Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tucker: Trump is an indictment of America's ruling class

13»

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,012 Standard Supporter
    The dazzler is worried about too much dihydrogen monoxide in his tap water.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,943

Biden is FOR fracking anyway

Until the end of the day at least

Think how conflicted Dazzler is knowing that Joe supports fracking despite all of those toxic chemicals ruining the environment.
    Just like the dazzler was butt hurt that barry didn't support gay marriage in 2008. Leftards lie and love to be lied to.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I like Tucker ... quite a bit actually. I think he's at his best when he's a little more pissed off.

At any rate, a law professor at UC Hastings wrote a piece, I think in the Harvard Business Review, right after the first election. It's a good read. She really gets in to this distinction between the professional class and the elite wealth ruling class.

Tucker, in this piece, is making her same overall point, but he's conflating those two classes. I don't think the professional class is the ruling class. I don't think they are to blame for fucking things up because I don't think they have that much power.

I get what he's getting at ... the upper middle class and well educated professional who will only live on a coast or Chicago who looks down his nose at people with dirt under their finger nails. But are they really the people who fucked things up here? Are they the "ruling class"?

Chintresting either way.

I thought it was the Christian Right that had all the power.
    I don't think I've ever said that. I've said that the Christian right has wielded a lot of influence in American politics, and I've not experienced or observed anything since the last time I wrote that to now to change my mind. I'm open to an alternative view.
    Whatever power or influence the Christian Right has is a fraction of the power and influence of the Religious Left.
    That may be. That will be put to the test tonight.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    HHusky said:

I am not an O&G guy, but I work at a company with passive interests in it. There was a time when it was scaring the shit out of people. I had our guy, a petroleum engineer who's been in this space for decades, explain it to me. Again, not my area, but it didn't seem that much different from an environmental hazard standpoint than drilling vertically. That conversation is now 5 to 10 years old, but that's what I recall.

I don't know whether multiple toxic chemicals are used in vertical drilling. They are in fracking.
    I think there are chemicals used in vertical drilling. As it was explained to me, the real risk is running drilling lines in every which direction (the essence of fracking) and accidentally running into underground water sources along the way. I'm told it's exceedingly rare.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

HHusky said:

I am not an O&G guy, but I work at a company with passive interests in it. There was a time when it was scaring the shit out of people. I had our guy, a petroleum engineer who's been in this space for decades, explain it to me. Again, not my area, but it didn't seem that much different from an environmental hazard standpoint than drilling vertically. That conversation is now 5 to 10 years old, but that's what I recall.

I don't know whether multiple toxic chemicals are used in vertical drilling. They are in fracking.
    I think there are chemicals used in vertical drilling. As it was explained to me, the real risk is running drilling lines in every which direction (the essence of fracking) and accidentally running into underground water sources along the way. I'm told it's exceedingly rare.
    Yes, but as you say, you're told that by O&G guys.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited November 2020

HHusky said:

There are "chemicals" in everything.

frack fluid is 99% water and sand, relatively mild additives are sometimes added to stop bacteria growing in the drilling mud. Drilling mud is most often water with bentonite clay, chalk, or barite and not at all dangerous. Sometimes lignosulfates (Caldawgs wood chips) and Sometimes xanthum gum (in your grandmas pantry) is added if needed.

Most operators aren't exploratorily horizontally drilling, they aren't running into groundwater on the horizontal run, the turns are almost always >8,000 feet deep, the Ogallala aquifer is ~1,200 feet for reference. There is often MILES of vertical distance between ground water aquifers and the horizontal borehole.

Horizontal rigs are significantly newer, much more expensive, and run by larger more organized operations, they aren't small time guys, they are significantly safer than the rando operator poking vertical holes in the ground.

The vast majority of environmental issues from fracking (very few compared to transportation spills or decades old abandoned wells) occurs with improper and illegal disposal of the fluid after drilling.

Gasbag was awesome on that middle school covered wagon.
    HHusky said:

Just stay in your basement dazzler and worry about the dangers of fracking in Pennsylvania.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Yes, but as you say, you're told that by O&G guys.
    Biden is in favor of fracking

For now

HHusky said:

Just stay in your basement dazzler and worry about the dangers of fracking in Pennsylvania.
    Why worry? blob tells me that Butler, PA is filled with people who love that dirty water.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Why worry? blob tells me that Butler, PA is filled with people who love that dirty water.
    I believe I told you that right after you told me that you'd suck Biden's wizened balls if it would ensure him the victory.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Wonder why Michigan keeps electing democrats if they don't like dirty water

There's no fracking in Flint. Just incompetent democrats

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So because people shoot each other in Chicago, we can't expect cops not to shoot people.

And because Flint has dirty water, we can't complain of fracking leading to dirt water.

You girls are funny!

Btw, Rick Snyder isn't a Democrat.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So because people shoot each other in Chicago, we can't expect cops not to shoot people.

And because Flint has dirty water, we can't complain of fracking leading to dirt water.

You girls are funny!

Yes. You can't

Clean up your house
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,543 Standard Supporter
    Edit:

Go read @Houhusky Husky post again. He has a clue. I have to assume some industry experience.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

You girls are funny!

Do you have any idea how deep an oil well that uses fracking technology is?

You can complain all you want about 'fracking leading to dirt water'- but you don't know shit about the oil industry.

Go read @HoustonHusky post again. He has a clue. I have to assume some industry experience.

Read? Dazzler doesn’t read, he emotes.