Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Camping - too expensive for black people?

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

We don't need more people camping. Even many of the more remote, harder to get to areas are constantly crowded these days. It sucks. I like to camp to get away from people.

THIS!!!!!!1

I used to go hiking but now I can’t stand it. Too many people. Lots of snot-nosed kids listening to music without earphones. Why don’t you enjoy the scenery dipshit instead of taking a million pics for your Instagram feed.

https://www.outsideonline.com/2160416/instagram-ruining-great-outdoors

Now if you excuse me, there’s a cloud I need to yell at.
    Just open carry and you'll get a 100 foot buffer, instantly.
    I’m thinking about it.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2020
    Swaye said:

Goduckies said:

When I was in my 20's tent and sleeping bag is all I needed... now just add a air mattress and bigger tent. 100 bucks more... still cheap.

Exactly! My biggest camping expense back in my 20s was for beer and gas.
    This. Stuffed $5 of gear in a backpack, grabbed 3 Top Ramen and my dad's half empty hidden bottle of creme de menthe and I was all set. Let's camp!
    Moral: Injuns were upper class compared to my trashy upbringing.
  • Options
    mrdoog said:

A couple of my black buddies, who are smart, successful, great dads, great athletes & all that, can't BBQ for shit. They can't even get the coals going.

So camping? Probably not even on their radar.

“Smart, successful, great dads”

Sureeeeeeee.

You got a problem with successful black guys?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

I checked on camping gear. Turns out, it cost the same whether you're white or black. At least I didn't see any white discount offered.

The cost of camping and the comfort you're in are proportional. Comfort costs money. It always does.

The white discount is built into the price
  • Options
    edited August 2020

dflea said:

I checked on camping gear. Turns out, it cost the same whether you're white or black. At least I didn't see any white discount offered.

The cost of camping and the comfort you're in are proportional. Comfort costs money. It always does.

You can buy North Face shit at 60% off out of season. It's not hard at all.

I think that's the white *privilege* discount you speak of.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I will never, ever forget being the minority on my HS football team (majority black, with quite a different income profile compared to my family) and the one year we had a week of training camp off campus in the "woods" near Charlottesville. Shared cabins, mess hall, all that, so not real camping, but the majority of the team had no idea what to do with that level of "nature". Wild animals rustling leaves were scary; the idea of a snake nearby sent our star running back in a full on sprint out of the cabin.

I have no idea why so many of my teammates had not had the life experience of any type of camping, boy scouts, or basic nature exposure. Interest, opportunity, awareness, who knows. But it was real alright.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

I will never, ever forget being the minority on my HS football team (majority black, with quite a different income profile compared to my family) and the one year we had a week of training camp off campus in the "woods" near Charlottesville. Shared cabins, mess hall, all that, so not real camping, but the majority of the team had no idea what to do with that level of "nature". Wild animals rustling leaves were scary; the idea of a snake nearby sent our star running back in a full on sprint out of the cabin.

I have no idea why so many of my teammates had not had the life experience of any type of camping, boy scouts, or basic nature exposure. Interest, opportunity, awareness, who knows. But it was real alright.

Live look at you at camp

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

mrdoog said:

A couple of my black buddies, who are smart, successful, great dads, great athletes & all that, can't BBQ for shit. They can't even get the coals going.

Sureeeeeeee.

They don’t exist. All Black* people are the same and thy need white liberals to help them. Biden told me so.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

You can buy North Face shit at 60% off out of season. It's not hard at all.

I think that's the white *privilege* discount you speak of.
    Blacks people are too dumb to get the off season discount. Didn’t you follow along here ?
  • Options

mrdoog said:

Sureeeeeeee.

They don’t exist. All Black* people are the same and thy need white liberals to help them. Biden told me so.
    Your willingness to pin your ears back and go all-in on a racist joke has not gone unappreciated.

TYFYS.
  • Options

We don't need more people camping. Even many of the more remote, harder to get to areas are constantly crowded these days. It sucks. I like to camp to get away from people.

THIS!!!!!!1

I used to go hiking but now I can’t stand it. Too many people. Lots of snot-nosed kids listening to music without earphones. Why don’t you enjoy the scenery dipshit instead of taking a million pics for your Instagram feed.

I’m thinking about it.

That's Fuckin' Hot
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    whlinder said:

You know why. Racism!!!!

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    Seriously, my wife had never been camping in her entire life until she married me and we had kids. She went camping with me and the boys one time and that was it. Using the bathroom, even if there was an outhouse was the end of her camping days. After that one trip, it was only dad and the boys camping. Mom stayed home.

I'll ask her if it was the fear of being lynched that made her not want to go camping with us.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,856
    I first camped in a tube tent. Cost a couple bucks.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

THIS!!!!!!1

I’m thinking about it.

I always figured more of a Sean Young type. Hmmm
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Camping for us in high school involved at least one keg, several trucks and a gravel pit at the end of a logging road. We didn’t segregate either. As long as there was pussy and you weren’t an asshole then the more the merrier

South Sound glamping
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

mrdoog said:

Sureeeeeeee.

Sure sounds like it. Add another one to the "racists who just can't help hiding it anymore" club here in the tug.
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,594
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I gave up camping when started paying for a hotel going to the coast. One of my buddies was the cheapest guy on earth- would always tell me we could go into the local bar while camping- maybe meet some girls. Cuz ya know, all the top notch hotties want to go back and sleep on the ground with a guy they just met.