Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Something is bothering me....

Comments

• GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,225

Whether Biden has a 16 point lead or a 2 point lead, it was always going to be the same dynamic. Biden is milquetoast, and frankly this election isn't about him for a vast majority of Americans. Not even democrats are really expecting him to re-run in 2024 should he win.

We saw the same thing play out in the primaries. Despite Bernie garnering enthusiasm that was magnitudes greater than Joe's, he still got crushed. While his base was all-in, he was far too radical to build broad support.

Bernieost because Warren was still in splitting the whacko vote.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
    I don't see much of either sign here. I'll see the occasional Trump redneck with a monster truck he can't afford.

Show Low and Snowflakes (LDS) town folk aren't afraid to proudly endorse the Donald
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,485 Founders Club
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,961 Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

Lots a Biden signs down here in Mayberry. Not one Trump one on our? Side of the River. But there’s been a convoy of Trumptard Monster Trucks coming through every Sat to harass all the dirty Californicator invasion.

Wow. I live in an extremely RAT infested part of Cali and there are barely any Biden signs. TBF, there aren't many Trump signs either but more than I would expect. I see little kids wearing Trump t-shirts more than I would expect. On I-5, Trump stickers out number Biden stickers 3-1 or more.
    I don’t think most Dems are enthralled with Biden. Certainly doesn’t generate the cathartic response does with his base. But don’t underestimate the power of Trump hate in this election. I think they smell blood and only need to flip 80,000 votes in 3 states.
    It's a referendum on Trump, no one is voting for Biden. If Trump could actually stay on point and articulate an effective defense of himself and take it to Joe Biden in a coherent manner he'd win this thing easily, but that ain't Trump.

A 30 second response to the Charlottesville lie would have put that bullshit to bed 3 years ago.

"Joe you claim you got into the race because I supposedly said that neo-Nazis were 'fine people', like a lot of claims in your life Joe that too is a lie. I was talking specifically about people on both sides of the Confederate statute issue, and I accurately predicted as we all saw this past summer that this push to tear down statues wouldn't stop at Confederate statues, we now see your supporters tearing down statues of Washington, Jefferson and yes, even Abe Lincoln. This is the issue for which there are good people on both sides Joe and I specifically singled out the KKK and neo-Nazis as people who should be condemned and were not part of the "good people" on both sides.

You launched your campaign what that lie Joe, you've used it through out the primary and the general election. You repeated the lie when you accepted the nomination and repeated it again during our first debate. Joe, either you're poorly informed and lazy, never once even bothering to take the time to watch and listen to what I actually said, on the issue you claim caused you to get into the race, or you're intentionally lying Joe, which everyone here knows you have a long history of doing, which is it Joe? "
    Imagine Trump with Bill Clinton or Reagan’s political gifts. Oh well.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

RoadTrip said:

Lots a Biden signs down here in Mayberry. Not one Trump one on our? Side of the River. But there’s been a convoy of Trumptard Monster Trucks coming through every Sat to harass all the dirty Californicator invasion.

Wow. I live in an extremely RAT infested part of Cali and there are barely any Biden signs. TBF, there aren't many Trump signs either but more than I would expect. I see little kids wearing Trump t-shirts more than I would expect. On I-5, Trump stickers out number Biden stickers 3-1 or more.
    I don’t think most Dems are enthralled with Biden. Certainly doesn’t generate the cathartic response does with his base. But don’t underestimate the power of Trump hate in this election. I think they smell blood and only need to flip 80,000 votes in 3 states.
    Hate is a powerful thing. So is stupidity in terms of how it can be manipulated.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    if it helps any - Real Clear Politics has the spread at 9 points, Trump up in Texas, Ga, Fla, and Az

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/elections/

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    I am sure Trump's team tell him to call Joe a liar, keep it short and sweet, hit him with the truth - but Trump can't control himself and goes off script.

That is what people kind of like about him - he ain't a politician but he is close. He rambles on. but not like a Led Zep song.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    LebamDawg said:

I am sure Trump's team tell him to call Joe a liar, keep it short and sweet, hit him with the truth - but Trump can't control himself and goes off script.

That is what people kind of like about him - he ain't a politician but he is close. He rambles on. but not like a Led Zep song.

Well and good but Bob’s wordy reply wouldn’t help Trump at all. Be aggressive. No qualifiers. That’s Trump.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

SFGbob said:

RoadTrip said:

It's a referendum on Trump, no one is voting for Biden. If Trump could actually stay on point and articulate an effective defense of himself and take it to Joe Biden in a coherent manner he'd win this thing easily, but that ain't Trump.

A 30 second response to the Charlottesville lie would have put that bullshit to bed 3 years ago.

"Joe you claim you got into the race because I supposedly said that neo-Nazis were 'fine people', like a lot of claims in your life Joe that too is a lie. I was talking specifically about people on both sides of the Confederate statute issue, and I accurately predicted as we all saw this past summer that this push to tear down statues wouldn't stop at Confederate statues, we now see your supporters tearing down statues of Washington, Jefferson and yes, even Abe Lincoln. This is the issue for which there are good people on both sides Joe and I specifically singled out the KKK and neo-Nazis as people who should be condemned and were not part of the "good people" on both sides.

You launched your campaign what that lie Joe, you've used it through out the primary and the general election. You repeated the lie when you accepted the nomination and repeated it again during our first debate. Joe, either you're poorly informed and lazy, never once even bothering to take the time to watch and listen to what I actually said, on the issue you claim caused you to get into the race, or you're intentionally lying Joe, which everyone here knows you have a long history of doing, which is it Joe? "
    Too many words for low-info Centrists who are playing games on their phones while watching a debate. You never acknowledge the smear against you as the opening. That’s all they remember.

Bad advice.

“Joe, I condemned the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville the day you claim I didn’t. Stop lying about it.”

Uppercut right away.

Then you go into Biden’s “You ain’t Black*” and other racist statements to get him off-center. Racial Jungle. Lack of Cultural Diversity.

That’s it. That’s what you do. It’s a slam dunk.

Don’t ever acknowledge or qualify with “supposedly” or “either.”

State the truth and then go on the attack.

I should be advising Trump’s campaign. No qualifying adverbs legitimizing the criticism, just provable facts on the re odd and put Joe on the defensive for his own racism that is easily researched.
    Okay, I could live with that but you’ve got to fucking throw that punch.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    pawz said:

I pretty much don't know what to believe anymore. The irony of the information age in which we live.

Is it any wonder why the most empoyable people now are those with expertise in data science?

Mother. Fucking. This.

Every single tim there is the latest salacious headline, I mandatory give it 24-48hrs to get more information before I decide to be pissed/outraged. It's really the only way to operate for a rational individual.

If I really care about a story? I head to international news outlets and/or far-left anti-establishment types to make sure I'm getting perspective outside of my echo chamber. Then I take a walk on the beach.

Story tim. About 3 weeks ago, one of my establishment DNC buddies sent me a story about how a black man was found dead with his corpse burning in the bushes somewhere in Iowa. 2nd or 3rd paragraph of the story point-blank said there was no evidence the murder was race related. I quoted that back to him and he flipped out. I also mentioned my 24-48 hr rule. Apparently we? are on the cusp of a major race war. Welp, 3 weeks later nary a word in the rest of the MSM about the story, let alone any potential race/hate crime. I was right, you know. We? haven't discussed politics since.

I imagine this is how they? aim to keep control over us? Amirite @oregonblitzkrieg??
    You can fight them with sigs like yours. Leftists hate that.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,963

pawz said:

I pretty much don't know what to believe anymore. The irony of the information age in which we live.

Is it any wonder why the most empoyable people now are those with expertise in data science?

Mother. Fucking. This.

Every single tim there is the latest salacious headline, I mandatory give it 24-48hrs to get more information before I decide to be pissed/outraged. It's really the only way to operate for a rational individual.

If I really care about a story? I head to international news outlets and/or far-left anti-establishment types to make sure I'm getting perspective outside of my echo chamber. Then I take a walk on the beach.

Story tim. About 3 weeks ago, one of my establishment DNC buddies sent me a story about how a black man was found dead with his corpse burning in the bushes somewhere in Iowa. 2nd or 3rd paragraph of the story point-blank said there was no evidence the murder was race related. I quoted that back to him and he flipped out. I also mentioned my 24-48 hr rule. Apparently we? are on the cusp of a major race war. Welp, 3 weeks later nary a word in the rest of the MSM about the story, let alone any potential race/hate crime. I was right, you know. We? haven't discussed politics since.

I imagine this is how they? aim to keep control over us? Amirite @oregonblitzkrieg??
    You can fight them with sigs like yours. Leftists hate that.
    The @pawz Sig is prolly the best cigarette ad of all Tim.
    It is.