Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark's Toughness

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited April 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
There is an idiotic thread on dawgman about Sark actually being a tough guy. Some of the reasons why he is tough are, "He rips into players who are not performing behind closed doors (What college coach doesn't?), anyone who saw BYU play UW in 96 knows he is tough because he got sacked again and again, but picked himself up every time. A few posters actually wonder why anyone would think Sark's program lacked discipline and toughness. Hey dumbass, maybe because we have been a soft, finesse team all 4 years under Sark and were one of the most penalized teams in the country? Did you ever consider that? Those were probably the dumbest reasons, but there are many more in the thread. I would recommend reading it to get a laugh if you can.

How fucking stupid are these guys? It is almost as dumb as the fans who go on and on about a coach's personality (Chip Kelly is an ass, Harbaugh is a dick, etc). When we talk about toughness, it is not about whether the coach is a bad ass or not, it is about the team playing with toughness and discipline. Nick Holt seems like a tough guy, but his defenses were Charmin soft. Wilcox doesn't look like a tough guy, but his defense sure played a lot tougher than Holt's. Ed Orgeron is as tough as they come, but his Ole Miss teams sucked, were not tough, and had little to no discipline. I just shake my head at these idiots. The UW fanbase is almost as bad as the ones running the program.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    4th quarter of the apple cup is all we need to know right now.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,709
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That's just silly
  • section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam

4th quarter of the apple cup is all we need to know right now.

It was part of what we need to know, the other part was the entire Boise St. game. I hope Pool Boy likes shiny new 1/2 full stadiums cause thats whats gonna happen after the drop the opener to Boise.

• ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Some of you guys really need to move forward. Last year is last year. You don't know what is going on at practice. Time was needed to build a program. The pieces are now in place to compete in 13 and 14. This team will be very good if it gets good QB play.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Some of you guys really need to move forward. Last year is last year. You don't know what is going on at practice. Time was needed to build a program. The pieces are now in place to compete in 13 and 14. This team will be very good if it gets good QB play.

Baring injury?

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    Founders Club
    Sark needed to change the culture after Ty left and he did just that in 2009.....and again in 2010, 2011 and 2012.

2013 will be special ;)
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    QB play should never be an issue over under the close watch of QB genius Steve Sarkisian.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I'm 81% sure you guys don't know what you're talking about.

• Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    There is not one shred of toughness in coach Cream Puff.

After 4 soft ass years, there's little doubt.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sark simply does not understand what playing physical means. He knows it is good in the abstract but he can't really say what it is. He doesn't understand the idea of playing hard, hitting hard, running up the middle, etc. He understands flag football, 1000 passes, fancy tricks, etc.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

There is an idiotic thread on dawgman about Sark actually being a tough guy. Some of the reasons why he is tough are, "He rips into players who are not performing behind closed doors (What college coach doesn't?), anyone who saw BYU play UW in 96 knows he is tough because he got sacked again and again, but picked himself up every time. A few posters actually wonder why anyone would think Sark's program lacked discipline and toughness. Hey dumbass, maybe because we have been a soft, finesse team all 4 years under Sark and were one of the most penalized teams in the country? Did you ever consider that? Those were probably the dumbest reasons, but there are many more in the thread. I would recommend reading it to get a laugh if you can.

How fucking stupid are these guys? It is almost as dumb as the fans who go on and on about a coach's personality (Chip Kelly is an ass, Harbaugh is a dick, etc). When we talk about toughness, it is not about whether the coach is a bad ass or not, it is about the team playing with toughness and discipline. Nick Holt seems like a tough guy, but his defenses were Charmin soft. Wilcox doesn't look like a tough guy, but his defense sure played a lot tougher than Holt's. Ed Orgeron is as tough as they come, but his Ole Miss teams sucked, were not tough, and had little to no discipline. I just shake my head at these idiots. The UW fanbase is almost as bad as the ones running the program.

@JoeEDangerously
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

i popped in the tapes, your eyes are as good as mine:

• JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

@JoeEDangerously
    TUFFest UDUB corch of my lifetim
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I can vouch for the toughness of Sark…if you’ve ever coached a practice or game with a crushing hangover, you know…

I once had to run to the shitter during a little league game I was coaching with hangover pukes. It felt pretty Sark-like but I didn't realize til now how tough that made me.
    Yeah, but.....did you win the game?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

chuck said:

Fishpo31 said:

I can vouch for the toughness of Sark…if you’ve ever coached a practice or game with a crushing hangover, you know…

I once had to run to the shitter during a little league game I was coaching with hangover pukes. It felt pretty Sark-like but I didn't realize til now how tough that made me.
    Yeah, but.....did you win the game?
    All that mattered is that everyone got PGOS and a juice box.

Yes though. Total domination.

• SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Anotha drag from the past…

I’m out..
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    The sooner you dickheads realize sark was the pinnacle the better