Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    why does she appeal to you
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    I like her policy positions. I think healthcare should be a right. I think tuition free college would be hugely beneficial to the country. I think publicly financed election is a must. I stand with the science on climate change. And for social issues, I think there have been missteps but in general the left stands for progress and I’m with them.

I like that she raises money through small donations and isn’t beholden to singular contributors. She doesn’t need to have $1000 a plate fundraisers where CEOs can bend her ear.

I like that she fights. I’ve watched the libs let republicans spank them for 20 years. I’ve watched them allow climate change denial to be legitimized. I’ve watched them allow republicans to define Obamacare as bad when the ACA was popular. I watched them have an election stolen from them in 2000. I watched them lose to Dubya after he lied us into a war and then 10 years after his presidency embrace him and act like he didn’t torture people. I watched them lose to a reality tv star. Liberals are weak and her willingness to fight for what she believes in, her strength, appeals to me.

Plus, you know, wood.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

I like her policy positions. I think healthcare should be a right. I think tuition free college would be hugely beneficial to the country. I think publicly financed election is a must. I stand with the science on climate change. And for social issues, I think there have been missteps but in general the left stands for progress and I’m with them.

I like that she raises money through small donations and isn’t beholden to singular contributors. She doesn’t need to have $1000 a plate fundraisers where CEOs can bend her ear.

I like that she fights. I’ve watched the libs let republicans spank them for 20 years. I’ve watched them allow climate change denial to be legitimized. I’ve watched them allow republicans to define Obamacare as bad when the ACA was popular. I watched them have an election stolen from them in 2000. I watched them lose to Dubya after he lied us into a war and then 10 years after his presidency embrace him and act like he didn’t torture people. I watched them lose to a reality tv star. Liberals are weak and her willingness to fight for what she believes in, her strength, appeals to me.

Plus, you know, wood.

You are barely a man.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020

Plus, you know, wood.

You are barely a man.
    He is woman hear him roar!
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2020

Plus, you know, wood.

"Allow" climate change denial? The thought police lurk!

Why is it the faggy weenies of the world want to control everyone?

Oh and someone else to pay for everything in their lives. Other than that....

Plus, you know, wood.

You are barely a man.
    This is toxic masculinity.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,213
    Bush won 2000 when looking at the whole state. Been looked at numerous times. You are the king of freedom news
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,551 Founders Club

Dum dums
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    We need more Joe Manchins.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,837 Standard Supporter

Plus, you know, wood.

Well at least you are being honest: You want someone else to pay for everything and you only listen to rat media.

I was at a dinner party when BOCare forced millions off of their insurance and forced them to leave their doctors. One little rat twink actually told the crowd that now because of BOCare he could afford to travel to Europe for a month. Yes I said a month. My buddy who lost his insurance and doctor and had a 9000 deductible and outrageous premiums with BOCare wanted to fucking kill the rat with his bare hands. It was all I could do to keep him from actually doing it. He alone was paying for the twink to go to Europe while he worked his ass off to afford the most expensive (by far) healthcare he ever had (BOCare).

I cite this example in the hope that you educate yourself on the misery millions experienced at the hands of BOCare. BO and Biden kicked several million off their healthcare and forced them away from their doctors. Then the cold hearted bastards turned around and counted those they forced off of their healthcare and doctors as satisfied enrollees in BO Care. They have no conscious whatsoever. It is all about politics.

Your point about AOC taking small donations? Again, educate yourself. Apple, Amazon, NY City, Univ of California, Alphabet Inc. are just a few large corporations she took money from. The education unions threw in millions. She is as bought and paid for as any other politician. The inner city black kids in her district that are in the projects and attending innercity hell hole schools will just have to stay there I guess.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter

APAG is a noted boobs expert.

More of an ass man - but he holds in own in the joobs/boobs department.

Respect.

Plus, you know, wood.

Well at least you are being honest: You want someone else to pay for everything and you only listen to rat media.

I was at a dinner party when BOCare forced millions off of their insurance and forced them to leave their doctors. One little rat twink actually told the crowd that now because of BOCare he could afford to travel to Europe for a month. Yes I said a month. My buddy who lost his insurance and doctor and had a 9000 deductible and outrageous premiums with BOCare wanted to fucking kill the rat with his bare hands. It was all I could do to keep him from actually doing it. He alone was paying for the twink to go to Europe while he worked his ass off to afford the most expensive (by far) healthcare he ever had (BOCare).

I cite this example in the hope that you educate yourself on the misery millions experienced at the hands of BOCare. BO and Biden kicked several million off their healthcare and forced them away from their doctors. Then the cold hearted bastards turned around and counted those they forced off of their healthcare and doctors as satisfied enrollees in BO Care. They have no conscious whatsoever. It is all about politics.

Your point about AOC taking small donations? Again, educate yourself. Apple, Amazon, NY City, Univ of California, Alphabet Inc. are just a few large corporations she took money from. The education unions threw in millions. She is as bought and paid for as any other politician. The inner city black kids in her district that are in the projects and attending innercity hell hole schools will just have to stay there I guess.
    Yeah you don’t understand what you’re looking at on opensecrets.org. Those numbers are from individuals that work for those companies. She doesn’t take pac money from corporations.

She raised $18 million, $13 million from donations under $200. She answers to the people.
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,974
    After defunding the police became a popular phrase, several well respected left-leaning publications were quick to defend it and clarify that defunding doesn't mean dismantling, but just cutting unnecessary stuff out of the budget. AOC isn't for that? That's weird. Or maybe she's just way behind on her literacy. Either way, bad look.

Plus, you know, wood.

Yeah you don’t understand what you’re looking at on opensecrets.org. Those numbers are from individuals that work for those companies. She doesn’t take pac money from corporations.

She raised $18 million, $13 million from donations under $200. She answers to the people.
    I despise AOC as much as the next guy, but it's hilarious how hard that is for some people to grasp. For all her flaws, she's not in the pockets of anyone else. She's batshit crazy on her own volition.

Meanwhile @Bendintheriver is telling you to educate yourself, and he can't even be bothered to fucking grasp how FEC disclosures work.
    edited November 2020

Plus, you know, wood.

Please. This is so naïve. You clearly don't understand how corporate and union "donations" take place.

Let me ask you a question. The last time you donated money to a campaign, did you write on the check "I work at Amazon"? Or "I am giving you a personal/individual donation and I work for the Teachers union". Or maybe you wrote on the check "I am retired and am giving you $50"? No you didn't and neither do I. The next question I will ask you is how do you think AOC's check openers know that Martha and Ben who gave $50 are a retired couple? Donations come in from 1000's who aren't even registered to vote. In 2008 BO collected hundreds of millions over the internet. He even recognized that he had zero idea who was sending the money in. After the fact of course it came out that plenty came in over seas via credit card. No corruption there right?

Then you have corporations who "organize" contributions for their employees. Money during the year goes into a pot. Some from employees, some from corporate. Each employee then gets to choose their % to go to individual candidates. The corporation then sends the money as if it was paid for 100% by the employee which is not the case. People that work at some large corporations actually get to go listen to different politicians speak to the employees during the year. Home Depot and Coca Cola are two perfect examples. They aren't doing that for fun. There is a large pot of gold in the corporate/individual mixed contributions that the company will send out in an election year.

I could go on and on but I will tell you that I have been there opening mail for a candidate and when there are 5000 checks coming in in a day, we only had a name on the check not an affiliation.

Plus, you know, wood.

Please. This is so naïve. You clearly don't understand how corporate and union "donations" take place.

Let me ask you a question. The last time you donated money to a campaign, did you write on the check "I work at Amazon"? Or "I am giving you a personal/individual donation and I work for the Teachers union". Or maybe you wrote on the check "I am retired and am giving you $50"? No you didn't and neither do I. The next question I will ask you is how do you think AOC's check openers know that Martha and Ben who gave $50 are a retired couple?

Then you have corporations who "organize" contributions for their employees.
    I have always included my employer on my donations. For no other reason than they ask and I don't give a shit.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

We need more Joe Manchins.

it’s not oveR for Gumby!
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,985
    She doesn’t take PAC money because she’s in a non competitive district. Her only concern is being primaried if the DNC decides she’s too much of a liability. Given that she now represents the views of about 40-45% of the Democratic constituency, I don’t see that happening any time soon.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    She'd rake in more with a sex tape. Like that one that was supposed to drop on the 4th of July.

Plus, you know, wood.

Let me ask you a question. The last time you donated money to a campaign, did you write on the check "I work at Amazon"? Or "I am giving you a personal/individual donation and I work for the Teachers union". Or maybe you wrote on the check "I am retired and am giving you $50"? No you didn't and neither do I. The next question I will ask you is how do you think AOC's check openers know that Martha and Ben who gave $50 are a retired couple?

Then you have corporations who "organize" contributions for their employees.
    I have always included my employer on my donations. For no other reason than they ask and I don't give a shit.
    I believe you but I can tell you from experience the majority of the other donators don't include their employer on their donation nor do they include their age, employment status, etc. That especially goes for the people who mail cash and there are more cash donations than you think. On line donations are even worse.