Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Now Inslee Ducking Debates?

TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
Is this the New Democrat strategy?

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Fucktarded, obviously, but not going to cost him anything.
    Teh KOMO

Incumbent Governor Jay Inslee refuses to debate Republican challenger Loren Culp in-person, a source with the Washington State Debate Coalition tells the Jason Rantz Show on KTTH.

Instead, Inslee’s team is angling for a digital debate over Zoom, where he can participate from his home. This despite assurances that an in-person debate would practice social distancing and other coronavirus best-practices recommended by Inslee’s own administration.

Inslee’s campaign has not responded to multiple requests for comment.

Inslee says no to debate over mask wearing

According to the source, Inslee won’t participate because Culp won’t wear a mask during the debate and Inslee will refuse to remove his. If this is Inslee’s position, as the source states, the insistence that both participants wear a mask during the debate isn’t just odd. It breaks with what Inslee himself practices.

While at group press conferences in the past, Inslee has worn a mask when not speaking and removed it when he does. And that’s while sharing the same microphone with other people. It’s standard practice across the country and safe. He’s even refused to wear a mask during one recent press conference saying, “I only took mine off because of the First Amendment.”
    MelloDawg said:

Inslee could wear a pink tutu for all anyone cares and he'd still win rather easily.

Rather easily.
    Bob_C said:

Well when you lose $600m in unemployment fraud, either at your discretion or your appointed directors, and have purposely not brought back the legislature to resolve a huge budget deficit in hopes of federal bailout, I might duck too.

That’s before even talking about his science and data.

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Inslee cannot lose. I wouldn’t debate either.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,359
    Is anyone else running?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    did somebody fart?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    It’d be high comedy if Inslee didn’t debate and then lost

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    he could die and still win.

but more people would feel better about him winning

Take all the screenshots you need. I think he actually could lose.

First let's look at some recent results. Actually pretty close for the last 2 elections. I bet 9/10 folks don't even remember who he ran against in '16.

No one like Culp has run in a long time. Huge wildcard. Pandemic. Huge Wildcard. Demotivated democrats since Biden is running. Wildcard. Racial Justice issues and the state's handling of it. Another wildcard.

He's going to bring a lot of people out, as will Trump. People sick of the bullshit. Gonna be a squeaker.

I admire a man with hope.

I’m not terribly impressed so perhaps this colors my opinion: Crushed.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    What else does Culp say about how to run a state? I am not a fan of Chinslee at all, but can a small town cop really get the people of this state to support him?

All I have heard is "he won't debate me".

I will probably vote for him because I refuse to vote for Chinslee.

But I am not Seattle by 154 miles or so
  • I actually expected much better from Inslee in the primary. Lot of Culp (and Freed) signs in rural Washington, more than there are Trump signs imo.

I agree the Republicans in Washington will probably be more energized, but still Inslee had >50% in the primary. If Culp runs a good campaign he could get within 5, won't win though.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,526 Swaye's Wigwam

First let's look at some recent results. Actually pretty close for the last 2 elections. I bet 9/10 folks don't even remember who he ran against in '16.

No one like Culp has run in a long time. Huge wildcard. Pandemic. Huge Wildcard. Demotivated democrats since Biden is running. Wildcard. Racial Justice issues and the state's handling of it. Another wildcard.

He's going to bring a lot of people out, as will Trump. People sick of the bullshit. Gonna be a squeaker.

Bill Bryant was a Port of Seattle guy, McKenna was AG. People knew them. People now know Culp because he’s running against Inslee but that’s really all.

Now, you go get yourself Dave Reichert and we’ll have a conversation here.
    Divided government would be a very good thing for the state. Culp not going to do it.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

The above tells me you can almost guarantee that a Republican candidate can get up to the 1.5M vote range.

Democratic totals seem dependent upon energy levels. 2016 seems high given Washington one of the first “Never Trump” states.

I think there are two main issues in 2020:

1) Does Biden excite enough, or Trump drive enough hate, to have people hit the ballot box

2) Has Inslee pissed off or fatigued enough people to get 100K people to change their vote?

I can see why Inslee doesn’t want to debate ... he’s not operating from a position of strength