Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

HH Favorite Rock Album Round 1 (1980- 90) - #7 War vs #10 And Justice For All

2»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    7) U2 - War

chuck said:

Four great albums in a row contest would be a fun pole.

Neil's best run:

Freedom
    Ragged Glory
    Harvest Moon
    Sleeps with Angels

I think it's the best ever, but I'm pretty biased.

After the Gold Rush
    Harvest
    Time Fades Away
    On the Beach
    Tonights the Night

I'm probably wrong on the order or them being consecutive but c'mon man
    Subtract Harvest from your list and I completely agree but it disrupts that list any way you try to arrange it. On the Beach is a strong contender for my #1, and your other three are solidly Top 10. Harvest is not among my favorites though. I like the title track, Old Man and Heart of Gold are fine, and Alabama is one of my favorites. The rest is skip button material though. I think Harvest Moon is way, way better.

Ragged Glory is glorious start to finish. Freedom has Crime in the City and Dont Cry. Sleeps With Angels has Change Your Mind and Trans Am. Those tracks are hard to compete with.

Thought some more on this as I typed...throw out Gold Rush and Harvest and add Zuma to the other three and we have a tough contest.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,970
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    10) Metallica – And Justice For All
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Neil's best run:

Freedom
    Ragged Glory
    Harvest Moon
    Sleeps with Angels

After the Gold Rush
    Harvest
    Time Fades Away
    On the Beach
    Tonights the Night

Subtract Harvest from your list and I completely agree but it disrupts that list any way you try to arrange it. On the Beach is a strong contender for my #1, and your other three are solidly Top 10. Harvest is not among my favorites though. I like the title track, Old Man and Heart of Gold are fine, and Alabama is one of my favorites. The rest is skip button material though. I think Harvest Moon is way, way better.

Ragged Glory is glorious start to finish. Freedom has Crime in the City and Dont Cry. Sleeps With Angels has Change Your Mind and Trans Am. Those tracks are hard to compete with.

Thought some more on this as I typed...throw out Gold Rush and Harvest and add Zuma to the other three and we have a tough contest.
    You serious clark? Are you ready for the country? I don't know if we can be frens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG6hgkn8ra8
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,486
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Neil's best run:

Freedom
    Ragged Glory
    Harvest Moon
    Sleeps with Angels

After the Gold Rush
    Harvest
    Time Fades Away
    On the Beach
    Tonights the Night

Zuma is awesome

Words off of Harvest is good.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    7) U2 - War

chuck said:

chuck said:

Neil's best run:

Freedom
    Ragged Glory
    Harvest Moon
    Sleeps with Angels

After the Gold Rush
    Harvest
    Time Fades Away
    On the Beach
    Tonights the Night

Zuma is awesome

Zuma was always my go to when my girlfriends were mean to me and I love every second of it to this day. I dont know how people even slightly familiar with Neil seem to ignore it.

Agree on Words too. It's one of the high points of Harvest.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    7) U2 - War

chuck said:

chuck said:

Neil's best run:

Freedom
    Ragged Glory
    Harvest Moon
    Sleeps with Angels

After the Gold Rush
    Harvest
    Time Fades Away
    On the Beach
    Tonights the Night

You serious clark? Are you ready for the country? I don't know if we can be frens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG6hgkn8ra8
    I'm not ready for the country Yella. If you hate me for that then I understand.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Neil's best run:

Freedom
    Ragged Glory
    Harvest Moon
    Sleeps with Angels

After the Gold Rush
    Harvest
    Time Fades Away
    On the Beach
    Tonights the Night

Zuma is awesome

Zuma was always my go to when my girlfriends were mean to me and I love every second of it to this day. I dont know how people even slightly familiar with Neil seem to ignore it.

Stupid Girl works every tim
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    7) U2 - War

chuck said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Neil's best run:

Freedom
    Ragged Glory
    Harvest Moon
    Sleeps with Angels

After the Gold Rush
    Harvest
    Time Fades Away
    On the Beach
    Tonights the Night

Zuma is awesome

Stupid Girl works every tim
    It all does. Barstool Blues and Drive Back hit the spot in the right situations too. At my absolute, lowest points it was Danger Bird. A more committed man listens to Danger Bird right before jumping in front of a train.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And then there is Pardon my Heart

Just a beautiful song
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

chuck said:

Neil's best run:

Freedom
    Ragged Glory
    Harvest Moon
    Sleeps with Angels

I'll take it under consideration.
    Remember it's first four. Not middle four. Or end four. Freshman effort followed by next three full length releases. I think Kill em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets and And Justice For All can stand against anything.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I love One, but every song on AJFA is 8 minutes long, which was the deciding factor.

Found the queer.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,970
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

chuck said:

Neil's best run:

Freedom
    Ragged Glory
    Harvest Moon
    Sleeps with Angels

I'll take it under consideration.
    Remember it's first four. Not middle four. Or end four. Freshman effort followed by next three full length releases. I think Kill em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets and And Justice For All can stand against anything.
    I missed the "first" part vs just a 4 run winning streak. Chinteresting. Metallica would be strong here. Neil Young too even though I don't really listen to his first album much. Black Sabbath's first 4 albums were all classics. Same with the Beatles but those are too Beatlemania / Merseybeat to garner much attention here.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,089
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    7) U2 - War
    Swaye said:

I love One, but every song on AJFA is 8 minutes long, which was the deciding factor.

Found the queer.
    SAY IT TO MY FACE!

Naked,
    In a Tee Pee under the moonlit sky, standing on a bed of tatonka pelts, and the best firewater insecticide sales can buy!