Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,138 Standard Supporter
    Very few wearing masks here in America even though the idiot governor issued an order. I have a feeling he won't be re-elected.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,302
    Anders Tegnell is about as popular in Sweden as Fauci is on this board.

I agree masks likely only have a secondary effect at best. But I’d choose a mask over an expedited m-RNA vaccine every day of the week
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,302
    True, if you’re outdoors and the sun is out, covid is getting torched by UV. No need for masks unless you’re all up in strangers shit
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,587 Standard Supporter

True, if you’re outdoors and the sun is out, covid is getting torched by UV. No need for masks unless you’re all up in strangers shit

@VitaminDdawg, true?

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    I see a guy saying that social distancing works best, and if people wear masks they get stupid(er) and start dirty dancing with strangers. Ok. Good data point.

I'll still go with the current bidding from UC SF Med, Mayo Clinic and UW Med, among others, none of which even imply they are close to 100% effective.

It's dumb in your car, while you're watering your grass or taking a walk. I've been on golf courses non-stop for the last 9 days and haven't worn one outside of the clubhouse. But I did wear one in there, and didn't pause to think if I was putting a dent in my patriot credentials, for two reasons: (1) it puts others at ease and hence promotes commerce, and (2) there seems to some probability they are at least incrementally helpful.

Does the meat packing plant "study" raise doubt? Not immediately (I didn't make it past the abstract).

Findings
    Transmissions occurred in a confined area of a meat processing plant in which air is constantly re-circulated and cooled to 10°C.

Interpretation
    Our results indicate climate conditions and airflow as factors that can promote efficient spread of SARS-CoV-2 ....

I'm not married to this. Show me some conclusive authority they don't work and I'm done wearing 'em. I don't enjoy the experience at all and would be happy to stop.

“ I personally believe that this is a disease we are going to have to learn to live with.”
    Bingo.

Also, overly emotive pro/con mask arguments need to die in an autoclave

No shit. It's boring and I would love to not wear one. But Jesus if it's 20% helpful and plays any part in ending this nightmare then I'll fucking do it until someone other than political bannanas tell me I'm just being controlled.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

I see a guy saying that social distancing works best, and if people wear masks they get stupid(er) and start dirty dancing with strangers. Ok. Good data point.

I'll still go with the current bidding from UC SF Med, Mayo Clinic and UW Med, among others, none of which even imply they are close to 100% effective.

It's dumb in your car, while you're watering your grass or taking a walk. I've been on golf courses non-stop for the last 9 days and haven't worn one outside of the clubhouse. But I did wear one in there, and didn't pause to think if I was putting a dent in my patriot credentials, for two reasons: (1) it puts others at ease and hence promotes commerce, and (2) there seems to some probability they are at least incrementally helpful.

Does the meat packing plant "study" raise doubt? Not immediately (I didn't make it past the abstract).

Findings
    Transmissions occurred in a confined area of a meat processing plant in which air is constantly re-circulated and cooled to 10°C.

Interpretation
    Our results indicate climate conditions and airflow as factors that can promote efficient spread of SARS-CoV-2 ....

I'm not married to this. Show me some conclusive authority they don't work and I'm done wearing 'em. I don't enjoy the experience at all and would be happy to stop.

I’ve linked a CDC study here a couple tims that find non-clinical interventions, including masks and hand washing, are not effective in limiting flu transmission. Plus the many public health officials telling people not to wear them in March. I don’t think wearing a mask is a big deal, but I am sympathetic to a degree with people who question it.

Yes, yes, ITS NOT TEH FLUE!!!

I’ll show myself out.

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    I was up in TacTownTuff on Thirstday - never wore a mask. Ate at Pacific Southern (good soul food) and the restaurant employees wore masks covering their upper lip not the snooze.

Every place we went I would say 75% were totally covered by masks, another 10-15% were like me and wore a mask just over the lip not the nose.

it is getting to be like newly shorn sheople out there.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    The other is are people covering their nose? Do they take it off and on? See that a lot a stores.

The meat packing plant has many variables and whether people were committed to wearing them correctly. We’re they N95’s or just cloth?

Findings

Interpretation

I’ve linked a CDC study here a couple tims that find non-clinical interventions, including masks and hand washing, are not effective in limiting flu transmission. Plus the many public health officials telling people not to wear them in March. I don’t think wearing a mask is a big deal, but I am sympathetic to a degree with people who question it.

I’ll show myself out.

And I linked (I think) a piece by UCSF both clarifying that they are helpful and explaining the CDC flip in March and flop in whenever it was.

Has the CDC flip flopped again? IDK; I've been golfing. Like I said, show me something. I normally assume that the good and smart people at one of the very very best medical schools in the world are not conspiring to control people with masks. Again, I'm happy to junk it if it's not helping; for although I look pretty good in a mask, I find they fog up my glasses. But what you gave me here doesn't quite get there, which you probably knew.

Findings

Interpretation

I’ll show myself out.

And I linked (I think) a piece by UCSF both clarifying that they are helpful and explaining the CDC flip in March and flop in whenever it was.

Has the CDC flip flopped again? IDK; I've been golfing. Like I said, show me something. I normally assume that the good and smart people at one of the very very best medical schools in the world are not conspiring to control people with masks. Again, I'm happy to junk it if it's not helping; for although I look pretty good in a mask, I find they fog up my glasses. But what you gave me here doesn't quite get there, which you probably knew.
    I don’t really care about your health, tbh
    edited July 2020

Findings

Interpretation

I’ll show myself out.

That's really sad; I really care about yours.

Try a little humanity in your life. It will warm your heart.

Findings

Interpretation

I’ll show myself out.

Re-read for comprehension. The CDC study I mentioned was dated February 2020 and began circulating in early April, if I remember correctly. Again, it was an influenza meta-study. I could imagine that hand sanitizers might chemically act upon flu virii differently than the ‘vid. Masks however are strictly mechanical, or physical, intervention. As best I could find, the size of the two bugs are pretty much the same. Maybe there’s viral load differences. I don’t know. These fine points are questions for @HHusky

The no mask shit in March was rationing by way of propaganda, and that mistake continues to have ramifications.

Findings

Interpretation

I’ll show myself out.

Re-read for comprehension. The CDC study I mentioned was dated February 2020 and began circulating in early April, if I remember correctly. Again, it was an influenza meta-study. I could imagine that hand sanitizers might chemically act upon flu virii differently than the ‘vid. Masks however are strictly mechanical, or physical, intervention. As best I could find, the size of the two bugs are pretty much the same. Maybe there’s viral load differences. I don’t know. These fine points are questions for @HHusky

The no mask shit in March was rationing by way of propaganda, and that mistake continues to have ramifications.
    Too many big and sciency words. I'm out.