Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

BLM, Don't Go Rural

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think I know that area, East of Lynnwood & Bothell, bordering on.................

Maltby.

Perhaps, maybe northwest of Maltby in that weird area
    Fales Creek?
    What’s that ironically named road out there, Interrurban?
    Dunno. But whatever that Golf Course is out there with the 18th hole in the middle of the pond, I got on the green in one, salvaging an otherwise shitty day of golf in that Godforsaken place. Have you seen the housing prices on that course? To live in that mossy, gray, mucky area like that, along that congested fucking highway? No way.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I think I know that area, East of Lynnwood & Bothell, bordering on.................

Maltby.

Fales Creek?
    Dunno. But whatever that Golf Course is out there with the 18th hole in the middle of the pond, I got on the green in one, salvaging an otherwise shitty day of golf in that Godforsaken place. Have you seen the housing prices on that course? To live in that mossy, gray, mucky area like that, along that congested fucking highway? No way.
    We Gold Barrians can’t even afford to think about Echo Lake.
  • Options

Maltby.

Fales Creek?
    We Gold Barrians can’t even afford to think about Echo Lake.
    I can't believe what people will pay to live on that course, in that area, with that shitty traffic, surrounded by trailer trash and swamps. The Maltby Cafe might be the only thing that saves it from being worse than White Center or Top Hat.
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If you're gonna do that do not be surprised when that is the reaction.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,768
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    trublue said:

Chief Best made $290k in 2019 so she can certainly afford to live in Seattle and it should be a requirement for her position. One kid goes to Lakeside which is $35k/ year so she definitely doesn’t qualify for aid there. Husband works at Boeing.

These guys definitely can afford to live in Seattle too.

I don’t give a fuck where she lives, but I do want to know how an officer is pulling down $400k+.
    Overtime pay for cops and fire fighters is insane.
    It also factors into the retirement equation . . . Smart thing to do the final three years of career (or however it’s calculated) to jack up one’s retirement.
    PERS is pretty well fucked that way. Or not if you're the pensioner. Yanking 60% of $400K+ for the rest of your life ain't a bad gig.

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Protestors upset because the road they wanted to use to chant in someone’s neighborhood was blocked by the residents of that neighborhood?

Yeah I felt the same way when I was trying to get my kids home safely but I-5 and Pine St were completely blocked off by protestors and rioters throwing things through windows and setting cars on fire.

Fuck these people. Go protest in your own fucking neighborhood.

More stupid prizes need to be awarded.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

Protestors upset because the road they wanted to use to chant in someone’s neighborhood was blocked by the residents of that neighborhood?

Yeah I felt the same way when I was trying to get my kids home safely but I-5 and Pine St were completely blocked off by protestors and rioters throwing things through windows and setting cars on fire.

Fuck these people. Go protest in your own fucking neighborhood.

Community policing at its finest.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2020
    trublue said:

Chief Best made $290k in 2019 so she can certainly afford to live in Seattle and it should be a requirement for her position. One kid goes to Lakeside which is $35k/ year so she definitely doesn’t qualify for aid there. Husband works at Boeing.

These guys definitely can afford to live in Seattle too.

I don’t give a fuck where she lives, but I do want to know how an officer is pulling down $400k+.
    Overtime pay for cops and fire fighters is insane.
    It also factors into the retirement equation . . . Smart thing to do the final three years of career (or however it’s calculated) to jack up one’s retirement.
    Doesn't work that way in Kali. At all. Only base pay and certain other items like longevity pay or assingment pay are counted for "salary". Overtime is not in the equation at all.

I know a number of cops that are pulling down pretty large numbers. They are being ordered to work vast amounts of overtime. They are exhausted. Most departments are nowhere near full strength due the many hiring problems with younger people these days. I know some real overtime whores but everyone is worn out and tired. It's a paramilitary organization and they just order you in to work.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    My heart is bleeding for these tired and worn out paramilitaries. Sad.
  • Options

Fuck these protesters. It was only a month ago that Durkan had to formally request Sawant to be censured by the council after she led a mob to her house. As a former US prosecutor with strict privacy protections in place, that shit is/was beyond reckless. Look no further than two weeks ago when a New Jersey federal judge had her husband shot and son murdered by some whack job lawyer who managed to get her address.

Point being - rail against politicians and other public servants all you want. Send them lemon party emails on a daily cadence if that's your jam. But when you bring that shit to their doorstep you're directly threatening their safety and that of their family, and you deserve any unintended consequences that come from that. This is the exact reason Carmen Best doesn't live in the city, and frankly no high profile LEO should reside in their own jurisdiction - it's way too easy for some unstable shithead to get retribution on you when you're off-duty.

There is a Silver Lining to all of this: The protesters have overplayed their hands and the public at large is pushing back with contempt and a vengeance. I grew up out there and my neighbors moved there to get away from exactly this kind of "City" shit. BLM better re-think it's "suburban" strategy 'cause people roll differently in the burbs.

Combined with the leaked body-cam tapes of the George Floyd arrest, many people feel lied to by the MSM. It's not so much about what went down in MN that day, but how the media chose to cover it and blow it up as big as possible, while burying the body cam tape that revealed a much more complicated story.

Protest season is almost over, folks. Come September and October, it's going to be "Do something worthwhile or Get a Fucking Job Season."
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Fuck these protesters. It was only a month ago that Durkan had to formally request Sawant to be censured by the council after she led a mob to her house. As a former US prosecutor with strict privacy protections in place, that shit is/was beyond reckless. Look no further than two weeks ago when a New Jersey federal judge had her husband shot and son murdered by some whack job lawyer who managed to get her address.

Point being - rail against politicians and other public servants all you want. Send them lemon party emails on a daily cadence if that's your jam. But when you bring that shit to their doorstep you're directly threatening their safety and that of their family, and you deserve any unintended consequences that come from that. This is the exact reason Carmen Best doesn't live in the city, and frankly no high profile LEO should reside in their own jurisdiction - it's way too easy for some unstable shithead to get retribution on you when you're off-duty.

There is a Silver Lining to all of this: The protesters have overplayed their hands and the public at large is pushing back with contempt and a vengeance. I grew up out there and my neighbors moved there to get away from exactly this kind of "City" shit. BLM better re-think it's "suburban" strategy 'cause people roll differently in the burbs.

Combined with the leaked body-cam tapes of the George Floyd arrest, many people feel lied to by the MSM. It's not so much about what went down in MN that day, but how the media chose to cover it and blow it up as big as possible, while burying the body cam tape that revealed a much more complicated story.

Protest season is almost over, folks. Come September and October, it's going to be "Do something worthwhile or Get a Fucking Job Season."
    I just want a few more of them to get shot
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

The media played their usual role of carrying water for the Rats. Rats needed their pre-election race story and the media made sure they got it with George Floyd. From the very beginning I asked for the evidence that showed Floyd's death had anything to do with race but it didn't matter. 4 racist "white" cops murdered Floyd because he was black, it was a modern day lynching. That was the narrative being pushed and there was no way in hell to counter it.

It doesn't matter now, just like with Mike Brown, there are still people out there who believe that he was on his knees with his arms raised in the air, surrendering to the cop when he was shot in the head. There are people who believe this because they want to believe it and there are people like the Dazzler who know it's bullshit but "believe" it anyway because it's politically advantageous for them to do so. No matter what facts come on Floyd he will always be the black guy who was murdered by racist cops.
  • Options
    Neither will the Asian shopkeeper he assaulted and robbed that day.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

Neither will the Asian shopkeeper he assaulted and robbed that day.
    So you're saying that black people should be murdered for shoplifting.