Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:
Choose a Donation Amount
Username
(required for credit)
Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• The headline was enticing but then I realized the Husky Haul was your source.
    Fire_Marshall_BillCanadawgdOgmasterNoWarningJustDawg
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Posts: 22,952
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes 10000 Comments
    They're awfully young!
    GrundleStiltzkin1to392831weretakenguntloveCFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • doogiedoogie Posts: 9,616
    5,000 Up Votes 5,000 Awesomes 5000 Comments 250 Answers
    Gonna be Great in two years, 3 years tops
  • How is the OL young? 2 SR, 1 JR, 2 SO... all of which have played a lot.

Oregon's OL has played a combined 23 games and averages just 62 career snaps per player.
    FremontTroll
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Posts: 11,057
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes 10000 Comments

How is the OL young? 2 SR, 1 JR, 2 SO... all of which have played a lot.

Oregon's OL has played a combined 23 games and averages just 62 career snaps per player.

Probably because the 2 seniors and 1 junior are the only guys in the room for those classes. As a whole, the OL group is very young. Oregon's starting OL has less snaps but they are about the same as us in terms of years experience (I think I saw they are likely starting 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and a soph)
    CFetters_Nacho_Lover
  • How is the OL young? 2 SR, 1 JR, 2 SO... all of which have played a lot.

Probably because the 2 seniors and 1 junior are the only guys in the room for those classes. As a whole, the OL group is very young. Oregon's starting OL has less snaps but they are about the same as us in terms of years experience (I think I saw they are likely starting 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and a soph)
    It's curious why Oregon is getting such a nod in the early juncture...

That OL with an inexperienced QB would scare the hell out of me as a fan.
    WoofYellowSnow
  • chuckchuck Posts: 4,375
    Standard Supporter 5,000 Awesomes 5,000 Up Votes Seventh Anniversary

That doesn't help them win and preseason position rankings only matter to Preston, DJduck and lawsandll. If there's any point in arguing about it that will come after some games are played.
    YellowSnow
  • Clemson, Bammer, and Ohio State have young players. Win, beat Oregon, or GTFO

All the Doogs who makes excuses for 8-5 can light themselves on fire
    WoofCFetters_Nacho_LoverYellowSnow
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Posts: 19,723
    10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes 10000 Comments 250 Answers
    Like a harry potter style cupboard
  • dncdnc Posts: 47,434
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Awesomes 10,000 Up Votes 25000 Comments

chuck said:

That doesn't help them win and preseason position rankings only matter to Preston, DJduck and lawsandll. If there's any point in arguing about it that will come after some games are played.
    I mean yes and no.

In a shortened season I'd argue starting higher in the rankings gives you a pretty big boost in perception + opportunity. Oregon's first 5 games are a joke and if they start 5-0 they're likely to get be near the top 4.

If UW starts 6-0 before Oregon... do they get the same respect starting outside the top 25? I doubt it and it could go a long ways in determining whether a Pac 12 team makes the playoff.
    Agree with this
  • Twisted Sister was a shitty group
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Posts: 11,057
    Swaye's Wigwam 10,000 Up Votes 10,000 Awesomes 10000 Comments

Twisted Sister was a shitty group

This is the kind of insight I come here for.
  • Twisted Sister was a shitty group

guntlovePurpleBazeNoWarningJustDawg
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Posts: 2,278
    5,000 Awesomes 2,500 Up Votes 250 Answers 1000 Comments
    Cascade front or GTFO
    RDRCFetters_Nacho_Loverdnc
  • AOGAOG Posts: 32
    10 Comments 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    they will be ready to rumble or GTFO