Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Katie Nolan goes private on Twitter amid exchange with Jason Whitlock

Comments

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,207 Swaye's Wigwam
    We will remember who said what at the end of this. Might even name names.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,926 Founders Club
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,525 Founders Club
    Karen Nolan is awful.

If there's such a thing as hot white bitch privileges, she's it.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I stand with Katie Nolan.
    Completely dumb move by Whitlock to go after her.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    Whitlock is right. No female that looks like him is getting on TV

Maria Taylor is gorgeous. I'm sure she doesn't want anyone to notice that so she dresses like a hooker. Personally I like that look

Let's not pretend reading scripts on the sideline of carefully controlled information makes you a reporter. It doesn't. The ass clowns in the booth could read it.

If you are eye candy then be the best eye candy you can be and get over yourself

Never even heard of Nolan.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    "Beauty, most especially in television, has a privilege that trumps virtually all other privileges. Beauty intoxicates TV executives, bloggers and journalists, and it masks a lack of accomplishment, qualifications and skill. Beauty transformed Katie Nolan from bartender to seven-figure personality, Emmy Award-winner and the darling of aroused bloggers and TV critics willing to ignore her pedestrian humor and inability to execute live television,” Whitlock wrote about Nolan.

I don't know shit about Nolan. But you'd have to be a dense motherfucker to not see why Whitlock is getting shredded for this. It's one thing to recognize the influence that beauty has in escalating people in society. It's another thing entirely to accuse someone else of having success entirely because of their looks.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,990
    Never heard of Katie Nolan.

California 5
    Washington 7
    Oregon 8

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited September 2020

"Beauty, most especially in television, has a privilege that trumps virtually all other privileges. Beauty intoxicates TV executives, bloggers and journalists, and it masks a lack of accomplishment, qualifications and skill. Beauty transformed Katie Nolan from bartender to seven-figure personality, Emmy Award-winner and the darling of aroused bloggers and TV critics willing to ignore her pedestrian humor and inability to execute live television,” Whitlock wrote about Nolan.

I don't know shit about Nolan. But you'd have to be a dense motherfucker to not see why Whitlock is getting shredded for this. It's one thing to recognize the influence that beauty has in escalating people in society. It's another thing entirely to accuse someone else of having success entirely because of their looks.

I actually agree with @dnc and @GreenRiverGatorz here. Whitlock is absolutely correct. Nobody thinks for one minute all the hot Fox anchors or hot sideline chicks got there solely on ability. But, he could have made that point without singling anyone out. Just makes no sense to trash some woman for no apparent reason?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,158
    Katie Nolan is an idiot, regardless of Whitlock's point. This is true of most women commentators in sports. They're hired to give people sweatpant boners.
    Nolan is hot and fun and decently knowledgeable. She's far better than most women in sports media.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    Katie Nolan was pretty funny on her small time show with Fox. Haven't seen her on ESPN, but there is a reason she got the call up.

Her shtick is the girl next door who has always been "one of the guys" but then got hot later in life so now has a personality and looks.

The type of girl you fart on in 8th grade then ask to homecoming freshman year.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited September 2020
    Just went and looked at her. She's really cute, not hot. I give her a 6.5. 9 if I have a 6 pack down.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Swaye said:

Just went and looked at her. She's really cute, not hot. I give her a 6.5. 9 if I have a 6 pack down.

This. She’s like diet Danica Patrick who has a good face but built like a 12 year old boy.

Swaye said:

This. She’s like diet Danica Patrick who has a good face but built like a 12 year old boy.
    Dude she's much better looking than Danica fucking Patrick.