Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

CHIEFS FANS SMART TO BOO, TEXANS AND DOLPHINS SMART TO DISAVOW ‘EMPTY’ BLM GESTURES

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    Could someone please identify the racial injustice we're supposed to be fighting against here?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,563 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Could someone please identify the racial injustice we're supposed to be fighting against here?

I'll wait until @LeBronHuntedLikeADawg weighs in.

I'm serious, where is this horrible race based discrimination that black people are being subjected to in this country? What are we supposed to be uniting against? Because I don't see any systemic racism directed at black people. I see employment and educational opportunities given to blacks in both public and private that discriminate against Asians and whites.

What are NFL players uniting against?

SFGbob said:

I'm serious, where is this horrible race based discrimination that black people are being subjected to in this country? What are we supposed to be uniting against? Because I don't see any systemic racism directed at black people. I see employment and educational opportunities given to blacks in both public and private that discriminate against Asians and whites.

They’ve been given power and their extreme level of narcissism is craving more power. No one wants to be labeled a racist so nothing will ever be said about it. None of this is going to unite anyone. Karen Herbstriet can cry like a little cunt all he wants.
    What's so fucked is how we can't even really talk about the real problems in the black community and they don't have shit to do with the cops.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    edited September 2020
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

They’ve been given power and their extreme level of narcissism is craving more power. No one wants to be labeled a racist so nothing will ever be said about it. None of this is going to unite anyone. Karen Herbstriet can cry like a little cunt all he wants.
    What's so fucked is how we can't even really talk about the real problems in the black community and they don't have shit to do with the cops.
    I agree with this and managed to get my two college-aged kids, and a boyfriend, to think a little more clearly about this.

I argued that, of course the cops are going to profile people who have a propensity to do certain things over and over again. It's not fair or ideal, of course, when that happens to affect an innocent person, but it's hardly shocking. We all profile people everyday.

The critical question is, of course, what is driving the overwhelming % of black male crime in this country? I challenged them and we got into some good and heated debates, which is healthy. I didn't raise no wallflowers. I said, "if you REALLY care about the black community, you will put your sociology hats on and try to figure out what is driving that number. Honestly try and and get in there and figure it out." I cited fatherless homes, etc. To their credit, they listened and tried to come up with answers. Some of the slavery stuff came in, and while I indicated I disagreed with that, it was at least an attempt by kids in their 20s to acknowledge the problem and take a stab at looking for a cause other than rhetoric about "the white man" and "priviledge" and all that other useless sloganeering.

But you're right. You really can't talk about it critically w/o running the risk of being labeled a racist, which is just fs.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I agree with this and managed to get my two college-aged kids, and a boyfriend, to think a little more clearly about this.

I argued that, of course the cops are going to profile people who have a propensity to do certain things over and over again. It's not fair or ideal, of course, when that happens to affect an innocent person, but it's hardly shocking. We all profile people everyday.

The critical question is, of course, what is driving the overwhelming % of black male crime in this country? I challenged them and we got into some good and heated debates, which is healthy. I didn't raise no wallflowers. I said, "if you REALLY care about the black community, you will put your sociology hats on and try to figure out what is driving that number. Honestly try and and get in there and figure it out." I cited fatherless homes, etc. To their credit, they listened and tried to come up with answers. Some of the slavery stuff came in, and while I indicated I disagreed with that, it was at least an attempt by kids in their 20s to acknowledge the problem and take a stab at looking for a cause other than rhetoric about "the white man" and "priviledge" and all that other useless sloganeering.

But you're right. You really can't talk about it critically w/o running the risk of being labeled a racist, which is just fs.

What if I don't?
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020
    socio-economic shackles on the poor? get rid of the wealthy tenement/ghetto landlord that makes his money off the poors, and those shackles will be cut off.

But then the city council/county councils/zoning officials/editors/media moguls would lose their cuts of the money. The media only bring up blacks because the poor whites and latinos won't develop the guilt us whiteys need to riot in the streets.

@obk might be on to something...

yes I had to edit this twice
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,019 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

It's like getting a leftard to define black for AA purposes.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    SFGbob said:

The fact that you question this not only demonstrates your own racism but also just how far we still have to go as a country and how correct I am.

I couldn't be bothered to explain it to the likes of you. SMH.

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

What if I don't?
    Then you can just sit tight or fill your tim doing something else. How bow da Ese?

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

What was your boyfriend's name?
    I was waiting for that.
    LebamDawg said:

socio-economic shackles on the poor? get rid of the wealthy tenement/ghetto landlord that makes his money off the poors, and those shackles will be cut off.

But then the city council/county councils/zoning officials/editors/media moguls would lose their cuts of the money. The media only bring up blacks because the poor whites and latinos won't develop the guilt us whiteys need to riot in the streets.

A couple of points of minor disagreements:

1. wealthy tenement/ghetto landlord? what is that, and why do we need to get rid of it? it would seem to me that private sector housing for the poor exists because there is a demand for it. Eliminating that option through government intervention is about as useful as eliminating McDonald's jobs by insisting they pay $17 / hour.

2. OBK is never on to anything. This is the same dipshit who was having a nuclear meltdown over Oregon hiring Mario Cristobal. Look it up.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,118 Standard Supporter
    Play the game! Talk shit on your own time!
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

LebamDawg said:

A couple of points of minor disagreements:

1. wealthy tenement/ghetto landlord? what is that, and why do we need to get rid of it? it would seem to me that private sector housing for the poor exists because there is a demand for it. Eliminating that option through government intervention is about as useful as eliminating McDonald's jobs by insisting they pay $17 / hour.

2. OBK is never on to anything. This is the same dipshit who was having a nuclear meltdown over Oregon hiring Mario Cristobal. Look it up.
    People talk about government rent caps and land use intervention like San Francisco or New York dont already exist and already have some of the highest rent for the worst quality in the world.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I disagree in saying blacks and cops have no problems, because they do. But 95% of the problems in the black community have to do with fatherless homes and things of that nature. And you're right that our American culture is too immature or neurotic to talk about real problems.
    It's a bit circular, but the argument goes that the reason for the problem with the cops is a direct function of the problems in the black community which you cite.

We are all going to profile. And the more exposure we have at a given moment to physical harm, we are goign to profile like a motherfucker. That's just the way it is.

I was stuck in Atlanta doing M&A work for a few weeks way back when, and during a break I looked out the window of the high rise I was in and decided I was going for a walk to see the CNN building center. I started walking over there and realized that (at least at that time) downtown Atlanta changes quickly depending on which route you take to get from point A to point B. The dudes who started to appear everywhere I went looked a certain way. I profiled them, picked up my pace and got my ass out of there. I did this based entirely on their appearance and observable behavior, and where I found myself. Had they been dressed like Mormon missionaries, I would have made a different decision.

If you're a cop, you're going to do this.
    I had a very similar experience in Atlanta. Took a wrong turn out of the MARTA stop from the airport. I don't think I ever got more than a couple blocks off central Peachtree, but it most definitely not Peachtree. I tapped out & called cab very quickly.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,118 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2020

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I disagree in saying blacks and cops have no problems, because they do. But 95% of the problems in the black community have to do with fatherless homes and things of that nature. And you're right that our American culture is too immature or neurotic to talk about real problems.
    It's a bit circular, but the argument goes that the reason for the problem with the cops is a direct function of the problems in the black community which you cite.

We are all going to profile. And the more exposure we have at a given moment to physical harm, we are goign to profile like a motherfucker. That's just the way it is.

I was stuck in Atlanta doing M&A work for a few weeks way back when, and during a break I looked out the window of the high rise I was in and decided I was going for a walk to see the CNN building center. I started walking over there and realized that (at least at that time) downtown Atlanta changes quickly depending on which route you take to get from point A to point B. The dudes who started to appear everywhere I went looked a certain way. I profiled them, picked up my pace and got my ass out of there. I did this based entirely on their appearance and observable behavior, and where I found myself. Had they been dressed like Mormon missionaries, I would have made a different decision.

If you're a cop, you're going to do this.
    If the police radio has a certain description for say 81% of armed robberies you'll probably spend 81% of your time on people that fit the description. I think they call this common sense. A very rare gift today.