Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

BLM, Don't Go Rural

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Funny how Chief Best doesn't live in Seattle...

I'd say a vast majority of Seattle's 'civil servants' don't live in the city. It's probably the number one reason shit doesn't get done because ultimately it's not happening in their back yard. To be clear I don't blame them, you gotta find a home somewhere you want to live and can afford, but I kind of feel that one should live in the city if they are working for the city. I know, that has flaws as well, and difficult to attract best will do in a pinch talent if you limit to just the city. ie Private School sports
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    So far none in rural Idaho. Maybe they're smarter than we think.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

Those of us that grew up in that county like to call it SnoHo, that's what we like to call it.

Uh, no we don't.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Chief Best made $290k in 2019 so she can certainly afford to live in Seattle and it should be a requirement for her position. One kid goes to Lakeside which is $35k/ year so she definitely doesn’t qualify for aid there. Husband works at Boeing.

These guys definitely can afford to live in Seattle too.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Chief Best made $290k in 2019 so she can certainly afford to live in Seattle and it should be a requirement for her position. One kid goes to Lakeside which is $35k/ year so she definitely doesn’t qualify for aid there. Husband works at Boeing.

In Best’s statement, she said indirectly said that was one of her houses. I agree, she should be living in the city. Apparently she’s a registered Seattle voter. We know that election fraud is a myth, therefore we can deduce her primary residence is in the city.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I don’t give a fuck where she lives, but I do want to know how an officer is pulling down $400k+.
    Overtime pay for cops and fire fighters is insane.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I can't figure out exactly where this happened, but it's rural Snohomish County somewhere. BLM showed up to protest at Carmen Best's house. I'm very curious whether this is indeed a private road. I suspect it is. Regardless, protesting at a private residence is fucktarded.

Don't try this shit again, BLM. Honestly, I don't want anyone to get hurt. I don't know if the average 18-22 year old Seattle kid realizes just how country shit gets 45 minutes from Fremont.
    So the same retards that got a comrade killed in I5 in Seattle just marched up on a bunch of armed Snohomish County folks?

Do these dumb shits have a death wish, or what?
    I think I know that area, East of Lynnwood & Bothell, bordering on.................

Maltby.
    Standard Supporter

I think I know that area, East of Lynnwood & Bothell, bordering on.................

Maltby.

Perhaps, maybe northwest of Maltby in that weird area
    Standard Supporter
    More likely I think it’s east of Snohomish, north of Hiway 2
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don’t give a fuck where she lives, but I do want to know how an officer is pulling down $400k+.
    2 words.

Overtime
    Union
    Standard Supporter

2 words.

Overtime
    Union
    PEUs are the worst, amiright
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042

Overtime pay for cops and fire fighters is insane.
    It also factors into the retirement equation . . . Smart thing to do the final three years of career (or however it’s calculated) to jack up one’s retirement.

Maltby.

Fales Creek?
    Standard Supporter

Maltby.

Fales Creek?
    What’s that ironically named road out there, Interrurban?

Machias? Fuck Machias. That's East Lake Stevens Goddamnit! My kid had a game out there once and what a bitch-cunt area of twisted roads to try to find any address in that area.
    Standard Supporter

Machias? Fuck Machias. That's East Lake Stevens Goddamnit! My kid had a game out there once and what a bitch-cunt area of twisted roads to try to find any address in that area.
    Every road has two names. The worst.