Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Series That Should’ve Ended Sooner

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited October 2020
    dnc said:

Arrested Development should have gone longer originally but never should have done seasons 4 and 5 ten years after the fact.

I like the Office until Michael leaves, though I thought the finale was perfect, love how they handled Dwight and Angela.

Lost would have been better had they cancelled it after season 3 and left everyone with a million questions, rather than doing season 4 and 5 and leaving everyone with a million questions.

I thought that until I went back to seasons 8 and 9 again. I think Robert California was under appreciated. They could have done more with him, I think his weirdness and intimidation of Andy made season 8 pretty damn funny. They could have ran with that for another season or two. When California leaves is when it got really bad. Season 9 was horrible, and the finale is the only saving grace. Dwight and Angela had a great arc completion, but Jim and Pam's shit got old fast. They also ruined Ryan's character throughout the show, it got so bad that season 9 was helped with him off of it until the finale.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The wire.

I honestly dont remember the last season it was so silly
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,327
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

This should have ended when it left ABC

It did. It became Sunday Night Football. Al and Madden went to NBC with the franchise
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020

* spoiler alert* He should have killed Deb when she busted him.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Fishpo31 said:

dnc said:

Arrested Development should have gone longer originally but never should have done seasons 4 and 5 ten years after the fact.

I like the Office until Michael leaves, though I thought the finale was perfect, love how they handled Dwight and Angela.

Lost would have been better had they cancelled it after season 3 and left everyone with a million questions, rather than doing season 4 and 5 and leaving everyone with a million questions.

The first three seasons of Arrested Development were near-perfect for me. Season four sucked, and I've never seen season 5...Always wondered what uninterrupted subsequent seasons would have looked like...

The first three seasons of Arrested D are as close to comedic perfection as you can get in the TV format.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    Founders Club

Eastbound and Down went on a season too long.

I tried season one and couldn't get through it. I thought the main character was an unlikable idiot
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Fishpo31 said:

dnc said:

The first three seasons of Arrested Development were near-perfect for me. Season four sucked, and I've never seen season 5...Always wondered what uninterrupted subsequent seasons would have looked like...

The first three seasons of Arrested D are as close to comedic perfection as you can get in the TV format.
    I hear this all the time, and yet it got cancelled. I've never watched. Too awkward and cringey for me to stomach. Same with The Office.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Fishpo31 said:

dnc said:

100% all of this. I missed AD when it was on Fox, watched it on DVD, loved it, got excited for Season 4, binged it in one day, hated it. Never watched an episode of season 5.

No show was better written than Arrested Development seasons 1-3.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Fishpo31 said:

dnc said:

I hear this all the time, and yet it got cancelled. I've never watched. Too awkward and cringey for me to stomach. Same with The Office.
    It was absolutely brilliant. It takes a couple episodes to figure out the subtleties but once it clicks it's amazing.
  • Options

dnc said:

I thought that until I went back to seasons 8 and 9 again. I think Robert California was under appreciated. They could have done more with him, I think his weirdness and intimidation of Andy made season 8 pretty damn funny. They could have ran with that for another season or two. When California leaves is when it got really bad. Season 9 was horrible, and the finale is the only saving grace. Dwight and Angela had a great arc completion, but Jim and Pam's shit got old fast. They also ruined Ryan's character throughout the show, it got so bad that season 9 was helped with him off of it until the finale.
    Good call on Ryan. I didn't hate Robert California as much as some did though I wouldn't call myself a fan. The redheaded British woman in season 9 or whenever she popped up was the fucking worst.
  • Options
    How has no one said Game of Thrones? Never watched it but it seems the nerds all hated the last couple seasons.
  • Options
    How has no one said Game of Thrones? Never watched it but it seems the nerds all hated the last couple seasons after slurping metric tons of dragon cock the first few.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

How has no one said Game of Thrones? Never watched it but it seems the nerds all hated the last couple seasons after slurping metric tons of dragon cock the first few.

I mentioned it in the OP.

And don’t knock dragon cock until you’ve tried it.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Pics?
  • Options

dnc said:

I can't read