Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,880
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    It’s tim to move Race
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,588
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

For the cunts who will want to argue.

Hospitalization census has been flat this week. There are 850 ICU beds still free, while still performing elective surgeries. 130 people are dying a day, that would need to continue for 8 months to equal NY. My county of 1M people has 60 deaths total and 780 active cases right now.

I'm gonna move soon. What are your thoughts on Texas. I'm leaning South Carolina or Atlanta
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Rural Texas can be a bit weird in a stereotypical way, wouldn’t want to be a ragging liberal in Lufkin. suburb/urban Texas is generally metropolitan agreeable people and massive nice new homes.

Depends on what you’re looking for.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,552
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have relatives in west Texas. The adage "The sun is rise, the sun is set, and I ain't out of Texas yet" applies to west Texas.
    I have only visited and liked it actually
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2-3 weeks isn’t horrible. I’m curious how the 50K deaths from April/may are going to get trickled in. And I assume a big chunk is NY/NJ are they going to get a grim second wave?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,465
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

It’s tim to move Race

I turned to my wife and said we should move to Texas

She didn't say no
    Do people even own floors in Texas? Might want to do some research before you pull the trigger.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Considering a move to Texas and the wife is on board. Interviewing for a job in Houston.
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2020
    Houhusky said:

Some posters here have specifically pointed at Houston's supposed hospital issues during the latest "2nd wave"... I believe famous centrist @MelloDawg has, a few of the dumb Vid cheerleaders have too..

The city of Houston has provided some data the rest of the state of Texas has not... the actual date of death...

Of the 71 COVID-19 deaths so far in July. Of these, only 7 actually occurred in July.

Update:

Asute posters like @GrundleStiltzkin , @LesGrossman , and @LoneStarDawg will note that this is a similar "issue" that is occurring in the National data displayed by this chart posted here about a week ago.

there's a 2 week reporting delay for deaths so that would actually make sense that July deaths are only beginning to be reported.

The reporting delay was mentioned in another thread as part of the cases/hospitalization/deaths lag that I was told does not exist, with the evidence being from March when we were not testing close to fast enough.

Also is your takeaway that the increase in reported deaths is not a concern cause the deaths were from >2 weeks ago?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Worst part of Texas is the 100 degree summers and if you catch it wrong the heat index north of 110 ... the further south you go the more humidity you have to deal with.

I generally enjoyed a lot about living in Texas for about 9 months of the year. If you can get a place that affords you the opportunity to be around water then all the better. If you like hills, mountains, etc. then you should get a summer place in Colorado.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Worst part of Texas is the 100 degree summers and if you catch it wrong the heat index north of 110 ... the further south you go the more humidity you have to deal with.

I generally enjoyed a lot about living in Texas for about 9 months of the year. If you can get a place that affords you the opportunity to be around water then all the better. If you like hills, mountains, etc. then you should get a summer place in Colorado.

A lot of truth to this...if you move down here (esp Houston) make sure to get a nice big pool. Makes the miserable 3 months of summer much more tolerable.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Rural Texas can be a bit weird in a stereotypical way, wouldn’t want to be a ragging liberal in Lufkin. suburb/urban Texas is generally metropolitan agreeable people and massive nice new homes.

Depends on what you’re looking for.

Perky tits and a tight ass