Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fascism is dead

Comments

• Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    You’re telling me that we could have just voted out fascism in 1941?!

What a buffoon that FDR was.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Pinochet is probably the world's only notable modern far right dictator. Maybe the Shah of Iran if you'd like to dig into it.

You can argue that Italian Fascism was "center right" if you like. Nazi Fascism was center left especially as they were able to further "implement" it. Socialized "healthcare" anyone?

You don't get to just hand wave and say, "just ignore all that economics stuff" and relabel people left vs. right while ignoring central ideology. Thatsnothowthisworks.gif

Unreadable. Try again.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

Racism isn't a far right thing jr... the left is the party of the KKK with Robert KKK Byrd etc.

How wrong you are. You are probably referring to the fact that southern whites were almost uniformly Democratic party voters back in the 19th and for much of the 20th century. But that was not a "left wing" party. The old Democrats valued local governance and feared the growth of the federal government and were generally opposed to public works projects, etc.. By contrast the Federalists, Whigs, and later the Republicans valued a stronger central government and generally held more enlightened attitudes toward the rights of human beings, aka stopping slavery.

AKA using a strong federal government (btw, the US military is part of the federal government) to kick the ass of the South.

As soon as LBJ (a Democrat) enforced school desegregation in the South and enforced the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, Southern whites began to switch to the Republican party which was much more conservative about racial issues.

And here we are.
    Btw, this is an incredible bad read of history and the facts. Wallace, a Rat until his death, captured most of the Southern vote well after LBJ started enforcing the Civil Rights acts. The South started trending toward Republicans with Ike, but the Rats still had a strangle hold on the majority until 1972. Carter recaptured the the South in 1976 and Clinton in 1992 was able to win many Southern states.
    No, it's not. Pick up a book sometime. Wallace got a lot northern whites too, but the Republicans specifically developed something called a "Southern Strategy," look up the name Kevin Phillips.

The enforcement of Brown v. Board, the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts represented the largest incursion of federal authority over southern state and local governance since the Civil War and the Republican party was there to scoop up the disaffected whites. Not blaming them just stating facts.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

Racism isn't a far right thing jr... the left is the party of the KKK with Robert KKK Byrd etc.

How wrong you are. You are probably referring to the fact that southern whites were almost uniformly Democratic party voters back in the 19th and for much of the 20th century. But that was not a "left wing" party. The old Democrats valued local governance and feared the growth of the federal government and were generally opposed to public works projects, etc.. By contrast the Federalists, Whigs, and later the Republicans valued a stronger central government and generally held more enlightened attitudes toward the rights of human beings, aka stopping slavery.

AKA using a strong federal government (btw, the US military is part of the federal government) to kick the ass of the South.

As soon as LBJ (a Democrat) enforced school desegregation in the South and enforced the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, Southern whites began to switch to the Republican party which was much more conservative about racial issues.

And here we are.
    If racism and anti-Semitism is a "far right" thing how do you explain the fact that the only place you'll find overt and accepted anti-Semitism and racism today is all on the left? Al Sharpton, Omar, Farrahkan and the members of the CBC that support him aren't on the right, they are out and proud leftist. The left is the only group I know of today that wants to use the power of the government to reward and or punish people based solely on their skin color. How can that be when you claim racism is all on the the right?
    Many people on every side of every issue are racist and anti-semitic, no argument here. Very few, however, make it an official policy to actually carry out genocide, or to explicitly defend the enslavement of black people, for instance.

I don't agree with most race-based policies I agree with color blind economic programs that put people to work and help them get higher wages.

Farrahkan is a little bitch, who actually helped in the plot to kill Malcolm X, Omar is overrated, Sharpton is corny but has at least pulled away from the dipshit Tawana Brawley antics.

• Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020

Goduckies said:

And here we are.
    Too many words for dumbline brad to comprehend.
    Wow you remember my old Educk name.. granted you are missing an R in there... I graduated in Poli Sci. I researched this shit for years. LBJ and his n word comments... Robert KKK Byrd yeah strong conservatives.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

And here we are.
    Btw, this is an incredible bad read of history and the facts. Wallace, a Rat until his death, captured most of the Southern vote well after LBJ started enforcing the Civil Rights acts. The South started trending toward Republicans with Ike, but the Rats still had a strangle hold on the majority until 1972. Carter recaptured the the South in 1976 and Clinton in 1992 was able to win many Southern states.
    No, it's not. Pick up a book sometime. Wallace got a lot northern whites too, but the Republicans specifically developed something called a "Southern Strategy," look up the name Kevin Phillips.

The enforcement of Brown v. Board, the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts represented the largest incursion of federal authority over southern state and local governance since the Civil War and the Republican party was there to scoop up the disaffected whites. Not blaming them just stating facts.
    Kunt logic, is there anything it can't do? I love when people respond with bullshit that does nothing to support their original statements.

Dumbass here's what you said:

As soon as LBJ (a Democrat) enforced school desegregation in the South and enforced the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, Southern whites began to switch to the Republican party

Telling me that northern whites also supported Wallace does nothing to support your original claim and nothing to refute my claims. I'm well aware of the "Southern Strategy" but it still didn't allow Nixon to take the South in 1968 and in 1972 Nixon took every state in the Union but one. Are you claiming it was the "Southern Strategy" that allowed Nixon to take Minnesota?

How was Carter able to win the South in 1976 if Republicans had scooped up all the disaffected whites?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

And here we are.
    If racism and anti-Semitism is a "far right" thing how do you explain the fact that the only place you'll find overt and accepted anti-Semitism and racism today is all on the left? Al Sharpton, Omar, Farrahkan and the members of the CBC that support him aren't on the right, they are out and proud leftist. The left is the only group I know of today that wants to use the power of the government to reward and or punish people based solely on their skin color. How can that be when you claim racism is all on the the right?
    Many people on every side of every issue are racist and anti-semitic, no argument here. Very few, however, make it an official policy to actually carry out genocide, or to explicitly defend the enslavement of black people, for instance.

I don't agree with most race-based policies I agree with color blind economic programs that put people to work and help them get higher wages.

Farrahkan is a little bitch, who actually helped in the plot to kill Malcolm X, Omar is overrated, Sharpton is corny but has at least pulled away from the dipshit Tawana Brawley antics.

Again, lots of mouth nothing that supports your original claims and nothing that addresses anything I said.

You claimed racism and anti-Semitism are "far right" things. And yet the most prominent place you'll find overt racism and anti-Semitism in America today is all on the left.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pinochet is probably the world's only notable modern far right dictator. Maybe the Shah of Iran if you'd like to dig into it.

You can argue that Italian Fascism was "center right" if you like. Nazi Fascism was center left especially as they were able to further "implement" it. Socialized "healthcare" anyone?

You don't get to just hand wave and say, "just ignore all that economics stuff" and relabel people left vs. right while ignoring central ideology. Thatsnothowthisworks.gif

Unreadable. Try again.
    In other words you have no response because your original point is indefensible. Economics is central to defining if something is Left or Right. HTH.

Read a book! Lulz.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Unreadable. Try again.
    In other words you have no response because your original point is indefensible. Economics is central to defining if something is Left or Right. HTH.

Read a book! Lulz.
    If you read his responses to me and his "defense" of his own comments it's obvious the guy is a poorly informed lightweight. Every hear of the Southern Strategy!?! Idiot liberals always believe that to be some HUGE mic drop.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Unreadable. Try again.

Read a book! Lulz.
    If you read his responses to me and his "defense" of his own comments it's obvious the guy is a poorly informed lightweight. Every hear of the Southern Strategy!?! Idiot liberals always believe that to be some HUGE mic drop.
    I blame the education system

Shit, I’d take that right now if it was in person.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Nixon lost the South to Wallace in 1968. Nixon won every state but Massachusetts in 1972 but we're supposed to believe that it was the Southern Strategy that allowed him to win the South and not the fact that the Rat party was running on a far left radical platform that was sarcastically referred to by the GOP as the Acid, Amnesty and Abortion platform.

Btw, the "Southern Strategy" that Nixon used was to appeal to the South's more pro-military, pro-law and order, patriotic voters.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

And here we are.

Kunt logic, is there anything it can't do? I love when people respond with bullshit that does nothing to support their original statements.

Dumbass here's what you said:

As soon as LBJ (a Democrat) enforced school desegregation in the South and enforced the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts, Southern whites began to switch to the Republican party

Telling me that northern whites also supported Wallace does nothing to support your original claim and nothing to refute my claims. I'm well aware of the "Southern Strategy" but it still didn't allow Nixon to take the South in 1968 and in 1972 Nixon took every state in the Union but one. Are you claiming it was the "Southern Strategy" that allowed Nixon to take Minnesota?

How was Carter able to win the South in 1976 if Republicans had scooped up all the disaffected whites?
    The Southern strategy didn't really pay off until later, at least in presidential elections. But as a conscious strategy it started in the late 1960s and that is a fact.

That's part of how white southerners became a solid Republican voting bloc whereas before they had been solid Democratic voters.

Also, many people across the country share the more conservative ideology of white southerners. Bringing up Minnesota gets back to my point that George Wallace got a lot of votes in the North.

I guess I don't see where you think I've gone wrong logically. Why don't you explain it without being so, shall we say, emotional?

• Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

And here we are.

Again, lots of mouth nothing that supports your original claims and nothing that addresses anything I said.

You claimed racism and anti-Semitism are "far right" things. And yet the most prominent place you'll find overt racism and anti-Semitism in America today is all on the left.
    Jesus, there's been plenty of anti-semitism but as a POLITICAL phenomenon, meaning as an actual policy, like GENOCIDE, it's been a far right phenomenon.

Many people explicitly identify as far-right and they use anti-semitism as an organizing tool. Like Aryan nation and neo-Nazis. Heard of them?

Anti-semitism is part of the Nation of Islam and other radical black organizations but to date they have not actually rounded up millions of white people or jews and either enslaved or terminated them.

Furthermore, the Nazis hated the communists more than almost anything else. The Nazis explicitly distinguished themselves from the "far left" communists.

Many German social programs date back to Bismarck, a famous conservative, who first implemented them.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Nixon lost the South to Wallace in 1968. Nixon won every state but Massachusetts in 1972 but we're supposed to believe that it was the Southern Strategy that allowed him to win the South and not the fact that the Rat party was running on a far left radical platform that was sarcastically referred to by the GOP as the Acid, Amnesty and Abortion platform.

Btw, the "Southern Strategy" that Nixon used was to appeal to the South's more pro-military, pro-law and order, patriotic voters.

Nixon won in 1968 based on a disorganized Democratic Party (LBJ refused to run) and the fact that many Americans rightly revolted against some of the extreme social protest antics of the New Left.

'72 was an even bigger disaster for the Dems as they moved closer to identity politics and further from working-class issues.

The long term outcome is that more and more whites became estranged from the Democrats, a process hastened by free-market economics and the NAFTA-ization of the economy.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

And here we are.

Jesus, there's been plenty of anti-semitism but as a POLITICAL phenomenon, meaning as an actual policy, like GENOCIDE, it's been a far right phenomenon.

Many people explicitly identify as far-right and they use anti-semitism as an organizing tool. Like Aryan nation and neo-Nazis. Heard of them?

Anti-semitism is part of the Nation of Islam and other radical black organizations but to date they have not actually rounded up millions of white people or jews and either enslaved or terminated them.

Furthermore, the Nazis hated the communists more than almost anything else. The Nazis explicitly distinguished themselves from the "far left" communists.

Many German social programs date back to Bismarck, a famous conservative, who first implemented them.
    Yes, and they also distinguished themselves from conservatives and capitalists.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Goduckies said:

And here we are.

Yes, and they also distinguished themselves from conservatives and capitalists.
    They distinguished themselves from "liberal" capitalists like the French and English and blamed looser sexual mores, race mixing, modern art, jazz, Weimar culture, etc. on the directionless moral vision they believed came from a more laissez-faire national economic policy.

This is why they consciously sought to "conserve" (the root of conservative) the original hard-ass German identity which revolved around cold showers, chaste and compliant matrons, and a profound desire to bake Jews in ovens.

They focused on traditional "national" identity and yes, used government programs to rebuild their economy and become popular.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,632
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The Nazis weren't all that bad compared to trump imo