Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kizer opts out.

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
Gilchrist makes sense but Kizer pussing out kind of sucks. Soft Pete player. Time to see who's better between Yary and Redman and get them in there.

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    Kizer played a little last year and had some good blocks but the walk on guy seemed to get just as much play and was somewhat of a pass catching threat. With 3 guys coming in and Culp moving to h-back there's not going to be playing time for everyone.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Kizer had back issues

He’s a senior with no long-term football future

Likely would be passed on the depth chart by both Redman and Yary

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Kizer had back issues

That's a good point. Forgot about that. But the article I won't link said it was primarily for COVID reasons.
    Yes ... opting out because of COVID

But in the case of both Kizer and Gilchrist both players with no path to playing time and no future in football as a player ... easy decision to opt out IMO
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Kizer had back issues

for COVID reasons.
    Isn’t that pretty much the excuse for everything?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

But in the case of both Kizer and Gilchrist both players with no path to playing time and no future in football as a player ... easy decision to opt out IMO

Their future reminds me of TCU's future in college football.

Tequilla said:

Why make a proclamation greater than needed?

Can opt out without losing that eligibility and future scholarship ... don’t know degree statuses but probably wise to not say you’re selling the couch until the degree is finished

It’s like a restaurant that is temporarily closed. It’s just a matter of time before it closes for good.
    Unfortunately true
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Kizer calls it quits. Say that 5 times fast.....I'll wait.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited October 2020
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,772 Founders Club
  • 2girls1applecup2girls1applecup Member Posts: 80

Tequilla said:

Why opt out and not just quit? Are they coming back next year?

If you’ve got no future in football, I think you’d either quit or say fuck it, I’m going to enjoy my last year playing a sport I love.
    If you have no future in football and are getting a free edu why not get going on your masters next year. I know it some what affects our numbers but I'm all for the kids getting theirs in this situation. If our upper campus doesn't care, only seems fair. Also, this happens when your pitch is "top 5 or 10 school in the galaxy"
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Kizer had back issues

That's a good point. Forgot about that. But the article I won't link said it was primarily for COVID reasons.
    Blame it on COVID and you have the option to play again next year without losing eligibility if you so desire. Blame it on back issues and you’re donezo.

No reason to take the option off the table if you’re not 100% sure.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,772 Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Why opt out and not just quit? Are they coming back next year?

If you’ve got no future in football, I think you’d either quit or say fuck it, I’m going to enjoy my last year playing a sport I love.
    If you have no future in football and are getting a free edu why not get going on your masters next year. I know it some what affects our numbers but I'm all for the kids getting theirs in this situation. If our upper campus doesn't care, only seems fair. Also, this happens when your pitch is "top 5 or 10 school in the galaxy"
    LEAVE!!