Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The basketball team does not suck

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

I've heard from a pretty legitimate source that Romar is actually a sleazy douche. That the humble religious coach guy is a ploy and that the kids mostly see through it.

Definitely calling bullshit on this. Romar's players love him for a reason, and it sure as hell ain't his coaching.

His character isn't in question. His ability definitely is.

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

They are playing great D, and Wilcox has matured into a very good player.

Romar stripped his program down to bare wood and is rebuilding. And the job appears to be ahead of schedule.

Defense has never been a problem under Romar Aubs, but there's only so many fast breaks off turnovers. Romar has NEVER had a disciplined and organized offensive unit, and 5, 6-6 swings won't get you to the final 4
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

They are playing great D, and Wilcox has matured into a very good player.

Romar stripped his program down to bare wood and is rebuilding. And the job appears to be ahead of schedule.

Defense has never been a problem under Romar Aubs, but there's only so many fast breaks off turnovers. Romar has NEVER had a disciplined and organized offensive unit, and 5, 6-6 swings won't get you to the final 4
    Wrong.

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Doogles said:

I've heard from a pretty legitimate source that Romar is actually a sleazy douche. That the humble religious coach guy is a ploy and that the kids mostly see through it.

Definitely calling bullshit on this. Romar's players love him for a reason, and it sure as hell ain't his coaching.

His character isn't in question. His ability definitely is.

I'm aware his players love him. The ones that come to the dub pretty much always do. This is a guy in coaching who competed with him for recruits.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I also know one of the better recent players and I can tell you that he has nothing but respect for Romar.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Why is anyone getting excited? UW is horrible. And like EVERY YEAR, it's because we have nobody down low. Nobody can play around the basket. Time to nip this shit in the bud! Stop this madness
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Why is anyone getting excited? UW is horrible. And like EVERY YEAR, it's because we have nobody down low. Nobody can play around the basket. Time to nip this shit in the bud! Stop this madness

you're probably right, but since Simmons came back they've played some really good basketball. Only loss being to #1 Arizona in Tuscan in a game they led late in the game. If they win @Cal tonight you can start talking tourney. They have a quality win and a win that can become a quality win if ASU improves 9 spots into the top 50
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

you're probably right, but since Simmons came back they've played some really good basketball. Only loss being to #1 Arizona in Tuscan in a game they led late in the game. If they win @Cal tonight you can start talking tourney. They have a quality win and a win that can become a quality win if ASU improves 9 spots into the top 50
    No.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Don't have a good feeling about tonight. Hope I am wrong but I feel Cal will beat us by 15-20.
    I think we'll lose but it'll be close. We're 8.5 point underdogs and I think that's about right
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Don't have a good feeling about tonight. Hope I am wrong but I feel Cal will beat us by 15-20.
    u were right, fuck our offense and defense is abundantly bad
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    30-14 Kal.

Thats the Romar I know.
  • Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

30-14 Kal.

Thats the Romar I know.

Well yea, but at least AAAAAAndrews has taken as many shots as Wilcox.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Andrews plays so under control...
  • Options
    Do our big men even play on offense? Cause right now I'm not sure they do
  • Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    dhdawg said: