Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Things I hear that will happen if the GOP gets another Supreme Court seat

2»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,560 Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Women will be forced into back alleys for their healthcare and millions of minorities will lose their voting rights. Sounds grim.

That is literally what will happen. Why aren't you celebrating?

I've seen her guest star in multiple shows. She's probably the hottest cougar on television.

She ain't ugly.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

Women will be forced into back alleys for their healthcare and millions of minorities will lose their voting rights. Sounds grim.

Did you know that around 7 states had already legalized abortion before Roe v Wade? You really think the patriarchy is going to get rid of the way they get rid of unwanted fetus matter?

Stop pretending there is a right to privacy that is ignored for anything other than abortion and have abortion legalized by congress or the states and we can all stop pretending this matters at the court. It doesn't. 50 years on both parties rake in the fundraising cash on abortion

You guys panic like little girls at every opening and the GOP nominates another Roberts.
    What could be more likely is limiting, if not abolishing public funding of abortions; and more likely than that, religious institutions being guaranteed the right to object to perform them, though I don't know how many people go those sorts of places to request abortions. This Barrett has said some whacky things, but overturning Roe v. Wade isn't one of them.
    I don't think public funding is allowed now

And I wouldn't go to a church for an abortion
    It is at the state level, yours and mine are two states on that list.
    So not a federal issue

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

Did you know that around 7 states had already legalized abortion before Roe v Wade? You really think the patriarchy is going to get rid of the way they get rid of unwanted fetus matter?

Stop pretending there is a right to privacy that is ignored for anything other than abortion and have abortion legalized by congress or the states and we can all stop pretending this matters at the court. It doesn't. 50 years on both parties rake in the fundraising cash on abortion

You guys panic like little girls at every opening and the GOP nominates another Roberts.
    What could be more likely is limiting, if not abolishing public funding of abortions; and more likely than that, religious institutions being guaranteed the right to object to perform them, though I don't know how many people go those sorts of places to request abortions. This Barrett has said some whacky things, but overturning Roe v. Wade isn't one of them.
    I don't think public funding is allowed now

And I wouldn't go to a church for an abortion
    It is at the state level, yours and mine are two states on that list.
    So not a federal issue

Poonted that out but @incremetal_progress/ @MelloDawg bounced. Centrist!