Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Biden impeachment looming?

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

2022 if the House flips shit's gonna get fun.

Really hope they don’t follow the new script on that.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Doesn’t matter. DC Democrats can do whatever they want and nothing ever happens because of their careerist pals in the DOJ and media bury it.
    I’m just looking forward to a “scandal-free” presidency like we? had in 8 years of Obama.

Holder was Obama’s wingman, and now the political prosecutions go up another level by the new Dem AG.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited November 2020

Swaye said:

I sort of don't want us to. Weaponizing the impeachment process was a terrible look for Dems, but #resist sounds good. See how they like the taste of their own dick.

edit: This of course assumes the GOP doesn't fuck the election up, which they probably will.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    The let's have unity script or the the revenge script?
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I sort of don't want us to. Weaponizing the impeachment process was a terrible look for Dems, but #resist sounds good. See how they like the taste of their own dick.

edit: This of course assumes the GOP doesn't fuck the election up, which they probably will.
    Fuck that. It's on.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    I need generals that fight
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943
    edited November 2020
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

They only way you'll get them to stop doing it is if you subject them to the same treatment. Rats loved the Special Prosecutor law right up until Newt and the Boys used it against Billy Jeff and then they agreed we should get rid of it.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm guessing yes. Shit flinging, obstruction, and impeachment attempts are the only political moves left. Nothing of substance will get done, and the parties will continue to flip power every 4-8 years. Everyone will continue to gorge on their predetermined algorithm news, and people on both sides will drift further and further away from the opposing tribe.

Lather, rinse, repeat until we finally kill ourselves. It's the script.

Sadly, this is probably accurate.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,521 Swaye's Wigwam
    Just utterly fascinating.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    Should start impeachment this minute!
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

MelloDawg said:

It is, isn’t it? Who would ever speculate about Biden being impeached.

Enjoy not having a single Trump voter believe Biden was legitimately elected.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/04/donald-trump-2016-impeachment-213817

Could Trump Be Impeached Shortly After He Takes Office?

It's highly improbable, but law scholars and political junkies are speculating about it.
    By DARREN SAMUELSOHN April 17, 2016
    Liberals who thought Trump was in anyway illegitimate or not duly elected, were, and still are, idiots. Comforting that you've decided the best response is to one-up them.

We're fucked.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

It is, isn’t it? Who would ever speculate about Biden being impeached.

Enjoy not having a single Trump voter believe Biden was legitimately elected.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/04/donald-trump-2016-impeachment-213817

Could Trump Be Impeached Shortly After He Takes Office?

It's highly improbable, but law scholars and political junkies are speculating about it.
    By DARREN SAMUELSOHN April 17, 2016
    Liberals who thought Trump was in anyway illegitimate or not duly elected, were, and still are, idiots. Comforting that you've decided the best response is to one-up them.

We're fucked.
    You really think we'll just pretend the last 5 years didn't happen?

I'm sure the Quisling crowd will but they ain't conservative man
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943

I'm guessing yes. Shit flinging, obstruction, and impeachment attempts are the only political moves left. Nothing of substance will get done, and the parties will continue to flip power every 4-8 years. Everyone will continue to gorge on their predetermined algorithm news, and people on both sides will drift further and further away from the opposing tribe.

Lather, rinse, repeat until we finally kill ourselves. It's the script.

Nothing getting done sounds good to me. You already blame all the gridlock on Mitch McConnell so why the fuck do you care?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    I still would like a decent healthcare system.

And a complete end to the farce that is college in 2020.

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Current Healthcare system works great once you know how to use it.