Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Penn Judge says No to late arriving ballots

Comments

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Fraud is fine if you don't like the candidate

No it’s not fine. Forgive me for not taking the word of the Tug that the election was stolen from Trump.
    Well, that seems pretty obvious. Why set up mail by vote and then put no parameters in to protect it from fraud? I think it is a basic civics 101 lesson that one properly registered US citizen in their state of residency is entitled to one vote and that the process should be transparent and auditable. Not one dem in Congress supports that. Some might give it some verbal support but it isn't an issue they would vote on.
    No gross vote/ballot totals before counting began, simultaneous vote counting pause in key states on election night, kicking watchers out of buildings, putting posters over windows to block observers, "glitches" that flip votes...

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club
    Houhusky said:

No it’s not fine. Forgive me for not taking the word of the Tug that the election was stolen from Trump.
    How could someone prove fraud to you?

why dont you articulate your threshold, or is this some thing where you need an authoritative person/body telling you it happened in order to believe it happened?
    When evidence is presented in court and fraudulent votes are disqualified and Trump wins.
  • DuckwithaboneDuckwithabone Member Posts: 272
    Houhusky said:

why dont you articulate your threshold, or is this some thing where you need an authoritative person/body telling you it happened in order to believe it happened?
    Um yes. We have one of the best legal systems in the world. Get your evidence, present it to a judge, and get the verdict. Whether or not you want to trust it at that point is on you, but that’s how our system works.
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,246 Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

They were backdated and never segregated, so the entire voting roll from PA is tainted. It’s all fucked.

Constitutionally, this was a clusterfuck. The Governor and State Supreme Court overstepped their authority by changing the rules of the game prior to the election. Even if the ballots were segregated and subsequently thrown out, you are now disenfranchising (legal) voters and denying them equal protection. The Constitutional remedy is for the State Legislature to either call for a new election, or designate the Electors that will vote in the electoral college. Last year a federal election for Congress had to be redone in N Carolina because of ballot harvesting. The Supreme Court could invalidate the election and set aside the electoral votes. This scenario could play out in multiple states, including MI and WI. If neither side reaches 270 electoral votes or there is a tie, the 12 Amendment would come into play with the each state legislature voting for the President with 1 vote. First candidate to 26 wins.

In all cases, there needs to be transparency, validation and remedy. The remedy is the Constitution outlined above. Transparency was non-existent across many jurisdictions. If everyone is going to agree on an outcome, then transparency is vital. The validation will come with the recounts and audits.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

dnc said:

This is an important precedent for future elections but it isn't going to win PA back for Trump.

At this point we just need to unfuck this for future elections. Clean up the voter rolls. Fix the fucking software "glitches" and providers. Reign in the judicial activism on setting election parameters. Etc. Fix this shit so it doesn't keep happening.
    No matter how much we clean things up unless we get past giant douche vs turd sammich 50/50 contests, the losing sides true believers are gonna scream cheating.
    Those 50-50 races are what keeps the country from getting all screwed up like it did in the thirties thru the seventies, well nineties, OK - two thousands
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Houhusky said:

Is this a real question of are you pretending to be dumb? Fraud can be proven the same way fraud is always proven - with evidence. The Trump campaign had watchers in every swing precinct and has war chests and teams of lawyers expressly dedicated to uncovering this shit.

The supposed helplessness of Trump is a bunch of fucking histrionics.
    edited November 2020

Houhusky said:

When evidence is presented in court and fraudulent votes are disqualified and Trump wins.
    I only believe things successfully argued in the court of law.

legal system, especially the supreme court, always gets it right.

Best system in the world, just ask Dred Scott or Korematsu.

Houhusky said:

Is this a real question of are you pretending to be dumb? Fraud can be proven the same way fraud is always proven - with evidence. The Trump campaign had watchers in every swing precinct and has war chests and teams of lawyers expressly dedicated to uncovering this shit.

I asked it because if you will only believe something when someone authoritative tells you what to believe its rather pointless to discuss it in the first place...

might as well argue about what REAL god said while we are at it too.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    Friend of mine from Joisey made the comment to me years ago about how NJ cleaned up politics and how the way the state was run -

He said that the sate was so effed up that he was wishing the mafia was back so things would get back to normal. Sure the politicians are corrupt as hell but the mafia kept them in line.

Maybe all the issues with the election should be ignored - Dems 2 (Kennedy and Biden), Repubs 2 (Bush and Trump)

I don't have the impact of early presidential elections nor state elections
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

I asked it because if you will only believe something when someone authoritative tells you what to believe its rather pointless to discuss it in the first place...

Not sure what you're getting at. Am I going to listen to a bunch of Breitbart fanatics on Twitter screaming about fraud with a handful of videos and half baked theories? No.

In the sense that I'll go ahead and defer to a judge on this one and LIFPO, then yeah, I suppose I need someone authoritative to weigh in.

• KimsCopperPennyKimsCopperPenny Member Posts: 221

Swaye said:

dnc said:

This is an important precedent for future elections but it isn't going to win PA back for Trump.

At this point we just need to unfuck this for future elections. Clean up the voter rolls. Fix the fucking software "glitches" and providers. Reign in the judicial activism on setting election parameters. Etc. Fix this shit so it doesn't keep happening.
    No matter how much we clean things up unless we get past giant douche vs turd sammich 50/50 contests, the losing sides true believers are gonna scream cheating.
    People are screaming about cheating because there was cheating.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    The constitution says we have a day to vote. The 3rd. Not before not after or any other bullshit IIRC. So how do we early vote let alone late vote?

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Not sure what you're getting at. Am I going to listen to a bunch of Breitbart fanatics on Twitter screaming about fraud with a handful of videos and half baked theories? No.

In the sense that I'll go ahead and defer to a judge on this one and LIFPO, then yeah, I suppose I need someone authoritative to weigh in.

And that leaves us with what?

It’s only possible to believe fraud (or anything) occurred if the majority of 9 philosopher kings decree is so?

The guy who blindly believes the Twitter fags is just as dumb as the guy who blindly believes Elena Kagen or kavanaugh are arbiters of truth.

There is another option... How about looking at evidence yourself and forming your own opinion? Which is why I asked what evidence might be compelling...

I don’t understand why is so difficult or absurd in asking someone what they think they would have to see/know to change their mind or believe something? Especially someone who is already ceding that they don’t already know the answer...
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Houhusky said:

Go to fucking court with some evidence. Stand in front of a judge, make your charge, and back it the fuck up with evidence.

So simple even a Democrat could do it.....................if they were right.

"Election fraud!!" The battle cry of the fucking loser. "It's still better than being at work!" is what the loser on the river says when the fish box is empty.

Sad!!
    dflea said:

Houhusky said:

Go to fucking court with some evidence. Stand in front of a judge, make your charge, and back it the fuck up with evidence.

"Election fraud!!" The battle cry of the fucking loser. "It's still better than being at work!" is what the loser on the river says when the fish box is empty.

Sad!!
    "It's still beats a day at work!"

The mantra of every unoriginal asshat who's ever set foot on a golf course. And a boat apparently.
    dflea said:

Houhusky said:

Sad!!
    Deflecting to an authority when asked about the formation of a personal opinion

reminds me of my days of arguing with religious fanatics

Can't set an actual benchmark, would allow the tiny possibility of reaching it.

All opinions must be first successfully argued in court, the courts say so.
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,030
    Pro tip : the ballots that arrived too late were already not included in the reported counts as per SCOTUS directions from over a week ago -- their counts were already in a separate bucket. This ruling isn't going to help the loser Trump. At most it will just prevent his loss in PA from looking even bigger than it already looks.

Biden flipped 3 states.

Winners win.