Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Well, what do you know (Developing)

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
edited August 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
This just in: Pac12 member presidents and athletic directors have begun questioning Larry Scott's vision and strategy for the Pac 12 network. Seems lots of budgets are in the red and the SEC does a lot more with a much lower rent and director compensation paid
Stay tuned for more breaking developments.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    So I was right?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter

So I was right?

You tend to be.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter

FireCohen said:

Blow it all up and start from scratch

Detonate PAC-12 network
    #AOB
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,734 Founders Club

Doesn't matter who you are. You're going on the yellow bus
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,772 Founders Club

FireCohen said:

Blow it all up and start from scratch

Detonate PAC-12 network
    Not surprising coming from you.
    I'm not surprised you're not surprised.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    CFB probably won't be going anywhere. The TV networks need it. The NFL doesn't want to run a minor league.

The place where local fans, the 99% of players who will never see an NFL facility, and TV networks meet, is where CFB will be.

If there is a tiny amount of players who think they are too good for 3-4 years of college, let them work that out with the NFL. Otherwise fuck off.

• EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

CFB probably won't be going anywhere. The TV networks need it. The NFL doesn't want to run a minor league.

The place where local fans, the 99% of players who will never see an NFL facility, and TV networks meet, is where CFB will be.

If there is a tiny amount of players who think they are too good for 3-4 years of college, let them work that out with the NFL. Otherwise fuck off.

Why pay for something you get for free, but would the NFL invest in backing CFB player pay if they got input on coaching/training and greater transparency on players' health and character info? Not exactly a minor league, but I could imagine the NFL seeing value in being a stakeholder with some privileges in their de facto minor league.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter
    I’m listening to the Peristyle Podcast now and they mentioned that during the announcement that the PAC 12 canceled the season, there was NO coverage or commentary on the PAC 12 Network. JFC!

You know what was shown instead? Glad you asked...

*Face palm*

@ExtraChrisB is right, blow it all up and start from scratch.