Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

last rant (inslee)

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He’s debating tonight from a separate room.

Culp should demand an observer.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Why is he wearing an obviously photoshopped mask in his bio picture? It looks like a grade-schooler did it.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I forgot it was on.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2020
    doogie said:

I forgot it was on.

I watched about two mins then pounded off to noem

The leftist moderator was still ten times better than that faggot wallace
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Listened to it on the radio. Inslee likes to spout subjective evidence as facts, such as "my policies saved lives." Well please point out to me whose life your policy actually saved? Inslee was caught in a blatant lie about CHOP / CHAZ, and after Inslee was talking about the importance of saving lives re covid, Culp really should have brought up that Inslee's inaction, along with Seattle pols, resulted in the loss of at least three lives. Lost opportunity for a debate that probably multiple people skipped. Culp did get Inslee on one thing. Inslee referred to people attending Culp's rally's as Trumpians, in a condescending manner. Culp equated the term to Hillary's deplorables comment, and that Inslee is supposed to represent all citizens regardless of ideologies.

We've lost to the leftists. It's over. Join the government and be content that these idiots will be first against the wall
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,092
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Holy Shit. Culp mentioned that Inslee hired a consulting firm for 165k a week to help craft a tool to help in reopening the state. When I heard it I thought that sounded outlandish, but, it wasn't:

https://www.nwpb.org/2020/08/10/165000-a-week-for-covid-analysis-thats-how-much-washington-state-has-paid-a-consulting-firm/?fbclid=IwAR1HOVECZWOm3lWTQ2oBmFXGer1EdHQM8sb2l-4m5bD9XDSCMvSI5hP0dDM

In early June, as Gov. Jay Inslee was overseeing a phased reopening of the state, his budget office signed a contract with the elite international consulting firm McKinsey & Company to provide access to a “Governor’s Decision Support Tool.” That tool was meant to aid Inslee’s decision-making as he gradually unlocked the economy.

But access to McKinsey’s customized COVID-19 risk tool didn’t come cheap. Under the contract, the state initially agreed to pay for eight weeks of access to McKinsey’s services and proprietary data sets. The cost to taxpayers: $165,000 per week. And that was McKinsey’s government discount rate.

“We recognize that that’s a lot of money, but this is a strange time and the governor needed that data and needed the information to help him make his decisions,” said Tara Lee, Inslee’s communications director.

The June agreement is one of three, six-figure-a-week, no-bid contracts the state of Washington has entered into with McKinsey – one of the largest consulting firms in the world — in the midst of the pandemic, according to a review by the public radio Northwest News Network and The Seattle Times. The nature and price of the contracts has raised questions about whether there were better, more cost effective ways to spend that money.

And for $165K per week they got a dashboard that an 8th grader could have created?
    Later in the article it notes Microsoft created the dashboard for free. Apparently they created a dashboard for inslee to make decisions about counties and phases, that seem to have disappeared.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,989
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Holy Shit. Culp mentioned that Inslee hired a consulting firm for 165k a week to help craft a tool to help in reopening the state. When I heard it I thought that sounded outlandish, but, it wasn't:

https://www.nwpb.org/2020/08/10/165000-a-week-for-covid-analysis-thats-how-much-washington-state-has-paid-a-consulting-firm/?fbclid=IwAR1HOVECZWOm3lWTQ2oBmFXGer1EdHQM8sb2l-4m5bD9XDSCMvSI5hP0dDM

In early June, as Gov. Jay Inslee was overseeing a phased reopening of the state, his budget office signed a contract with the elite international consulting firm McKinsey & Company to provide access to a “Governor’s Decision Support Tool.” That tool was meant to aid Inslee’s decision-making as he gradually unlocked the economy.

But access to McKinsey’s customized COVID-19 risk tool didn’t come cheap. Under the contract, the state initially agreed to pay for eight weeks of access to McKinsey’s services and proprietary data sets. The cost to taxpayers: $165,000 per week. And that was McKinsey’s government discount rate.

“We recognize that that’s a lot of money, but this is a strange time and the governor needed that data and needed the information to help him make his decisions,” said Tara Lee, Inslee’s communications director.

The June agreement is one of three, six-figure-a-week, no-bid contracts the state of Washington has entered into with McKinsey – one of the largest consulting firms in the world — in the midst of the pandemic, according to a review by the public radio Northwest News Network and The Seattle Times. The nature and price of the contracts has raised questions about whether there were better, more cost effective ways to spend that money.

And for $165K per week they got a dashboard that an 8th grader could have created?
    I slew said he had no idea what he was talking about.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    doogie said:

It wasn't all bad working for the consulting firm though. Good bennies.

Is that your first black guy?
    Dat @PurpleThrobber ass though.

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,141
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Listened to it on the radio. Inslee likes to spout subjective evidence as facts, such as "my policies saved lives." Well please point out to me whose life your policy actually saved? Inslee was caught in a blatant lie about CHOP / CHAZ, and after Inslee was talking about the importance of saving lives re covid, Culp really should have brought up that Inslee's inaction, along with Seattle pols, resulted in the loss of at least three lives. Lost opportunity for a debate that probably multiple people skipped. Culp did get Inslee on one thing. Inslee referred to people attending Culp's rally's as Trumpians, in a condescending manner. Culp equated the term to Hillary's deplorables comment, and that Inslee is supposed to represent all citizens regardless of ideologies.

Not sure that's a "gotcha moment" where Culp nailed Inslee, considering that probably quite a few who attend Culp's rallies are also Trump supporters. They should take it as a badge of honor. The centrist in me acknowledges that Culp did better than one might expect for a small town police chief. It was good for him to let people know he had a life before that.

Still though, we know how it'll end up.