't agree with

Step your game up

Try FAR right EXTREME. It's a nice pejorative combo when you're too lazy to actually look at the content that a website like Breitbart provides

College used to be a place for youths to be exposed to different ideas. Now its just a rehash of the same shit they had shoved down their throat in high school
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Step your game up

Try FAR right EXTREME. It's a nice pejorative combo when you're too lazy to actually look at the content that a website like Breitbart provides

College used to be a place for youths to be exposed to different ideas. Now its just a rehash of the same shit they had shoved down their throat in high school

Disagree.
  • Options

Step your game up

I actually enjoy reading Breitbart to get my cheap laughs.

The content is worthless.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    IN your opinion, and you know how much we value that
  • Options

IN your opinion, and you know how much we value that

Pressing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just the facts
  • Options

Just the facts

Like science?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just the facts

Like science?
    Science is facts as we know them today. Science was used to prop up the institution of slavery in America and the Third Reich in Germany. It is hardly the pure pursuit that you want it to be.

Science is never settled because the more facts we learn the more we throw out of what we thought we knew before.

I know in your little bubble anyone who disagrees with you is anti science but that's not the case.

Sorry