Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Spotify deletes Alex Jones from Joe Rogan archives

2»

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,413 Founders Club

That episode is a classick

YouTube will probably delete it too. 😐

Last I checked Alex is still on overnights on Phx wing nut radio station.

In a parallel universe, I'm a smoother talker and am hosting an overnight talk radio show somewhere out in the Arizona desert.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2020

Bad look for Rogan.

Jones wasn’t the only guest Spotify deleted. Newsweek pointed out the list is rather large. Milo Yiannopoulos, CensoredTV’s Gavin McInnes, Chris D’Elia, Jordan Peterson’s daughter, Mikhaila Peterson, Louis Theroux, Owen Benjamin, and Joey Diaz were also left out.
    It’s not ideal but to pretend someone can get 100+ million and is gonna fight back against Joey Diaz and Chris D’Elia episodes being deleted is FS. Of course he’s going to just take the money and rightful so. He’s only put in over a decade of podcasts before he got corporate money.

Joe can bring them back next year if he doesn’t re-up with Spotify. Even if nothing changes, there are thousands of episodes to go back to if you wanna listen.

I like Rogan and he has a good show, but he’s the least funny famous comedian there is.
    For me, I don't think of Joe as a comedian, and I don't listen to the 'chodes with comedians. I don't find them funny or interesting.
    Props to him and he’s good at what he does, but he’s not very funny. When he has good comedians on it goes over his head. The Theo Von episode was the worst. Theo had a bit about a kid in Louisiana having a wooden shirt and Joe actually had Jamie look it up.

I’ve heard other people say the same thing as you but I enjoy some of the comedian episodes. Tim Dillon is great. Theo, D’Elia before he was cancelled, Joey Diaz.. There are some good ones.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,413 Founders Club

Bad look for Rogan.

Jones wasn’t the only guest Spotify deleted. Newsweek pointed out the list is rather large. Milo Yiannopoulos, CensoredTV’s Gavin McInnes, Chris D’Elia, Jordan Peterson’s daughter, Mikhaila Peterson, Louis Theroux, Owen Benjamin, and Joey Diaz were also left out.
    It’s not ideal but to pretend someone can get 100+ million and is gonna fight back against Joey Diaz and Chris D’Elia episodes being deleted is FS. Of course he’s going to just take the money and rightful so. He’s only put in over a decade of podcasts before he got corporate money.

Joe can bring them back next year if he doesn’t re-up with Spotify. Even if nothing changes, there are thousands of episodes to go back to if you wanna listen.

I like Rogan and he has a good show, but he’s the least funny famous comedian there is.
    For me, I don't think of Joe as a comedian, and I don't listen to the 'chodes with comedians. I don't find them funny or interesting.
    Props to him and he’s good at what he does, but he’s not very funny. When he has good comedians on it goes over his head. The Theo Von episode was the worst. Theo had a bit about a kid in Louisiana having a wooden shirt and Joe actually had Jamie look it up.

I’ve heard other people say the same thing as you but I enjoy some of the comedian episodes. Tim Dillon is great. Theo, D’Elia before he was cancelled, Joey Diaz.. There are some good ones.
    My favorite episodes have been guys like Henry Rollins, David Lee Roth, Jamie Foxx and Bryan Callen. And the first time he had Bridget Phetasy on, that was great.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964
    Agree with the 1984 analogy even if it was a private decision. But, JFC, Jones is actually schizophrenic. And, sadly, I estimate that no less than 60% of my Bobcat alumni believe every word that comes out of his pie hole.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,162

Has it been confirmed that Spotify did this, or is it possible that Rogan chose to?

Does it matter much?
    Well, the title of the thread says Spotify. I'd like to know who to direct my anger towards.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,162

Bad look for Rogan.

I went to the Chappelle / Rogan show at Tacoma Dome and Rogan brought the house down. Very funny set.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Has it been confirmed that Spotify did this, or is it possible that Rogan chose to?

Does it matter much?
    Well, the title of the thread says Spotify. I'd like to know who to direct my anger towards.
    No one. According to AJ hissef, it's an artifact of migration betwixt platforms.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Bad look for Rogan.

I went to the Chappelle / Rogan show at Tacoma Dome and Rogan brought the house down. Very funny set.
    I saw him once too and in person it was an above average set. Definitely high energy. When I’ve watched his specials on tv there weren’t many laughs, but only the elite comedians can kill on those. Comedy is way better in person.