Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bought HA and HST about ten days ago; today up 50% ; 30 %

When should I sell? Or should I buy more of both?

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Posts: 1,402
    Swaye's Wigwam 1,500 Up Votes 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary
    Sell half right now.

You made in 10 days what it could take 5-10 years to do under normal conditions.

I did the same yesterday. Had to hold my nose to do so, but the jump yesterday (especially at the open) is a once a decade event again under normal times.
    Woof
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Posts: 2,310
    1,500 Up Votes 1,500 Awesomes Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers
    godawgst said:

Sell half right now.

You made in 10 days what it could take 5-10 years to do under normal conditions.

I did the same yesterday. Had to hold my nose to do so, but the jump yesterday (especially at the open) is a once a decade event again under normal times.

I sold 1/3 two hours before close on the first day (day I posted).

In hindsight I should've sold all and buy again in a few weeks. Feels like the election made it a good buy but perhaps premature.

Thanks for your input. Its hard to know what to do when the numbers seem made up (50% or 30% daily gain).

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Posts: 24,671
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes 10000 Comments
    A Person who becomes aware of non-public information and trades on that basis may be guilty of a crime.

Have fun with that.
    doogieCFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • A Person who becomes aware of non-public information and trades on that basis may be guilty of a crime.

Have fun with that.

That's why he posted it on HCH: Now it's public, so he's fine!

A Person who becomes aware of non-public information and trades on that basis may be guilty of a crime.

Have fun with that.

That's why he posted it on HCH: Now it's public, so he's fine!
    Sadly, that’s how his brain works too.
    SoutherndawgCFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Posts: 2,310
    1,500 Up Votes 1,500 Awesomes Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers

Have fun with that.

Just like the stupid fucking POTUS's legal team. Here's a clue. None of that shit will stick to the wall. Good luck with those voices in your head.

It doesn't take an insider to figure out that with the stupid fucking POTUS out of office, undervalued travel stocks might get a bounce.

The PFE news was just an added bonus. Seriously. Take a fucking reading class. DIPSHIT.
    Southerndawg
    I'm really sorry I know more on how the SEC monitoring system works than you. Its actually quite remarkable the data they collect.
    SoutherndawgCFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • FireCohenFireCohen Posts: 16,928
    10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes 10000 Comments 250 Answers

I'm really sorry I know more on how the SEC monitoring system works than you. Its actually quite remarkable the data they collect.

@NSA_Dawg true?
  • I'm really sorry I know more on how the SEC monitoring system works than you. Its actually quite remarkable the data they collect.

So, having traded exactly zero stocks in my days and knowing zero ticker symbols off the top of my head, can you explain OP to me and why it would be insider trading? I'm curious.