Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Play or Doomed? (Wilner)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I put this in the Tug because of Trump tweets, and because I wanted to be able to address that with Trump now pushing for this, it's going to be awfully hard for Newsom, Brown and Inslee, the trifecta of dumbfuckery, to not find some way to go against this.

I also did it because I can. Mod powers are awesome. So suck it. Losers.

I could cancel out your super mod powers if I wanted to. But I won't.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I put this in the Tug because of Trump tweets, and because I wanted to be able to address that with Trump now pushing for this, it's going to be awfully hard for Newsom, Brown and Inslee, the trifecta of dumbfuckery, to not find some way to go against this.

I also did it because I can. Mod powers are awesome. So suck it. Losers.

Gloves off?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,092
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

It just occurred to me that the Pac 12 is like that loser guy who’s the last of his group to get married. He tells everyone that he finally found the right girl or some other bullshit, but in reality he just no longer had any friends who’d go to the club with him to hit on chicks.

I thought what we had at the Duchess was special.
    That was you? It was dark in the ladies’ room.
    I haven't washed my sweatpants since.

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Great job, PAC. The best player in the conference is already sitting out the season, along with two other Ducks in Holland and Lenoir. This fucking Hoax.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,297
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

@CallMeBigErn is hearing that it's a good thing the PAC12 gave itself a one year death sentence.

Don't twist.

We're playing football this year. Take your screenshots.
    Sure, a meaningless exhibition season that helps solidify the irrelevance of the PAC12 while being net negative in revenue.

But it may, kind of, sort of, perhaps save one life since we are going to play but on a postponed schedule...
    It's going to be a season with an asterisk for every conference. It's going to be a shitshow. Why is the Big 10 suddenly given a pass?

Once Covid passes, this will all be water under the fridge. This is not the death sentence that y'all are making it out to be.
    Disagree. It won't be SMU bad, but sitting out the season while every other major conference plays will fuck us long-term.

The financial hit will take its own toll, but the knock to our reputation after a 6+ year period of the conference not even being remotely competitive on the national stage is going to be hard to overcome. We're further widening the gulf between us and the rest at the exact time we can't afford to.

College football has never been kind to those who can't keep up.
    Who says we're sitting out? We're playing football this season. LIPO.
    I would like y'all to kindly and gently lick my taint.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

@CallMeBigErn is hearing that it's a good thing the PAC12 gave itself a one year death sentence.

Don't twist.

Sure, a meaningless exhibition season that helps solidify the irrelevance of the PAC12 while being net negative in revenue.

But it may, kind of, sort of, perhaps save one life since we are going to play but on a postponed schedule...
    It's going to be a season with an asterisk for every conference. It's going to be a shitshow. Why is the Big 10 suddenly given a pass?

Once Covid passes, this will all be water under the fridge. This is not the death sentence that y'all are making it out to be.
    Disagree. It won't be SMU bad, but sitting out the season while every other major conference plays will fuck us long-term.

The financial hit will take its own toll, but the knock to our reputation after a 6+ year period of the conference not even being remotely competitive on the national stage is going to be hard to overcome. We're further widening the gulf between us and the rest at the exact time we can't afford to.

College football has never been kind to those who can't keep up.
    Who says we're sitting out? We're playing football this season. LIPO.
    I would like y'all to kindly and gently lick my taint.
    Let's get past the inevitable positive test then pop off

We're playing JV ball at best
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Well the title of the thread - Play or Doomed? - I think we? will play and we? are doomed

Abundance
    Waynotboth.gif
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Don't twist.

Ahem.