Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The basketball team does not suck

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    What was UW's record when they got shut out of the tournament two years ago? They must have been at least 13 and 5 because I remember they won the Pac-10 regular season.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

What was UW's record when they got shut out of the tournament two years ago? They must have been at least 13 and 5 because I remember they won the Pac-10 regular season.

the pac-12 was historically bad that year. I'd put almost no stock in that.
    I think 13-5
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Its a shame UW had another absolutely terrible OOC season. They're gonna have to be almost perfect to make the tourney where they could have had sSome breathing room had they beaten some of those powerhouses like UC Irvine

They dug a hole, but it's not that dire. They can probably get in with a 12-6 conference season. Fire Marshall Bill had it right. LIPO, and most likely, TSIO. They started hot in conference last year too.

12-6 will not get them in. RPI dreckfest. Gonna need 14-4, at least, baring a run to the conference tourney title game.

TSIFO

You would know more about it than I would, but that would surprise me. 20-11, 12-6 and they don't get it? Every team that went 12-6 in conference got in last year. Even a 10-8 one did. Isn't the Pac 12 considered better this season? 4 Pac 12 teams were in the top 26 in RPI entering today. Last year, there was only one team in the top 26.

The conference is definitely better than last year, but as our recent conference championship should tell you, it's not just about where you finish in conference. Your own profile matters, and UW's non conference is dreadful. Perhaps there's a perfect combination of wins that could get UW in with a 12-6 record but I can't imagine what it would be. Not getting UA at home is a killer for a team with as much profile work to do as UW.

13-5 with any trip to the title game probably does it. 12-6 would need a win over UA in the tourney to get there, I think.

5 non conference losses without a single top 100 non conference win is really hurting. BC's RPI right now is 182.

OTOH, I didn't realize Colorado's RPI was so strong (8 before today). That should help a lot. UW needs CU to stay strong and find a way to win at their place. Doesn't seem likely.

#altitude

• Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Its a shame UW had another absolutely terrible OOC season. They're gonna have to be almost perfect to make the tourney where they could have had sSome breathing room had they beaten some of those powerhouses like UC Irvine

They dug a hole, but it's not that dire. They can probably get in with a 12-6 conference season. Fire Marshall Bill had it right. LIPO, and most likely, TSIO. They started hot in conference last year too.

12-6 will not get them in. RPI dreckfest. Gonna need 14-4, at least, baring a run to the conference tourney title game.

TSIFO

You would know more about it than I would, but that would surprise me. 20-11, 12-6 and they don't get it? Every team that went 12-6 in conference got in last year. Even a 10-8 one did. Isn't the Pac 12 considered better this season? 4 Pac 12 teams were in the top 26 in RPI entering today. Last year, there was only one team in the top 26.

The conference is definitely better than last year, but as our recent conference championship should tell you, it's not just about where you finish in conference. Your own profile matters, and UW's non conference is dreadful. Perhaps there's a perfect combination of wins that could get UW in with a 12-6 record but I can't imagine what it would be. Not getting UA at home is a killer for a team with as much profile work to do as UW.

13-5 with any trip to the title game probably does it. 12-6 would need a win over UA in the tourney to get there, I think.

5 non conference losses without a single top 100 non conference win is really hurting. BC's RPI right now is 182.

OTOH, I didn't realize Colorado's RPI was so strong (8 before today). That should help a lot. UW needs CU to stay strong and find a way to win at their place. Doesn't seem likely.

#altitude

the UA game was in tuscon FYI
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

TSIFO

#altitude

the UA game was in tuscon FYI
    I know. I meant UA doesn't visit BOA this year. We were never beating them in Tucson, but Romar is typically very good against the top conference teams at home. Missing that game really hurts when your profile is borderline.

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

the pac-12 was historically bad that year. I'd put almost no stock in that.
    I think 13-5
    Yeah it was very bad, but it was still a surprise. With my very limited knowledge of this yr's RPI, SOS etc., it seems we need at least 11 wins.
  • Options
    Guys last year I think UW started off like 5-0 or something stupid like that and ended up sucking.

I think this is still an NIT team.

Just be happy we have a good coach in Peterman and football is serious again.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Only read DNCs posts in this thread. Who gives a fuck. Fire Romar.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Shit. NBA and Other Boring Shit. Belongs.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

TSIFO

Conferences don't get bids, teams do.

Washington's OOC performance was a total fucking dreckfest.
  • Options
    IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    News Flash:

Outside of Arizona, the Pac 12 is terrible this year and their RPI rankings will continue to drop. The only "signature" win left on most of their schedules is Zona.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

News Flash:

Outside of Arizona, the Pac 12 is terrible this year and their RPI rankings will continue to drop. The only "signature" win left on most of their schedules is Zona.

*swoon*

ID22 has Pac-12 basketball dialed in.
  • Options
    http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_342_Men.html
    RPI is at 76.
    Their biggest stretch is upcoming, they just got a top twenty five RPI win (CU will not stay a top 10 team without dinwiddie)
    @CAL RPI 34
    @STAN RPI 58
    ORE RPI 22
    win 2 of 3 and we can legitimately talk tournament
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

They are playing great D, and Wilcox has matured into a very good player.

Romar stripped his program down to bare wood and is rebuilding. And the job appears to be ahead of schedule.

Okay....... but after more strippings and re-varnishings that we should remember, who the fuck still cares? Why wait until tournament selection time to declare 2014 another failure for Husky basketball? Declare it now and wait to be surprised. Need to face the truth..... nice guy Romar is not a good recruiter nor an elite basketball coach.

• Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What the hell is RPI?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've heard from a pretty legitimate source that Romar is actually a sleazy douche. That the humble religious coach guy is a ploy and that the kids mostly see through it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2014
    Doogles said:

I've heard from a pretty legitimate source that Romar is actually a sleazy douche. That the humble religious coach guy is a ploy and that the kids mostly see through it.

That is bullshit. I know a few players from the past few years and most of them think Romar is not a very good coach, but they respect him and think he is a good man. Justin Holliday is the only player I know who thinks otherwise. If they thought Romar was a sleazy douche, the NBA and other pro guys wouldn't come back and play at UW every Summer.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

He's a sleazy douche troll trying to make humble religious coaches look bad?