Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Katie Nolan goes private on Twitter amid exchange with Jason Whitlock

13»

Comments

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Katie Nolan is an idiot, regardless of Whitlock's point. This is true of most women commentators in sports. They're hired to give people sweatpant boners.

No need to single out women. A vast majority of sports reporters, "journalists", and personalities are complete idiots. Only a fraction understand the finer points of a given sport and are able to provide insight, the rest are just baboons competing for attention.

Which is why Whitlock's singling out of Nolan is so bizarre. Maybe she doesn't have much "talent". But given the parade of morons we see on FS1 and ESPN, all the way down to our local outlets, I'm not sure talent has ever been part of the equation.
    She gets over $1 million a year and only has a weekly half-hour show after midnight on Thursday along with appearances on panel shows where the male hosts make much less money mixed in at times.

John Skipper must have been on an epic coke binge when he signed that contract. A total waste of money, but good for her. She needs to wear more tank-tops with her tits bobbling out IMO to broaden her audience, but that’s just me.
  • Options

Katie Nolan is an idiot, regardless of Whitlock's point. This is true of most women commentators in sports. They're hired to give people sweatpant boners.

No need to single out women. A vast majority of sports reporters, "journalists", and personalities are complete idiots. Only a fraction understand the finer points of a given sport and are able to provide insight, the rest are just baboons competing for attention.

Which is why Whitlock's singling out of Nolan is so bizarre. Maybe she doesn't have much "talent". But given the parade of morons we see on FS1 and ESPN, all the way down to our local outlets, I'm not sure talent has ever been part of the equation.
    I hate to use this, but it’s the definition of punching down. Why single her out? TV is about viewers and I’m assuming she gets some and that people enjoy her show. Yeah, there is a lot of luck with her getting the gigs, but she didn’t do anything wrong to deserve being singled out, at least to my knowledge.
    She's the epitome of getting something with no talent but good looks. I saw her show once and she's a loud try hard who desperately tries to be one of the guys. Everything he says is correct.

We all know hot chicks like Sam Ponder host NFL Dead because they're hot, but they at least are trained, maybe went to ASU or a broadcasting skool, and can smile and hold it down. She's just a loud, obnoxious hack yet all the liberal cucks in the media act like she's the second cumming.
    And Colin Cowherd and Stephen A. Smith got their jobs because they're brilliant observers of sports with unmatched wit?
    They got their jobs because they worked shitty ground-level jobs at local TV and radio for years and proved over time they could grow and hold a large audience.

I remember when Colin was the NBC local sports guy on TV who had a lunch-time radio gig on The Fan with Kenny Fucking Vance for the noontime drive in Portland. Comparing Nolan to them is quite the stretch.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Skip wrote for a good Dallas paper since the 80s. Screaming A Smith can make valid points. I liked that shtick in 2007 but it's past old.

Katie got hired because she's pretty and has huge tits. All the woke fags think it's great a woman has a show and won't ever criticize her because it's great to have more women and tranny freaks in sports.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    She has the girl next door thing down, but wow - I just looked up her Live Photo’s. She knows what she is selling.

Had no clue - maybe because I was blurring our everything else.

She has zero business hosting a show. Not evening co-hosting.

Joy Taylor OTH could hold her own.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I hate to use this, but it’s the definition of punching down. Why single her out? TV is about viewers and I’m assuming she gets some and that people enjoy her show. Yeah, there is a lot of luck with her getting the gigs, but she didn’t do anything wrong to deserve being singled out, at least to my knowledge.
    She's the epitome of getting something with no talent but good looks. I saw her show once and she's a loud try hard who desperately tries to be one of the guys. Everything he says is correct.

We all know hot chicks like Sam Ponder host NFL Dead because they're hot, but they at least are trained, maybe went to ASU or a broadcasting skool, and can smile and hold it down. She's just a loud, obnoxious hack yet all the liberal cucks in the media act like she's the second cumming.
    And Colin Cowherd and Stephen A. Smith got their jobs because they're brilliant observers of sports with unmatched wit?
    They got their jobs because they worked shitty ground-level jobs at local TV and radio for years and proved over time they could grow and hold a large audience.

I remember when Colin was the NBC local sports guy on TV who had a lunch-time radio gig on The Fan with Kenny Fucking Vance for the noontime drive in Portland. Comparing Nolan to them is quite the stretch.
    Fair enough, they came up during an age where you still had to climb the ladder and a podcast or blog couldn't fast track you to celebrity status.

But nonetheless, SAS and Cowherd aren't "talented", whatever that looks like in the sports media context. They get massive contracts because they generate massive viewership. I don't draw a distinction on whether or not their viewership is based off of loud hot takes or hot tits. It's all the same low brow pandering.
  • Options

Fair enough, they came up during an age where you still had to climb the ladder and a podcast or blog couldn't fast track you to celebrity status.

But nonetheless, SAS and Cowherd aren't "talented", whatever that looks like in the sports media context. They get massive contracts because they generate massive viewership. I don't draw a distinction on whether or not their viewership is based off of loud hot takes or hot tits. It's all the same low brow pandering.
    The difference is Colin’s and Smith’s hot takes generate viewers and advertisers while Nolan’s tits aren’t generating either. You don’t think it’s a “talent” to do what Cowherd and Smith do? I disagree. Nolan has never even had the audience that Artie Lange had on his sports show.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The difference is Colin’s and Smith’s hot takes generate viewers and advertisers while Nolan’s tits aren’t generating either. You don’t think it’s a “talent” to do what Cowherd and Smith do? I disagree. Nolan has never even had the audience that Artie Lange had on his sports show.
    Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'll watch the least talented woman on TV if she's hot and has great tits. Might even turn down the sound.

Who can ignore a delicious pair of God's greatest creations?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Dumb chicks with big tits > maddow and co
  • Options

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'll watch the least talented woman on TV if she's hot and has great tits. Might even turn down the sound.

Who can ignore a delicious pair of God's greatest creations?
    As I said earlier, if she’d wear more tank tops with her tits bursting out she’d have her own daily show an be worth the $1 million ESPN is paying her.