Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why wear masks?

HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
https://www.valleynewslive.com/2020/10/30/1357-new-covid-cases-13-more-deaths-in-north-dakota/

This would be the proportional equivalent of California having more than 70,000 new cases and about 660 deaths in a day.

#BetterDeadandRed!

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,105 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020
    You know why I just hit the "fuck off" button for your bullshit?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    Fargo man hit by bus dies of Convid 1984. More at 10!
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    It would be nice if there was a long, Stickied thread relating to All Things Rona so this H dipshit could stop spamming the bored multiple times a day with a copy/paste thread.

Oh, wait...

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/70684/maximum-carnage-week-game-thread#latest
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    Sledog said:

You know why I just hit the "fuck off" button for your bullshit?

I want to care what the answer is, but I can't.
    SkipBoyd said:

HHusky said:

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2020/10/30/1357-new-covid-cases-13-more-deaths-in-north-dakota/

This would be the proportional equivalent of California having more than 70,000 new cases and about 660 deaths in a day.

#BetterDeadandRed!

I think I’ve tried to help you on this before, but you’ve missed it or are deliberately being obtuse. You consistently employ a statistical fallacy called the Extrapolation Error. There are far too many variables at play when comparing a small population in one region to a large one in a different region. It’s part and parcel of the lefts’ “one-size-fits-all” thinking.

If North Dakota reported 13 deaths from lutefisk poisoning would you extrapolate this to 660 lutefisk poisoning deaths in CA? When using very small numbers from a small population one can’t responsibly make predictions about the same experience in a large population. Demographics, culture, economics, social norms, etc. are all way too different.
    It's just proportions. Undeniably true.

Nobody is stopping you from offering a cultural explanation for why the Dakotas are among the most infected places on the planet.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,157
    HHusky said:

SkipBoyd said:

HHusky said:

#BetterDeadandRed!

I think I’ve tried to help you on this before, but you’ve missed it or are deliberately being obtuse. You consistently employ a statistical fallacy called the Extrapolation Error. There are far too many variables at play when comparing a small population in one region to a large one in a different region. It’s part and parcel of the lefts’ “one-size-fits-all” thinking.

If North Dakota reported 13 deaths from lutefisk poisoning would you extrapolate this to 660 lutefisk poisoning deaths in CA? When using very small numbers from a small population one can’t responsibly make predictions about the same experience in a large population. Demographics, culture, economics, social norms, etc. are all way too different.

Nobody is stopping you from offering a cultural explanation for why the Dakotas are among the most infected places on the planet.
    I like how you attempt to use proportions within the US to make your points about North fucking Dakota while ignoring all of the proportions I have provided you which show the US vastly outperforming Europe.

HHusky said:

SkipBoyd said:

HHusky said:

#BetterDeadandRed!

I like how you attempt to use proportions within the US to make your points about North fucking Dakota while ignoring all of the proportions I have provided you which show the US vastly outperforming Europe.
    You know "outperforming" in the context of a pandemic is having fewer cases, not more. Don't you?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Click bait headline, clickbait poster