Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Now Inslee Ducking Debates?

2»

Comments

• Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,803
    Tequilla said:

Take all the screenshots you need. I think he actually could lose.

First let's look at some recent results. Actually pretty close for the last 2 elections. I bet 9/10 folks don't even remember who he ran against in '16.

No one like Culp has run in a long time. Huge wildcard. Pandemic. Huge Wildcard. Demotivated democrats since Biden is running. Wildcard. Racial Justice issues and the state's handling of it. Another wildcard.

He's going to bring a lot of people out, as will Trump. People sick of the bullshit. Gonna be a squeaker.

The above tells me you can almost guarantee that a Republican candidate can get up to the 1.5M vote range.

Democratic totals seem dependent upon energy levels. 2016 seems high given Washington one of the first “Never Trump” states.

I think there are two main issues in 2020:

1) Does Biden excite enough, or Trump drive enough hate, to have people hit the ballot box

2) Has Inslee pissed off or fatigued enough people to get 100K people to change their vote?

I can see why Inslee doesn’t want to debate ... he’s not operating from a position of strength
    He also doesn't want to debate in person because he is staff run and needs a hidden channel to answer anything remotely challenging. The dude didn't even know about CHAZ (I'm sure he did, but ran scared) and when faced with someone of the least bit of opposition he'll fold like his wife's 4xl panties. (Huge and easily) He knows if he hides he'll get the 1.4 million idiots that blindly vote blue while their windows are boarded up from riots. My fear is the mail-in BS. All this 'you must mark republican/democrat' on your envelope BS is prime ripe for some fraud. If he loses, he won't leave and will recount just like they did in 2004.

Culp needs to lay low and then absolutely come out firing with them having no chance of changing the narrative in time. But hey, go ahead and vote blue, child sniffers.

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Come out firing? How? To whom?

75% of voters haven’t heard of Culp and know nothing about him
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    doogie said:

Eastern Washington will blindly vote Red

The reason that Inslee doesn’t want to debate is because it’s far easier to take away Culp’s platform

There may be some nut job in Culp ... but reading through his positions they come off as relatively common sense driven ... does anything Inslee says or does come off as common sense?

Also, I’d definitely recommend playing the card that Inslee has already had 8 years and that’s enough #TermLimits

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,526 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

doogie said:

The reason that Inslee doesn’t want to debate is because it’s far easier to take away Culp’s platform

There may be some nut job in Culp ... but reading through his positions they come off as relatively common sense driven ... does anything Inslee says or does come off as common sense?

Also, I’d definitely recommend playing the card that Inslee has already had 8 years and that’s enough #TermLimits

He’ll have to hammer home the message in Snohomish and Pierce Co. Don’t even spend time in King Co.
    and do the opposite?
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    edited September 2020
    LebamDawg said:

What else does Culp say about how to run a state? I am not a fan of Chinslee at all, but can a small town cop really get the people of this state to support him?

All I have heard is "he won't debate me".

I will probably vote for him because I refuse to vote for Chinslee.

But I am not Seattle by 154 miles or so

Perhaps you should watch one of his speeches? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tAxdpIJe3E&feature=youtu.be&t=874
    Go to about 14:30 to see the start. Start at the beginning if you want to hear Eyeman's intro.

Guy is a common sense politician, guided by the constitution. Nobody like that has run in Washington state in a long time which could be good or bad. Like all non-liberal politicians, he is getting no airplay by the media. They're complicit in this.
    Washington hasn’t seen a GOP Gubernatorial Candidate like this since Ellen Craswell
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,568 Standard Supporter
    It would definitely be an upset but Chinslee is prime for the picking.
    Tequilla said:

doogie said:

Actually - it won't. Spokane is a purple city now. Has slowly moved that way over the last 10 years or so. Left has controlled the city council for most of the last 6 years.

Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich would have been a better candidate than Culp, imho. But I think he has his eye on a mayor or congressional run at some point in the future.

Culp being from Kettle Falls in going to be his death knell. A yokel bridge too far for the W. Washington middle to cross.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I definitely would bet Inslee

But he has enough arrogance to him to get caught with his pants down
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,208 Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

First let's look at some recent results. Actually pretty close for the last 2 elections. I bet 9/10 folks don't even remember who he ran against in '16.

No one like Culp has run in a long time. Huge wildcard. Pandemic. Huge Wildcard. Demotivated democrats since Biden is running. Wildcard. Racial Justice issues and the state's handling of it. Another wildcard.

He's going to bring a lot of people out, as will Trump. People sick of the bullshit. Gonna be a squeaker.

The above tells me you can almost guarantee that a Republican candidate can get up to the 1.5M vote range.

Democratic totals seem dependent upon energy levels. 2016 seems high given Washington one of the first “Never Trump” states.

1) Does Biden excite enough, or Trump drive enough hate, to have people hit the ballot box

2) Has Inslee pissed off or fatigued enough people to get 100K people to change their vote?

I can see why Inslee doesn’t want to debate ... he’s an empty suit not operating from a position of strength
    Your original line wasn't wrong but this might be a better statement.

If I'm the other guy (I no longer live in Washington so this could be happening), I'm spending a chunk of ad money slamming Chinslee's use of tax money on his failed presidential campaign.
    The unemployment fraud has some legs with some investigative reporting. Inslee hasn’t touched that publicly. Pretty sure he directly approved bi passing security protocols on employer checks, if he didn’t the. He would have fired his appointed deputy had he not approved override.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,415 Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

Tequilla said:

I can see why Inslee doesn’t want to debate ... he’s an empty suit not operating from a position of strength
    Your original line wasn't wrong but this might be a better statement.

If I'm the other guy (I no longer live in Washington so this could be happening), I'm spending a chunk of ad money slamming Chinslee's use of tax money on his failed presidential campaign.
    The unemployment fraud has some legs with some investigative reporting. Inslee hasn’t touched that publicly. Pretty sure he directly approved bi passing security protocols on employer checks, if he didn’t the. He would have fired his appointed deputy had he not approved override.
    I have no proof, but I feel that was an inside job. Just a hunch.