Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

AANDY now says

2»

Comments

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Dardanus said:

At the very least, he didn't fight very hard, which means he knew he could find someone equal or better. .

Remember what Woody said to the team after Sark spilled the beans to the team.... "I will find you a coach that can win more than 8 games" or something very much to that effect. I loved it. It was a slight to Sark and possibly foreshadowing what he already knew.

• Options
    Thread goes "poof"
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Some of you need to learn the difference between what AAaaandy was hearing all these years about Sark, and what he actually thought. Do I have that right?

You could have it right as well as anybody. I'm not sure it matters much if anything at all about what AANDY actually thought compared to what he was hearing as reported in his blog at Dm.c. If I cared which I don't, I might wonder how much of AANDY's rumors if any he expected his readers to believe as reality versus fiction.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    LawDawg1 said:

Dardanus said:

At the very least, he didn't fight very hard, which means he knew he could find someone equal or better. .

Remember what Woody said to the team after Sark spilled the beans to the team.... "I will find you a coach that can win more than 8 games" or something very much to that effect. I loved it. It was a slight to Sark and possibly foreshadowing what he already knew.

Source?

If that is true... Sark was a dead man coaching ... and he was told after UCLA.

OSU was him closing the deal on the field for USC.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209332166

"Scott Woodward emphasized three, clear points:

•I promise I will find you a great coach, one who will go beyond eight and nine wins to a championship;
    •This is ultimately your program;
    •And right now, this week, is prime time to own it."

topdawgnc said:

LawDawg1 said:

Dardanus said:

Source?

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm shocked that Scott Woodward wasn't mesmerized by the glitz, glamor, access, and dude brah'ing that was Sark's specialty.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    You never barked for Sark? Personally, I loved the giant mural of Willingham on the side of Husky Stadium. I would like that in my bedroom. Glug.
    Barney said:

From that same article a quote by the Woody:

“This team doesn’t belong to any one coach. It doesn’t belong to me or any one coach,”

About damn time a whole lot of folks figured that out.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    LawDawg1 said:

•I promise I will find you a great coach, one who will go beyond eight and nine wins to a championship;

Good to read that again in context.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You cock-eaters REALLY go too far. I read your posts to friends of mine in Portland and they think you are disgusting pigs and not very nice. ....I AGREE.

I told them you are huskie fans and that makes you assholes by association and, hence, can't help yourselves. The lot of you need to get your minds out of the gutter. I am sick and tired of making excuses for you. Fuck
  • Options
    Dardanus said:

When listing Woody's greatest accomplishments as AD, it's obvious that overseeing the stadium remodel is one, and hiring Petersen is another.

An easily forgotten accomplishment is that he didn't fight to keep Sark. At the very least, he didn't fight very hard, which means he knew he could find someone equal or better. It takes some self-awareness and a realistic attitude to make the right decision there, and I'm thankful that he appears to have done that.

Like I said back in early November this upcoming offseason would determine if he was Scott Woodward or Pool Boy.

Granted some luck was involved but as is the case in coaching hires you need a little luck.

Immediately I applauded Woodward for not acting like most idiot doogs who were freaking out about letting Sark go away.

Woodward then got a much better coaching hire only 4 days later. I think Woodward proved with that week alone he is the best AD since Mike Lude(not exactly saying much I know).

* I know some smart ass(boobs) will bring up Hedges and although she hired a Rose Bowl winning coach she was basically a puppet who did what Tyee's told her to do.
  • Options
    LawDawg1 said:

topdawgnc said:

LawDawg1 said:

Dardanus said:

Source?

What a change from two months ago when UW was being ran by a frat guy at head coach and a pool boy at AD.

Now UW has adults at AD and Head Coach. I don't know what happened to Woodward from "incremental progress" to that but damn I'm even more fired up!

Those were some great fucking quotes!
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You guys have no idea what you're talking about. Bleenor reported the day of the apple cup that poolboy had an extension on sark's desk.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AAAAAANNNDDDYYY is a sanctimonious piece of shit who needs to get nut punched and then DIAFF.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Dardanus said:

When listing Woody's greatest accomplishments as AD, it's obvious that overseeing the stadium remodel is one, and hiring Petersen is another.

An easily forgotten accomplishment is that he didn't fight to keep Sark. At the very least, he didn't fight very hard, which means he knew he could find someone equal or better. It takes some self-awareness and a realistic attitude to make the right decision there, and I'm thankful that he appears to have done that.

Like I said back in early November this upcoming offseason would determine if he was Scott Woodward or Pool Boy.

Granted some luck was involved but as is the case in coaching hires you need a little luck.

Immediately I applauded Woodward for not acting like most idiot doogs who were freaking out about letting Sark go away.

Woodward then got a much better coaching hire only 4 days later. I think Woodward proved with that week alone he is the best AD since Mike Lude(not exactly saying much I know).

* I know some smart ass(boobs) will bring up Hedges and although she hired a Rose Bowl winning coach she was basically a puppet who did what Tyee's told her to do.
    Hedges gets credit for firing Lambo and hiring Rick, but her mistakes outweigh her successes by a good bit. Even if we throw out everything that happened in 92 as a rookie with no clout, firing her baby daddy in June was inexcusable. Woodward has his massive warts, too, but the combo of hiring Petersen and getting the Stadium done trumps anything Babs can offer.

Woody >> Babs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tawdy

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But why was Todd Turner a bad AD?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We're lucky we even have AAndy to mock here.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

You cock-eaters REALLY go too far. I read your posts to friends of mine in Portland and they think you are disgusting pigs and not very nice. ....I AGREE.

I told them you are huskie fans and that makes you assholes by association and, hence, can't help yourselves. The lot of you need to get your minds out of the gutter. I am sick and tired of making excuses for you. Fuck

There may be truth in what you say about Huskyfans. However, unlike rival fans we mostly try to ignore, Huskyfans don't hang around as a mob sniffing our own assholes at the same time.