Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Things I hear that will happen if the GOP gets another Supreme Court seat

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
Women will be forced into back alleys for their healthcare and millions of minorities will lose their voting rights. Sounds grim.

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

The good news is that minorities get to keep their guns

And lose their right to vote and access to healthcare in the middle of a pandemic.
    Just read that women are going to lose their reproductive rights if Trump gets another SC pick.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    Can the republic survive another right wing ideologue like Roberts?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Can the republic survive another right wing ideologue like Roberts?

The good news is that if Barrett gets in I am pretty sure is actually a for real Constitutionalist, and not an activist hiding in someone else's clothing like that loser Roberts.
  • SFGbob said:

Women will be forced into back alleys for their healthcare and millions of minorities will lose their voting rights. Sounds grim.

That is literally what will happen. Why aren't you celebrating?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

SFGbob said:

Go have your case of the vapors in private. TIA

SFGbob said:

If you really believe that seek help. Even if Roe is overturned, which it won't be although it should be because it's Constitutionally an abomination, abortion will still be legal in all but a handful of states. And nobody is losing their voting rights. Go lay down before you hurt yourself.

You're aware that these very same arguments have been made for every GOP appointed Justice since Reagan.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,526 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2020

SFGbob said:

Did you know that around 7 states had already legalized abortion before Roe v Wade? You really think the patriarchy is going to get rid of the way they get rid of unwanted fetus matter?

Stop pretending there is a right to privacy that is ignored for anything other than abortion and have abortion legalized by congress or the states and we can all stop pretending this matters at the court. It doesn't. 50 years on both parties rake in the fundraising cash on abortion

You guys panic like little girls at every opening and the GOP nominates another Roberts.
    What could be more likely is limiting, if not abolishing public funding of abortions; and more likely than that, religious institutions being guaranteed the right to object to perform them, though I don't know how many people go those sorts of places to request abortions. This Barrett has said some whacky things, but overturning Roe v. Wade isn't one of them.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

How are you?

Fine.

So, you're fine then

Are you fucking retarded?

Do you want me to be fucking retarded?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

Did you know that around 7 states had already legalized abortion before Roe v Wade? You really think the patriarchy is going to get rid of the way they get rid of unwanted fetus matter?

Stop pretending there is a right to privacy that is ignored for anything other than abortion and have abortion legalized by congress or the states and we can all stop pretending this matters at the court. It doesn't. 50 years on both parties rake in the fundraising cash on abortion

You guys panic like little girls at every opening and the GOP nominates another Roberts.
    What could be more likely is limiting, if not abolishing public funding of abortions; and more likely than that, religious institutions being guaranteed the right to object to perform them, though I don't know how many people go those sorts of places to request abortions. This Barrett has said some whacky things, but overturning Roe v. Wade isn't one of them.
    I don't think public funding is allowed now

And I wouldn't go to a church for an abortion
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

How are you?

Fine.

So, you're fine then

Are you fucking retarded?

Do you want me to be fucking retarded?
    That was in response to your @incremetal_progress burner account. You forgot to switch accounts. Ha

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

It is at the state level, yours and mine are two states on that list.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

SFGbob said:

I've seen her guest star in multiple shows. She's probably the hottest cougar on television.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

It is at the state level, yours and mine are two states on that list.
    Yes, that’s the point. Tossing Roe puts it back in the jurisdiction as states, as it should be. The same people who claiming it’s a clump of cells also go for double-murder when a pregnant woman is killed. How do you reconcile that, @incremetal_progress?
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

What are some of the "whacky things" she has said?