Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Everyone’s favorite time of day- AOC tweet o’ the day

2»

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

I like her policy positions. I think healthcare should be a right. I think tuition free college would be hugely beneficial to the country. I think publicly financed election is a must. I stand with the science on climate change. And for social issues, I think there have been missteps but in general the left stands for progress and I’m with them.

I like that she raises money through small donations and isn’t beholden to singular contributors. She doesn’t need to have $1000 a plate fundraisers where CEOs can bend her ear.

I like that she fights. I’ve watched the libs let republicans spank them for 20 years. I’ve watched them allow climate change denial to be legitimized. I’ve watched them allow republicans to define Obamacare as bad when the ACA was popular. I watched them have an election stolen from them in 2000. I watched them lose to Dubya after he lied us into a war and then 10 years after his presidency embrace him and act like he didn’t torture people. I watched them lose to a reality tv star. Liberals are weak and her willingness to fight for what she believes in, her strength, appeals to me.

Plus, you know, wood.

Well at least you are being honest: You want someone else to pay for everything and you only listen to rat media.

I was at a dinner party when BOCare forced millions off of their insurance and forced them to leave their doctors. One little rat twink actually told the crowd that now because of BOCare he could afford to travel to Europe for a month. Yes I said a month. My buddy who lost his insurance and doctor and had a 9000 deductible and outrageous premiums with BOCare wanted to fucking kill the rat with his bare hands. It was all I could do to keep him from actually doing it. He alone was paying for the twink to go to Europe while he worked his ass off to afford the most expensive (by far) healthcare he ever had (BOCare).

I cite this example in the hope that you educate yourself on the misery millions experienced at the hands of BOCare. BO and Biden kicked several million off their healthcare and forced them away from their doctors. Then the cold hearted bastards turned around and counted those they forced off of their healthcare and doctors as satisfied enrollees in BO Care. They have no conscious whatsoever. It is all about politics.

Your point about AOC taking small donations? Again, educate yourself. Apple, Amazon, NY City, Univ of California, Alphabet Inc. are just a few large corporations she took money from. The education unions threw in millions. She is as bought and paid for as any other politician. The inner city black kids in her district that are in the projects and attending innercity hell hole schools will just have to stay there I guess.
    Yeah you don’t understand what you’re looking at on opensecrets.org. Those numbers are from individuals that work for those companies. She doesn’t take pac money from corporations.

She raised $18 million, $13 million from donations under $200. She answers to the people.
    Please. This is so naïve. You clearly don't understand how corporate and union "donations" take place.

Let me ask you a question. The last time you donated money to a campaign, did you write on the check "I work at Amazon"? Or "I am giving you a personal/individual donation and I work for the Teachers union". Or maybe you wrote on the check "I am retired and am giving you $50"? No you didn't and neither do I. The next question I will ask you is how do you think AOC's check openers know that Martha and Ben who gave $50 are a retired couple?

Then you have corporations who "organize" contributions for their employees.
    I have always included my employer on my donations. For no other reason than they ask and I don't give a shit.
    I believe you but I can tell you from experience the majority of the other donators don't include their employer on their donation nor do they include their age, employment status, etc. That especially goes for the people who mail cash and there are more cash donations than you think. On line donations are even worse.
    I'm guessing the difference lies in method of payment. For those who still pay by check, you're right, there's no reason to include your employer in the memo line.

Online processors like ActBlue and WinRed OTOH will prompt you to provide as much data as possible, for obvious reasons.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I like her policy positions. I think healthcare should be a right. I think tuition free college would be hugely beneficial to the country. I think publicly financed election is a must. I stand with the science on climate change. And for social issues, I think there have been missteps but in general the left stands for progress and I’m with them.

I like that she raises money through small donations and isn’t beholden to singular contributors. She doesn’t need to have $1000 a plate fundraisers where CEOs can bend her ear.

I like that she fights. I’ve watched the libs let republicans spank them for 20 years. I’ve watched them allow climate change denial to be legitimized. I’ve watched them allow republicans to define Obamacare as bad when the ACA was popular. I watched them have an election stolen from them in 2000. I watched them lose to Dubya after he lied us into a war and then 10 years after his presidency embrace him and act like he didn’t torture people. I watched them lose to a reality tv star. Liberals are weak and her willingness to fight for what she believes in, her strength, appeals to me.

Plus, you know, wood.

Well at least you are being honest: You want someone else to pay for everything and you only listen to rat media.

I was at a dinner party when BOCare forced millions off of their insurance and forced them to leave their doctors. One little rat twink actually told the crowd that now because of BOCare he could afford to travel to Europe for a month. Yes I said a month. My buddy who lost his insurance and doctor and had a 9000 deductible and outrageous premiums with BOCare wanted to fucking kill the rat with his bare hands. It was all I could do to keep him from actually doing it. He alone was paying for the twink to go to Europe while he worked his ass off to afford the most expensive (by far) healthcare he ever had (BOCare).

I cite this example in the hope that you educate yourself on the misery millions experienced at the hands of BOCare. BO and Biden kicked several million off their healthcare and forced them away from their doctors. Then the cold hearted bastards turned around and counted those they forced off of their healthcare and doctors as satisfied enrollees in BO Care. They have no conscious whatsoever. It is all about politics.

Your point about AOC taking small donations? Again, educate yourself. Apple, Amazon, NY City, Univ of California, Alphabet Inc. are just a few large corporations she took money from. The education unions threw in millions. She is as bought and paid for as any other politician. The inner city black kids in her district that are in the projects and attending innercity hell hole schools will just have to stay there I guess.
    Yeah you don’t understand what you’re looking at on opensecrets.org. Those numbers are from individuals that work for those companies. She doesn’t take pac money from corporations.

She raised $18 million, $13 million from donations under $200. She answers to the people.
    Please. This is so naïve. You clearly don't understand how corporate and union "donations" take place.

Let me ask you a question. The last time you donated money to a campaign, did you write on the check "I work at Amazon"? Or "I am giving you a personal/individual donation and I work for the Teachers union". Or maybe you wrote on the check "I am retired and am giving you $50"? No you didn't and neither do I. The next question I will ask you is how do you think AOC's check openers know that Martha and Ben who gave $50 are a retired couple?

Then you have corporations who "organize" contributions for their employees.
    I have always included my employer on my donations. For no other reason than they ask and I don't give a shit.
    I believe you but I can tell you from experience the majority of the other donators don't include their employer on their donation nor do they include their age, employment status, etc. That especially goes for the people who mail cash and there are more cash donations than you think. On line donations are even worse.
    The demographic who is donating to AOC isn't mailing in cash.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    Get $ out of politicks to the massive extent it is. Citizens Divided set the US back 30 years.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943

Plus, you know, wood.

You sure have watched a lot of fiction and fantasy. What other "rights" do you feel you have that other people should pay for? Btw, who denies that the climate changes?