Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When Culp is your hope

13»

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Swaye said:

I dunno - add all those R votes and it gets Chinteresting. Inslee wins pretty much King County against Culp and that's it. Culp's message is unique. Debates will be interesting if the media chooses to cover them.

It's not close at all. Late ballots will trend heavy to Inslee as updated vote counts are released. Primary elections are also known to be a more conservative voter base. Inslee will win reelection rather easily.

Sorry to shit on having any hope. I would love to see all Dems lose, but that's not happening in Washington State.
    After that RINO won in Maryland anything is possible.
    No. This one is over.
    Maybe it’s over, maybe not.

Remember:

1. The Culp team's campaign effort was focused on gaining second place in the primary. The campaign in the general election will focus on the damage, corruption, and incompetence of Inslee full time.

2. These primary votes for Inslee were typical Democrats and most really had no compelling reason to vote for anyone else at this time. Picture these folks looking at 36 candidates and not having any idea about the other left-of-center people. Many traditional democrats held their nose and voted Inslee.

3. The damage caused by Inslee and his leftist cabal will be worse by November. Tens of thousands more citizens will have direct experience and they will be talking.

I obviously didn’t write that... but found it interesting, or not. I’m a centrist so I’d say it could be Inslee or Culp depending on how things go.
    What about the field?
    Always the better bet
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Will someone explain to me in small words that my delicate female mind can understand (remember, my gender only recently got the right to vote) why the Republican Party in Washington State can’t win/put forth an electable candidate?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    And +1 to DDJ, I want to know why too.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Will someone explain to me in small words that my delicate female mind can understand (remember, my gender only recently got the right to vote) why the Republican Party in Washington State can’t win/put forth an electable candidate?

It doesn't matter because the electorate are a bunch of libtards. The state is a lost cause if you're a conservative. Move to Idaho or Texas.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

It doesn't matter because the electorate are a bunch of libtards. The state is a lost cause if you're a conservative. Move to Idaho or Texas.
    You’re probably right (heh), but in the short term I want at least someone who will give the Democratic Party a run for their money. Having strong competition is important in improving both sides.

I realize this is unrealistic, but I would still like to hear what are the obstacles besides demographics.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2020

Dino’s non-win win seems like 50 years ago.

No EWA Republican can win. And there’s no GOP bench on Westside anymore.
    Rossi’s loss when the King County votes were “found” was voter fraud in plain sight and nobody in Washington cared enough to do anything about it. With 100% mail-in in Wa and OR, I don’t see a GOP elected to a statewide office or a GOP president in my lifetime. It’s simply too easy to cheat when everyone gets mailed a ballot.

Chris Dudley is the Oregon version of Rossi, although theMultnomah Dems here were smart enough to have the margin covered without manufacturing “found” ballots. No GOP candidate has been close since in races for Senate, Governor, or President.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,834
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon and Washington, even in nominal moderate or republican suburbs have a lot of suburban moms who self-identify as strong independent women who then adopt the herd-like dem view of abortion. Even republican moderates on abortion are crucified in Planned Parenthood ads that indicate that strong independent women are going to have their abortion rights arbitrarily terminated by a republican governor as if they had the right. Hell, when an initiative petition made it to the ballot that under 18 year olds would need parental permission for an abortion, unless that notification would result in violence, it got killed. You need to have parental permission to take an advil before a high school basketball game, but you can go get an abortion at half-time. These strong independent women had no problem with bubba and his womanizing. But Trump said "pussies" and that is just too much. Special school levies pass like clockwork out here in Portland suburbia. I'll be interested to see if the teacher's unions have pushed there luck to far.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,499
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dems cheat to make up the margins their sheep voters dont cover. End of story
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I have a feeling Culp will win back Snohomish County. I think that a lot of moderate liberals are pretty dismayed by what has taken place in Seattle and Portland and the lack of response or stance from the governor. That and there are a LOT of pissed off right wing country folk that will get out and vote. The Culp signs fly free in Snohomish County. They are everywhere. That said, Inslee will win in a landslide.

The unions are still quite strong in Evert.

Even after the massacre.
  • Options

Dems will keep doing vote recounts until Chinslee wins

Fucking This.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,095

Fucking This.
    If it's any consolation to you, there won't need to be a recount.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,095

Bob_C said:

Swaye said:

I dunno - add all those R votes and it gets Chinteresting. Inslee wins pretty much King County against Culp and that's it. Culp's message is unique. Debates will be interesting if the media chooses to cover them.

It's not close at all. Late ballots will trend heavy to Inslee as updated vote counts are released. Primary elections are also known to be a more conservative voter base. Inslee will win reelection rather easily.

Sorry to shit on having any hope. I would love to see all Dems lose, but that's not happening in Washington State.
    After that RINO won in Maryland anything is possible.
    No. This one is over.
    Maybe it’s over, maybe not.

Remember:

1. The Culp team's campaign effort was focused on gaining second place in the primary. The campaign in the general election will focus on the damage, corruption, and incompetence of Inslee full time.

2. These primary votes for Inslee were typical Democrats and most really had no compelling reason to vote for anyone else at this time. Picture these folks looking at 36 candidates and not having any idea about the other left-of-center people. Many traditional democrats held their nose and voted Inslee.

3. The damage caused by Inslee and his leftist cabal will be worse by November. Tens of thousands more citizens will have direct experience and they will be talking.

I obviously didn’t write that... but found it interesting, or not. I’m a centrist so I’d say it could be Inslee or Culp depending on how things go.
    What about the field?
    Always the better bet
    Ever since I started betting on golf it has been, at least.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Fucking This.
    Sadly agree. Down ballot in a Trump election in a place like WA is a no win situation.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    Funny how those ballots found in car trunks turn up when the dems ain't winning. Ask 'ol Al Franken. That's how he won.
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

Fucking This.
    Go Fuck Yourself.

Even though you're right.