Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Rolobitch knew what he was doing. He threatened the kid for a political stance. He’s in deep shit.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I had a damned crystal ball making that one. The cº
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,017
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    tbqh, i dont think cuog can afford rolo's buyout to send him on his way. theyre gonna have to waddle him up to the podium and say 'im going to be re-educated on player's needs.'
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

tbqh, i dont think cuog can afford rolo's buyout to send him on his way. theyre gonna have to waddle him up to the podium and say 'im going to be re-educated on player's needs.'

Yep. It's awesome.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    So much for all those cookies
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    Standard Supporter

Am I the only one who doesn't see the problem? Admittedly, I just learned of this on this thread, and I've only read the transcript of the call, but that transcript seemed pretty above board to me. If you hold out from playing--for any reason--what right do you have to stay "on the team" and keep a scholarship?

As someone who largely agree with the players' demands (or might agree with them once I've read them--which I'll probably be too lazy to do), being free to protest doesn't mean you're free from the consequences of protest.

I would imagine pretty much every coach in America silently agrees with Rolo but he is the only one bold enough to say it. A well-crafted public address by him could probably sway a lot of minds
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see the problem? Admittedly, I just learned of this on this thread, and I've only read the transcript of the call, but that transcript seemed pretty above board to me. If you hold out from playing--for any reason--what right do you have to stay "on the team" and keep a scholarship?

As someone who largely agree with the players' demands (or might agree with them once I've read them--which I'll probably be too lazy to do), being free to protest doesn't mean you're free from the consequences of protest.

Agreed. But it's a horrible recruiting tactic. Most coaches are content laying low while expecting this to blow over. If we still do end up having a season and players start holding out, then you'll see coaches actually start to hand out punishment.

But given that the former looks increasingly unlikely, there's no reason to make a move yet. All Rolovich did was play his hand before there was a need to. And other coaches will happily sit back and watch him get skewered on the recruiting trail for it.
    This matters now because we are competing for the same tier of recruit as WSU. Victory! All your MWC recruits are belong to us CUOG!
    Move the fuck over Wazzwho (LOL), there's a new sheriff in town.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Rolovich seems like a good, honest dude. Everything he said in that call is completely reasonable.

But he's not savvy enough to have side stepped this whole shit show. Now clowns like Quincy Avery are going to have a field day with him. Know your audience.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    edited August 2020

Did Rolovich know the call was being recorded? I think it varies from state to state but I’m 81% certain if you record a call in Washington that both parties have to consent to it.

One person
  • Options
    CH0PwarlordCH0Pwarlord Member Posts: 224
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Woods forced their hand legally to remove him from the football sphere when he decided to opt out due to his dangerous health risks. It’s an obvious litigation issue that they only made more prominent by recording a private call.

And if you’re choosing not to play for a political reason, well the show goes on. The coach has an obligation to make sure Johnny Fattits the third stringer from Omak isn’t starting because half the team decided football isn’t their priority at the moment. Doesn’t discount your movement, but your movement doesn’t stop the world from running either.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agreed. But it's a horrible recruiting tactic. Most coaches are content laying low while expecting this to blow over. If we still do end up having a season and players start holding out, then you'll see coaches actually start to hand out punishment.

But given that the former looks increasingly unlikely, there's no reason to make a move yet. All Rolovich did was play his hand before there was a need to. And other coaches will happily sit back and watch him get skewered on the recruiting trail for it.
    It’s WSU. They can’t recruit anyways. I don’t think it will end up being a big deal either way.