Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tim Kennedy on with Joe Rogan (Must listen / Must watch)

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2020

Doogles said:

Good episode. The circle game (the okay sign that dumb fucks think is a white power sign) is not a military game tho. Never played it where you got flicked in the dick either. It was a punch to the shoulder if you got caught looking.

Sometimes military guys think everything relates to the military. It’s a schoolyard game that has been around forever. We used to play it in Junior High. It was probably around long before that.

Malcom in the Middle

https://youtu.be/1glTOFPECNI
    This is the origin story

Finished the pood.... trigger warning for anyone that doesn’t like Texas, JRE is going to be insufferable at least until the pain of next summer.
    Man, even this was bitten by a writer that learned it from elsewhere. We need that 80 year old man to tell us where he learned it from and settle this.

Something about it did bug me that Kennedy acted like this was a military game. I know that I was in middle school before he was in the military and it had to have existed even before that. That Malcolm in the Middle episode was before he was in the military too.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,907 Swaye's Wigwam

What a gift Rogan is too. I will never become one that picks everything about him apart. I even feel guilty about saying he’s not a great comedian because by any real measure, he is. Just shows we all pick apart everyone in the internet age, even guys we love.

Fandom was always stupid. I can’t fathom liking something so much to spend hundreds on them like people do with certain musicians or sports with tickets, jerseys, etc, but Rogan would be right bear the top for me. He was podcasting before it was cool, put in years of putting out a quality show that was HIS show, and now he’s rewarded for it. The guy is a national treasure.

Agree completely. Is he Chappelle or Hedberg? No, but he’s funnier than most of the people doing it. He’s one of the few people out there having conversations with people from all along the political spectrum and being genuinely open to their points of view, while being completely open about his own leanings. He calls himself a liberal, but still has the balls to point out the fact that Biden is mentally compromised. He repeatedly jokes about how stupid he is, but from an emotional intelligence perspective, he’s a genius, and that’s why he’s so successful.

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    Joe Rogan is the Oprah of present day America
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Joe Rogan is the Oprah of present day America

And
    Rogan : Austin :: Oprah : Maui
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    Everyone in Austin has to be losing their shit. They already hate everyone from California.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam

What a gift Rogan is too. I will never become one that picks everything about him apart. I even feel guilty about saying he’s not a great comedian because by any real measure, he is. Just shows we all pick apart everyone in the internet age, even guys we love.

Fandom was always stupid. I can’t fathom liking something so much to spend hundreds on them like people do with certain musicians or sports with tickets, jerseys, etc, but Rogan would be right bear the top for me. He was podcasting before it was cool, put in years of putting out a quality show that was HIS show, and now he’s rewarded for it. The guy is a national treasure.

yeah, sorry not sorry, not going to get on knees for one of the people that advocated stupid liberal California politics and then abandoned ship on the statism he helped create.

I like Joe but in my eyes it's pretty unforgivable that he didn't take a hard look in the mirror at that point and instead just packed it in and moved to help make Texas the next blue state.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Watched the middle portion on America policing (or not) the world.

Tim Kennedy sounds a lot how my dad sounded in the early 2000s. I agree, you can go into other countries and limit the ability for extremist groups to operate on US soil is a bad one, I just think it ignores the fact that Americans do not have the cultural unity, stomach, or follow through to actually achieve the goal.

My impression and personal belief on the current "isolationist" wave on the right is people mostly just don't want to be in countries that obviously dont want us there and many of the stable Euro countries that are difficult to work with should pay us or provide for their own security. The state department policy of being embedded in the military-political complexities of every shithole country is stale and should be moved away from.

I think there are places that could be mutually beneficial to both the host country and US to set up long term colonial zones similar to Hong Kong, secured via the US military and operated via US companies, but no one is going to go down that path without getting called a fascist imperialist... so best to just leave.

I dont think people really have an issue with building a few wells and schools in remote Botswana. China is already doing that all over the place in Africa, used a really nice state of the art airport in Zimbabwe built by the Chinese recently, it was completely empty.

(The new set design is fucking garbage.)

yeah, sorry not sorry, not going to get on knees for one of the people that advocated stupid liberal California politics and then abandoned ship on the statism he helped create.

I like Joe but in my eyes it's pretty unforgivable that he didn't take a hard look in the mirror at that point and instead just packed it in and moved to help make Texas the next blue state.
    So you don’t like him for one thing he did or an opinion you don’t agree with? Not even sure what you’re talking about, is this a Bernie reference? The guys puts out four podcasts a week that are three hours long, with no bits, just conversation. He has an open mind towards everything. I don’t get what’s not to like?
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,019 Standard Supporter
    My understanding is Rogan would vote for Biden if he wasn't senile. Has Rogan said he was voting for Trump? Anyone considering voting for Bidden has a lot more than one thing I disagree with. Outside of being owned by the chicoms, supporting open borders, gun confiscation at worst and banning most new gun sales at best, being a green gaia religionists, supporting BLM, wants us much more involved in Syria, etc. Biden has what policies that Rogan likes?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Houhusky said:

So you don’t like him for one thing he did or an opinion you don’t agree with? Not even sure what you’re talking about, is this a Bernie reference? The guys puts out four podcasts a week that are three hours long, with no bits, just conversation. He has an open mind towards everything. I don’t get what’s not to like?
    People dont like it if you endorse ideas, leave the place enacting a lot of your ideas because its turning to shit, and then keep those same ideas.

Has he said why he left?

To avoid California income tax on the 100 million dollar deal or something? Seems a bit hypocritical for a guy that has said how much he likes Bernie and Tulsi type candidates.
    That is hypocritical of Rogan if that’s the case. I don’t know what his current political views are, but he wouldn’t be the first liberal who is OK with other people paying taxes, but all of sudden become fiscally conservative when it comes to their *own* money.
    I don't listen to every minute of every episode. I haven't heard him bitch much about taxes.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited September 2020

Houhusky said:

People dont like it if you endorse ideas, leave the place enacting a lot of your ideas because its turning to shit, and then keep those same ideas.

Has he said why he left?

To avoid California income tax on the 100 million dollar deal or something? Seems a bit hypocritical for a guy that has said how much he likes Bernie and Tulsi type candidates.
    That is hypocritical of Rogan if that’s the case. I don’t know what his current political views are, but he wouldn’t be the first liberal who is OK with other people paying taxes, but all of sudden become fiscally conservative when it comes to their *own* money.
    I don't listen to every minute of every episode. I haven't heard him bitch much about taxes.
    Here is a clip from August, mentions "crazy taxes" in California.

FF to 50 secs

https://youtu.be/9VRmsQl_lSg?t=38
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Houhusky said:

Has he said why he left?

Maybe he just is tired of California and realized he doesn’t have to live there? These guys all loved the Comedy Store. That is shut down.

Him agreeing with Bernie points doesn’t mean that is who he is. He has tons of episodes. I don’t give a fuck who he votes for. This shit is the same problem as people who want to cancel everything. Either enjoy the show or don’t.
    Either pay California's top 10% state income tax rate or don't!
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,019 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020
    Baseman said:

Houhusky said:

Has he said why he left?

Maybe he just is tired of California and realized he doesn’t have to live there? These guys all loved the Comedy Store. That is shut down.

Him agreeing with Bernie points doesn’t mean that is who he is. He has tons of episodes. I don’t give a fuck who he votes for. This shit is the same problem as people who want to cancel everything. Either enjoy the show or don’t.
    Cali top income tax rate is 13.3% and is now not tax deductible on your federal return. Al Gore sold out to Al Jazeera and George Lucas sold out to Disney just before the federal capital gains rate jumped. All phucking hypocrites.
    Baseman said:

Houhusky said:

Has he said why he left?

He chose not to! Fuck him for that! We want everyone kneeling down and paying the Cali tax even tho the one thing he’s in Cali for is shut down.