Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It Is Done

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Insane anyone would think they could pull off a rescheduling and makeup game on such short notice. I cant even fathom the logistical nightmare this must cause. What about the TV crews????

Big asterisk: Let's see the Scott-12 actually pull off rescheduling a game at the last minute before crowning them. We also read on Twatter that rescheduling with Arizona was possible until it apparently wasn't. EWIWBI and I'll be ugly.
    You're assuming if they don't do it that it can't be done.

It can absolutely be done. It's just a question of whether they want too badly enough or not.
    I'll continue to agree to disagree with you there. With the Pentagon's budget, any problem involving football could be solved. In the real world? Maybe, but my default position isn't to just assume nobody tried. Now it's turning out that it was Sumlin who bitched out last Saturday. Cohen couldn't have compelled UA to play. I'm inclined to believe she actually tried and am glad I didn't knee-jerk and shit all over her. And that's just the first layer of the onion. We don't even know if it got far enough for the networks and conference to be involved. Again, if I had PROOF in HAND, I'd be right there with you. If a game gets rescheduled this weekend, that'll be PROOF in HAND, and I'll eat a dick crow. If not? No evidence, so I don't have a strong opinion either way. Wouldn't mean I'm right, just not yet wrong.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Insane anyone would think they could pull off a rescheduling and makeup game on such short notice. I cant even fathom the logistical nightmare this must cause. What about the TV crews????

Big asterisk: Let's see the Scott-12 actually pull off rescheduling a game at the last minute before crowning them. We also read on Twatter that rescheduling with Arizona was possible until it apparently wasn't. EWIWBI and I'll be ugly.

Again, I really want to be wrong here. Would much rather see Cal on Sunday.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

It can absolutely be done. It's just a question of whether they want too badly enough or not.
    I'll continue to agree to disagree with you there. With the Pentagon's budget, any problem involving football could be solved. In the real world? Maybe, but my default position isn't to just assume nobody tried. Now it's turning out that it was Sumlin who bitched out last Saturday. Cohen couldn't have compelled UA to play. I'm inclined to believe she actually tried and am glad I didn't knee-jerk and shit all over her. And that's just the first layer of the onion. We don't even know if it got far enough for the networks and conference to be involved. Again, if I had PROOF in HAND, I'd be right there with you. If a game gets rescheduled this weekend, that'll be PROOF in HAND, and I'll eat a dick crow. If not? No evidence, so I don't have a strong opinion either way. Wouldn't mean I'm right, just not yet wrong.
    You seem to be consistently making this about Cohen which is weird. I didn't read all this Cohen bashing last week. Plenty of conference bashing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

You seem to be consistently making this about Cohen which is weird. I didn't read all this Cohen bashing last week. Plenty of conference bashing.
    You're just one guysm. It was a deluge.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Fuck this nonsense

In October 1970, Wichita State lost 31 people and 14 starters in a plane crash. Three weeks later they played #9 Arkansas, losing 62-0.

A starting middle linebacker, who barely survived the plane crash, hobbled out there on his crutches for the coin toss.

(After learning of the crash, Marshall reconsidered their only airplane trip scheduled that season. Instead of cancelling, they switched from two small planes to one larger DC-9 as they were thought to be safer. Oops.)

Have ASU play Utah
    COVID BOWL!
    #ProfilesInCourage
    not a dry eye in the house

JFC! Those were some TUFF dudes.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Fuck this nonsense

In October 1970, Wichita State lost 31 people and 14 starters in a plane crash. Three weeks later they played #9 Arkansas, losing 62-0.

A starting middle linebacker, who barely survived the plane crash, hobbled out there on his crutches for the coin toss.

(After learning of the crash, Marshall reconsidered their only airplane trip scheduled that season. Instead of cancelling, they switched from two small planes to one larger DC-9 as they were thought to be safer. Oops.)

Have ASU play Utah
    COVID BOWL!
    #ProfilesInCourage

I knew the Wichita State story but didn't know the implications for Marshall.

Dark shit man.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Fuck this nonsense

Have ASU play Utah
    COVID BOWL!
    #ProfilesInCourage

JFC! Those were some TUFF dudes.
    My apologies for my GRIM suggestion, DDJ.
    I had so looked forward for our long-delayed meet-up for the scheduled Beaver waxing that I did not react well to hearing the event was imperiled.

Hopefully my fellow Dawg historians do not mind the occasional Wichita St keyboard rant.
    If it please Her Grace, I can give you the full Shocker Experience.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2020

Fuck this nonsense

Have ASU play Utah
    COVID BOWL!
    #ProfilesInCourage

Back in those days the kids would walk uphill to school/home both ways in the snow bare foot then report for their 14 hour shift in the coal mines shortly after. They aren't breed like that anymore.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

First time I’ve logged on today and paid any attention to anything around the football slate this weekend.

What a fucking shit show everything is. I’m a simple man. I don’t ask for much. I just want to watch some Husky football for the first time in 11 months.

I guess I’ll just shut it down the rest of the day and most of tomorrow and see what happens once the evening comes.