Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Something is bothering me....

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
On the one hand, I don't trust poles very much, but on the other when the spread hits 16 it can't be completely made up.

But...and here's the big butt (lulz), have you ever seen less enthusiasm for a guy who is supposed to be 16 points ahead nationally? I'm being serious. This isn't a "make fun of Slow Joe" post. It's been bugging me. I'm on record a week ago saying I think Joe wins a tighter one than expected, but it keeps bothering me that this guy isn't campaigning at all, lids everything at 10AM, and when he does do a rally literally dozens of people show up.

Meanwhile, Trump is packing 10,000 seat arenas with lines out the door, and 30K car rallies are happening for him in South Florida. Joe couldn't get 30 cars together. A neighbor told me he thinks nobody is showing up for Joe because his supporters are all out "protesting." I can't buy that.

If Joe wins this will be the first tim in history a guy who couldn't draw a crowd over a thousand (fact check needed?) ever won the modern Presidency. WHen I go for a drive I see no Biden signs anywhere. Well, not true, there is one lone farm on a backroad I take that has a Biden sign. Meanwhile the neighbors on both sides 3 deep all have Trump signs. Trump signs and stickers are everywhere, and I'm in Virginia, not exactly a conservative bastion anymore. I see nothing for Biden. Anywhere. Trump everywhere.

I mean I guess it is possible that Biden has millions and millions of passionate voters that can't wait to cast their vote for him, but how come we never see them? Again, this is a serious question. At least with Hillary in '16 I did see signs and bumper stickers and people at the grocery store handing out flyers for her, etc. Nothing for Joe.

If Biden wins, I guess we have to explain it that nobody was voting for Biden, but against Trump? It really will be something to have a President that seemingly inspires nobody, but won instead because he was the guy with a pulse opposite Trump.

2020 is a weird year. SMOD can't get here soon enough.

Comments

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Samsies fren, trump is definitely poll confusing, but that much? Very confusing.

I lean right but have many liberal friends, nobody talks about Biden, but I have witnessed a few bitter red pills.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,846
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I have the same unease. What the media is saying and my pulse on the situation are two entirely different things.

The only two media people I trust, the Rising"s Krystal and Saagar, they are constantly insisting due to polls that the election is breaking against Trump due to how blue hairs are voting on CV19. It's no surprise blue hairs make up the majority of the voting electorate.

Then I see that banned documentary Shadowgate and it insists the media is controlled 100% by deepstate and they are controlling the narrative across most platforms in anyway they can to influence the election. Which frankly is a proposition that is difficult to disagree with.

That said, in W Bellevue all I see are Biden signs. Of Trump people I know, almost no one will admit it publicly w a sign. They don't want the scorn.

I know of exactly one house in Kirkland that pays homage to DJT with a shrine/multiple signs. Just one.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tonto, Trump carried your part of the state in a landslide in 2016. Of course all you’re gonna see is Trumptard signage.
  • Options
    Founders Club

The polls are rigged right now (they are way over sampling Dems) to try and demoralize Trump voters and explain away the printing and harvesting of ballots and stealing of the election...just wait until Philly has “record turnout” to vote for a guy who can’t draw 20 people to an event.

It's crazy. I mean this guy simply cannot draw a crowd. Never seen anything like it. Leading huge for the Presidency can't get anyone to show up to see him. So weird.

I just feel like there is a huge dissonance between the poles and what my eyes show me. With Hillary in 16 it was obvious it would be close. People everywhere canvassing for her and handing out flyers. Have yet to be doorbelled once or handed a flyer for Biden.

It just feels off from the 16 point lead he supposedly has.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Tonto, Trump carried your part of the state in a landslide in 2016. Of course all you’re gonna see is Trumptard signage.

I do drive places. Even in Fairfax county (liberal as fuck) there is nothing. Nada. Nothing.
    Then there's the political manufacturing index in China.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/politico-china-watcher/2020/08/27/china-watches-the-democratic-and-republican-conventions-weibo-trump-nation-builder-biden-490194

Too early for the Halloween mask index but I could bet you that Trump wins that walking away. I can't imagine even my most liberal friends dressing up as Joe.
    I don't know, geriatric creeper is IN for 2020!
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Well, all of the ballots in the mailboxes on my street that got raided the day ballots came out will certainly vote
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogie said:

Lots a Biden signs down here in Mayberry. Not one Trump one on our? Side of the River. But there’s been a convoy of Trumptard Monster Trucks coming through every Sat to harass all the dirty Californicator invasion.

I just electrified a new metal Trump sign in front of the house with a camera on it. Stay tuned.
    Lulz
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2020
    I have never been polled for an election. Never. Neither has anyone in my household. I ain't young. There are about 3 Biden signs here in N Idaho.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,131
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I see more negative Trump signs than anything for either candidate.

I live in a relatively middle suburb of Dallas, where contrarian liberals are inspired to be outspoken.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Almost 100% of the media has a vested interest in big government just like Hfag and a few real losers on this site. The rest who vote for Biden are just dumb as dirt and can't think for themselves. Wag the Dog and if you think it's weird now...terms like the deep state are not conspiratorial. Big government and their corporate shills are looking to dominate the world and they need to be in bed with China to continue making trillions. A strong United States doesn't benefit those who espouse and get rich off of big government. It's good for small business owners which are hated by the media and politicians. The CON party is dominated by organizations which profit from cheap labor and cheap production out of China. Trump has helped the common man understand this and this is why the deep state wants him gone by any means.