Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

When Culp is your hope

Comments

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,108
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2020

I dunno - add all those R votes and it gets Chinteresting. Inslee wins pretty much King County against Culp and that's it. Culp's message is unique. Debates will be interesting if the media chooses to cover them.

That's arguably all he needs as the path to victory for Culp is a difficult one without it. Snohomish, Pierce, Thurston and Kitsap all went to Inslee in 2016, though I don't know how they trended in 2018 for the Congressional races. Kittitas isn't red anymore. Culp would need to flip many from 2016. I think if he had more name recognition prior to this year and wasn't a first time candidate, it might be more chinteresting.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

I dunno - add all those R votes and it gets Chinteresting. Inslee wins pretty much King County against Culp and that's it. Culp's message is unique. Debates will be interesting if the media chooses to cover them.

That's arguably all he needs as the path to victory for Culp is a difficult one without it. Snohomish, Pierce, Thurston and Kitsap all went to Inslee in 2016, though I don't know how they trended in 2018 for the Congressional races. Kittitas isn't red anymore. Culp would need to flip many from 2016. I think if he had more name recognition prior to this year and wasn't a first time candidate, it might be more chinteresting.

It would not be interesting. Dems own statewide govt. Kittitas is a red county. Not sure wtf you are talking about there.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

KingCo plus public employee unions. Blow out win for Inslee. Take your screenshots.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,108
    edited August 2020

MelloDawg said:

It would not be interesting. Dems own statewide govt. Kittitas is a red county. Not sure wtf you are talking about there.
    My mistake, I mixed it up with the 8th Congressional district which includes parts of Kittitas. You are correct.

But still.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

It's not close at all. Late ballots will trend heavy to Inslee as updated vote counts are released. Primary elections are also known to be a more conservative voter base. Inslee will win reelection rather easily.

Sorry to shit on having any hope. I would love to see all Dems lose, but that's not happening in Washington State.
    After that RINO won in Maryland anything is possible.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

It's not close at all. Late ballots will trend heavy to Inslee as updated vote counts are released. Primary elections are also known to be a more conservative voter base. Inslee will win reelection rather easily.

Sorry to shit on having any hope. I would love to see all Dems lose, but that's not happening in Washington State.
    No. This one is over.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Why can't there be DINOs? That's what we need, some Trump lovers to pretend they are Stalin/Hitler/AOC and infiltrate the ranks.... then BAM, we red.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The irony as always is that Trump is far closer to Scoop and Maggie than any democrat. The question is whether Scoop or Maggie could still win in Washington
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Not as a dem. Today, they would never get out of the dem primary.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,540
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People voting are such idiots - congressional approval rating = 12-16% and every incumbent won and it heading to the general election.

Heck retired from politics until he saw an opening for Lt. Governor - his old district's top two vote getters are both progressive liberals headed to the general.

Heck and Marko Llais, two dems, are going to fight for Lt. Gov. who will replace Chinslee when he becomes Harris' EPA director.

WE ARE FUCKED
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have a feeling Culp will win back Snohomish County. I think that a lot of moderate liberals are pretty dismayed by what has taken place in Seattle and Portland and the lack of response or stance from the governor. That and there are a LOT of pissed off right wing country folk that will get out and vote. The Culp signs fly free in Snohomish County. They are everywhere. That said, Inslee will win in a landslide.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I have a feeling Culp will win back Snohomish County. I think that a lot of moderate liberals are pretty dismayed by what has taken place in Seattle and Portland and the lack of response or stance from the governor. That and there are a LOT of pissed off right wing country folk that will get out and vote. The Culp signs fly free in Snohomish County. They are everywhere. That said, Inslee will win in a landslide.

SnoCo... maybe. But as you say, not even worth thinking about.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dems will keep doing vote recounts until Chinslee wins
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Dems will keep doing vote recounts until Chinslee wins

Won't be necessary.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

No. This one is over.
    Maybe it’s over, maybe not.

Remember:

1. The Culp team's campaign effort was focused on gaining second place in the primary. The campaign in the general election will focus on the damage, corruption, and incompetence of Inslee full time.

2. These primary votes for Inslee were typical Democrats and most really had no compelling reason to vote for anyone else at this time. Picture these folks looking at 36 candidates and not having any idea about the other left-of-center people. Many traditional democrats held their nose and voted Inslee.

3. The damage caused by Inslee and his leftist cabal will be worse by November. Tens of thousands more citizens will have direct experience and they will be talking.

I obviously didn’t write that... but found it interesting, or not. I’m a centrist so I’d say it could be Inslee or Culp depending on how things go.
    Things the blithely hopeful say.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,898
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

No. This one is over.
    Maybe it’s over, maybe not.

Remember:

1. The Culp team's campaign effort was focused on gaining second place in the primary. The campaign in the general election will focus on the damage, corruption, and incompetence of Inslee full time.

2. These primary votes for Inslee were typical Democrats and most really had no compelling reason to vote for anyone else at this time. Picture these folks looking at 36 candidates and not having any idea about the other left-of-center people. Many traditional democrats held their nose and voted Inslee.

3. The damage caused by Inslee and his leftist cabal will be worse by November. Tens of thousands more citizens will have direct experience and they will be talking.

I obviously didn’t write that... but found it interesting, or not. I’m a centrist so I’d say it could be Inslee or Culp depending on how things go.
    What about the field?