Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

In defense of Ballz

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
Ahmed is going to make an active NFL roster before Chris Warren, does too.

Happy for Salvon.

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,949 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020
    Sources said:

Should really open up their horizontal running attack

I think your sig should just stop with the first question..."you gonna deglaze that fucking pan?" That's the best part. One if the best episodes ever.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,015
    Makes sense, he has the most experience on the roster at copying Myles Gaskin.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    According to Ballz, Gaskin better look out, because Ahmed is coming for his job.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,351 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020
    Longest td run in UW history
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Pete ruined Ahmed.

When he said, "We'll be back better next year dawg fans" or something similar after the Vegas bowl I actually had hope he'd be back and they would use him correctly.

That's how shit Pete's offense was. Players had zero faith in it. Surprised Ty Jones and the other receivers are still even fucking here.

Lol! Ahmed is elite.

According to Ballz, Gaskin better look out, because Ahmed is coming for his job.

So? He has some elite skills.

What dumb fuck thought he was this every down back you run up the middle with?

Oh yeah that was Chris Petersen.

He's been one of the only huskies that has actually been good on offense against Oregon.

He absolutely wore down and embarrassed cuog in the 2018 apple cup in the 4th quarter.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,006
    haie said:

Pete ruined Ahmed.

When he said, "We'll be back better next year dawg fans" or something similar after the Vegas bowl I actually had hope he'd be back and they would use him correctly.

That's how shit Pete's offense was. Players had zero faith in it. Surprised Ty Jones and the other receivers are still even fucking here.

Eh. You can hang this or that on Pete, but for Christ's stake I'm not sure I've seen a back more talented at running straight into the backs of his blockers than the Terrorist. That's just something that even his Dad would acknowledge.

Beyond that, he went down on first contact of any kind, and was garbage in the clutch. Love him, hate him, or whatever, it's pretty hard to argue these points. These aren't "scheme" issues.

He was good for one thing: using a wide open lane outside and blasting through it. He just wasn't a running back and he was never going to be an elite wide receiver.

The context of the all chatter with you, BTP and Ballz was started by me making the rather obvious point that replacing Gaskin ... even replacing .75 of a Gaskin, was going to be a huge ? As usual, I was right.

haie said:

Lol! Ahmed is elite.

So? He has some elite skills.

What dumb fuck thought he was this every down back you run up the middle with?

Oh yeah that was Chris Petersen.

He's been one of the only huskies that has actually been good on offense against Oregon.

He absolutely wore down and embarrassed cuog in the 2018 apple cup in the 4th quarter.
    He has one elite skill. One. Good burst. Open outside lane where nobody will lay a finger on him, yeah, he's your guy. Other than that, he was garbage. If he'd been a Duck, you'd have worn out your LOL emoji on him. You know I'm right. He was as disappointing as Gaskin was good. That's pretty fucking disappointing.

@backthepack
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,418 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gadget guy. Doesn't like being hit so he'll never be running between the tackles.

haie said:

Pete ruined Ahmed.

Eh. You can hang this or that on Pete, but for Christ's stake I'm not sure I've seen a back more talented at running straight into the backs of his blockers than the Terrorist. That's just something that even his Dad would acknowledge.

Beyond that, he went down on first contact of any kind, and was garbage in the clutch. Love him, hate him, or whatever, it's pretty hard to argue these points. These aren't "scheme" issues.

He was good for one thing: using a wide open lane outside and blasting through it. He just wasn't a running back and he was never going to be an elite wide receiver.

The context of the all chatter with you, BTP and Ballz was started by me making the rather obvious point that replacing Gaskin ... even replacing .75 of a Gaskin, was going to be a huge ? As usual, I was right.

What's wrong with having a hybrid player on your offense that is used in edge opportunities? Worked against a lot of teams, including SC and Oregon.

He was elite at that. It's not my fault Pete and a bunch of doogs wanted him used the same way as Gaskin.

I never said he was replacing Gaskin. Richard Newton was supposed to do that. When he went down the offense went to shit tier fast, but that's a different discussion.
    haie said:

haie said:

Pete ruined Ahmed.

What's wrong with having a hybrid player on your offense that is used in edge opportunities? Worked against a lot of teams, including SC and Oregon.

He was elite at that. It's not my fault Pete and a bunch of doogs wanted him used the same way as Gaskin.

I never said he was replacing Gaskin. Richard Newton was supposed to do that. When he went down the offense went to shit tier fast, but that's a different discussion.
    Fair point. He was a "set him up" offensive player. Those guys are good for breaking open a game or plunging the dagger. The problem is, he was profiled and billed as a running back. So a lot of doogs, including our very own BTP, thought he was the answer for losing Gaskin. That's where the disconnect tended to be.
    edited October 2020

haie said:

haie said:

Pete ruined Ahmed.

Fair point. He was a "set him up" offensive player. Those guys are good for breaking open a game or plunging the dagger. The problem is, he was profiled and billed as a running back. So a lot of doogs, including our very own BTP, thought he was the answer for losing Gaskin. That's where the disconnect tended to be.
    Since 2017 it's clear they had no clue on what to do with him. I mean it's doogs, there always another quarterback and BIG back to fill in the gaps.

Fuller, Bachellia, Chico (bad chico) were used over him in a lot of situations I thought were made for his skillset.

It's really sad. My point is I don't blame him for declaring.

Oregon would have used him much better in the offense they ran the last two years where there's a lot of blocking and a solid swing game for him.