Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jayden Wayne, 2023 5* DE/OLB, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 8/10/20)

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

JECAR said:

JECAR said:

I live down in South Florida and can tell you without question that he’s going to get raw dogged in his shit hole…with no lube.

You know this because you live in south Florida?

Good news! I worked the phones (faggy wink to @GayThoughts) and found his stats from this year…

13 tackles and 2 tackles for loss. Jayden Wayne is Sav’ell Smalls 2.0. He’s fucking soft as fuck like most of the other kids coming out of the PNW. I said most…don’t twist.

Oh, first and write…
    Eh he was a true frosh. That isn't a horrible stat line for your first college action.

Savell is putting up those numbers in year 3
    Those are his high school senior season stats...
    Covid year?
    2022, like over the last 4 months
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

JECAR said:

JECAR said:

I live down in South Florida and can tell you without question that he’s going to get raw dogged in his shit hole…with no lube.

Good news! I worked the phones (faggy wink to @GayThoughts) and found his stats from this year…

13 tackles and 2 tackles for loss. Jayden Wayne is Sav’ell Smalls 2.0. He’s fucking soft as fuck like most of the other kids coming out of the PNW. I said most…don’t twist.

Oh, first and write…
    Eh he was a true frosh. That isn't a horrible stat line for your first college action.

Is this a whoosh?
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,503
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Outside of Egbuka it sure feels like it's been a long, bad run of shitty Washington prospects.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    JECAR said:

JECAR said:

JECAR said:

Oh, first and write…

Is this a whoosh?
    Apparently I'm being whooshed. How is it possible his high school stats were that bad? Injured?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

JECAR said:

JECAR said:

JECAR said:

Oh, first and write…

Is this a whoosh?
    Apparently I'm being whooshed. How is it possible his high school stats were that bad? Injured?
    He isn’t good.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

JECAR said:

JECAR said:

JECAR said:

Oh, first and write…

Is this a whoosh?
    Backup at IMG
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

JECAR said:

JECAR said:

JECAR said:

Oh, first and write…

Is this a whoosh?
    His family believed the hype and he went down to IMG in Florida. He was actually playing with and against real talent. Turns out he isn't that good
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is another case of a kid being ranked a 5* as a high school freshman. Guess what? He didn't get any better. Of course 247 can't really lower his ranking thar much because they would have to admit their original ranking was wrong and are likely getting their palms greased by Tracy, IMG, or whoever else

They sure as fuck lowered Anthony James after he dropped TA&M
    I like his size and think he will find a way to contribute, but James doesn’t make plays in any highlight video. That’s why he dropped. Big, strong kid tho.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This is another case of a kid being ranked a 5* as a high school freshman. Guess what? He didn't get any better. Of course 247 can't really lower his ranking thar much because they would have to admit their original ranking was wrong and are likely getting their palms greased by Tracy, IMG, or whoever else

I like his size and think he will find a way to contribute, but James doesn’t make plays in any highlight video. That’s why he dropped. Big, strong kid tho.
    I see him putting on a lot of size and moving inside
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

He's raw but he's massive with long arms and moves well
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    So does this kid suck?

Looks like Tarzan but I get the feeling this is more Mario star-chasing.

Cough…Cyrus Moss…Cough
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Outside of Egbuka it sure feels like it's been a long, bad run of shitty Washington prospects.

JTT is going to be an Outland finalist next year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

JTT is going to be an Outland finalist next year.
    These awards seem to be getting sorted out more and more in the preseason so I don't disagree but I really don't see what's going to make JTT great at this point? And I'm not just doog hating. Egbuka is unbelievable and I thought that since the first time I saw him play at OSU. JTT mostly just looks like a guy, and a guy who peaked at 15.

I actually have some admiration for them for considering UW as much publicly and as late as they did given Lake was the coach and JonDon/Gregory were their coordinators and for not staying in the Pac-12.
  • Options
    ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited December 2022
    Egbuka, is the only recent high profile player who has lived up to any hype. Wayne got totally exposed going to IMG. JTT basketball highlights didn’t excite me and I didn’t see an explosive athlete. Most players need to stay home especially if your talking Power 5. I always tell them the story of good friend Larry Stevens going to Michigan he went there as a safety/WR he ran one route and they switched him to D-Emd and put 50lns on him
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    ATLDawg said:

Egbuka, is the only recent high profile player who has lived up to any hype. Wayne got totally exposed going to IMG. JTT basketball highlights didn’t excite me and I didn’t see an explosive athlete. Most players need to stay home especially if your talking Power 5. I always tell them the story of good friend Larry Stevens going to Michigan he went there as a safety/WR he ran one route and they switched him to D-Emd and put 50lns on him

Kyler Gordon got a pick yesterday off josh allen btw
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

ATLDawg said:

It would be interesting to look at the in state 4 and 5 stars over the last 10-15 years, where they went to school, and their relative success
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

ATLDawg said:

It would be interesting to look at the in state 4 and 5 stars over the last 10-15 years, where they went to school, and their relative success
    I've started research like this about 10x the past couple years then always try to remind myself I'm not getting paid for it and don't follow through. From my vague memory the vast majority of guys who get into the NFL from the state of Washington are guys who went to UW or even WSU over going out of state - though there's probably a percentage thing you would have to figure out to make that fair.

It feels like there was a good run of big time instate recruits from the mid-2000s to mid-2010s who panned out, and most spurned UW - thinking Taylor Mays, Jonathan Stewart, Stephen Schilling, Josh Garnett, Myles Jack, Jake Locker, ASJ, Budda Baker, David DeCastro. It's really seemed to tail off in the past five years or so though.