Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The favorite smokeless tobacco brand (chaw or snus ) of your youth?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,903
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

The favorite smokeless tobacco brand (chaw or snus ) of your youth? 19 votes

Levi Garrett
5%
Ejm 1 vote
Skoal
10%
DerekJohnsonalumni94 2 votes
Red Man
31%
SwayedigitsBad_MotherDuckerRoadTripYellowSnowFishpo31 6 votes
Kodiak
5%
RoadDawg55 1 vote
Beech-nut
0%
Copenhagen
26%
BennyBeaverchuckdfleaIce_HolmvikJoeEDangerously 5 votes
Grizzly
0%
F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off...
0%
Gross (my Ballz hadn't dropped by age 18)
21%
Fire_Marshall_BillIPukeOregonGrellowLebamDawgBleachedAnusDawg 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Red Man

Huh. Never heard of that. Seems like a weird flavor combo.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,832
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I just smoked cigarettes and drank the bier and vodka I could. I tried chew when I was 18. Gross.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

It was great. Haven't seen any in 10 years. Might have sold the couch.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    Red Man
    Duh. What did you think I'd have? Also the Red Man to Copenhagen transition in 9th grade put mega hair on my balls. Looked like a damn afro.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,831
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

One of my two dads chewed Cope constantly. In a pinch (SWIDT?), The Throbber would pack a two finger dip of that shit. But the cool minty flavor of Skoal drove the rodeo/skiier chicks crazy. Nothing like a night of drinking and sharing a chew cup and then getting nekked.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,614
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Copenhagen

chuck said:

I started with Kodiak at age 13 and stuck with it through HS graduation then quit for three years.

Three years later my friends and I ate mushrooms at our house in the U district and walked around town and campus all day. Someone had some Redman and man that made the trip fun. Bad choice though. I was instantly addicted.

A few months later, after toying with red man, beechnut, and some different plugs, I permanently switched to copenhagen.

Here I am at 49 going through a can of it per day. FYFMFE

This thread is a good example of how 99% of you goofs felt about Petersern after 2 years. Of course Master Puppy provided the reality then, much like he is now regarding Lasmbright. Slowly, 1 X 1, you stubborn 3rd graders will come around to puppy's teachings. I got nothing but time. You guys have to a slave 12-hour days to put cabbage water and dry bread on the table, leaving little time to research tthe truths regarding husky football. Pup has it all stored upstairs, hee lived it 1st hand and in depth, close to the scene the last 30 years. You guys can Google-cheat to catch up. Consider it analogous to an open book test. Bone up butthuffs, then come back for discussion. As is, its like sharing threads on open season . No wonder Derek can't keep this place solvent.

I'll be relaxing with a laphroaig-15 and a fat juicy Copenhagen between the cheek and gum (As ole Earl Campbell used to say), waiting foot my pupils to come forward, 1X1, with their newly discovered truths regarding my favorite past time.

If I'm out on river limiting on summer run (river opened today...of course I bagged my limit after 15 minutes, while most went fishless after 5 hours). When your summer home resides on the bank of the best Puget sound steelhead drainage, it comes easy. Sorry i digress, and my point was that if I'm out on the river banks with my champion upland pointers taking in my lavished mountain lifestyle , Ill be back online shortly to grade your work.
    The funny part is that this rant probably fits here at least as well as it did wherever he originally posted it.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,250
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Red Man
    Red Man as a young Fish, now...
    https://youtu.be/eucjAdCtkJM
  • Options
    Red Man
    My first was Beechnut, in a boat with my grandpa at Potholes, when I was about 12. He had to hold me by the ankles when I started yakking...it was the same with my first beer, whiskey, cigar...hell of a summer right there. Moved on to Apple Jack, Levi, Red Man. Started on Cope after that, the curse of playing / coaching baseball. Doing it 'Puppy Style" right now, with a Knob Creek 100 and a pinch...
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    That Swedish General Snus that's been for sale a couple years is good chit, different.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Apple Jack was apple juice and Yukon Jack - 1 to 1 ratio. Easy face plant after drinking that shit.

Cigs, then pipe, then cigars then quit. but I still drink Yukon Jack
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,831
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    LebamDawg said:

Apple Jack was apple juice and Yukon Jack - 1 to 1 ratio. Easy face plant after drinking that shit.

Cigs, then pipe, then cigars then quit. but I still drink Yukon Jack

Used to drop a tin or two full of whiskey in my Skoal. Gave it an extra kick
  • Options
    Red Man

Nothing better back in the day than some AJ and Bubble Yum for a nice spicy chomlet...
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Red Man

One of my two dads chewed Cope constantly. In a pinch (SWIDT?), The Throbber would pack a two finger dip of that shit. But the cool minty flavor of Skoal drove the rodeo/skiier chicks crazy. Nothing like a night of drinking and sharing a chew cup and then getting nekked.

I can (at this point) sprinkle Copenhagen on a salad and eat it (not something I'm proud of, for the record), but if a can of wintergreen Skoal is opened in a room I'm in, I'm heading to the door...way back, I tried "Canadian" Skoal (fine cut like Cope)...it did not end well...