Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

BREAKING: Moderna says its coronavirus vaccine trial produced ‘robust’ immune response in all patien

insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
I think we could all agree this is good news. Might get some pushback from the anti-vaxxers though.

Comments

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,527 Swaye's Wigwam

That's nice. You all have fun with that shot.

Have been fully vaccinated my whole life but I ain't taking that shit.

How is Bill Gates supposed to find you then?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,594 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

How is Bill Gates supposed to find you then?
    His people can call my people and make an appointment.

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Moderna shares jump as much as 16% after company says its coronavirus vaccine trial produced 'robust' immune response

Why not short it and make some inside money with a dubious claim. Somebody is getting rich once the vaccine doesn’t get to market and stock price craters.
    Ah, the money shot. $20 million a “fraction” of a long-term contribution. No wonder Fauci has mentioned that company by name. Cha-Ching. As someone who worked in pharma and medical for over a decade, expediting clinical studies on a vaccine used on humans is a horrible idea, btw.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, has often touted Moderna's potential vaccine.

http://www.ddn-news.com/index.php?newsarticle=10450

CAMBRIDGE, Mass.—A year after it attracted the largest private financing round ever for a biotechnology company, Moderna Therapuetics is receiving another major show of support for its messenger RNA (mRNA) technology. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has announced a $20-million grant to Moderna to advance the development of an affordable mRNA-based cocktail of antibody therapeutics to help prevent human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. The development efforts will be led by Valera, Moderna’s year-old infectious disease-focused subsidiary.

Stéphane Bancel, CEO of Moderna, tells DDNews that the Gates Foundation grant will provide support for GLP toxicology studies, preparations for clinical trials and a Phase 1 study. “We are honored that the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has selected Moderna as a partner, recognizing the tremendous potential of our mRNA drug platform to address some of the world’s most widespread and urgent health concerns,” he says.

The initial $20 million provided by the Gates Foundation grant could be just a fraction of a longer-term contribution. The Gates Foundation and Moderna have reached an agreement that could eventually lead to another $80 million in grants from the foundation. Bancel says that the additional funding could be used to advance the HIV antibody program if Phase 1 studies are successful, or it could also be used to launch new programs focused on developing mRNA-based antibody treatments for other infectious diseases.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,997
    Stock is gonna pay for my outdoor kitchen addition.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Same. I’ve accepted my vaccinations like a good little boy, but this one has me worried. It’s probably irrational worry, but I still don’t want it.
    There is a reason why there are no other vaccines for any other Coronavirus (SARS, MERS) and its not because people haven't been trying...

The risk of covid to myself (and probably you) is extremely minimal.

The vaccine, if it even does exist and work, is being fast tracked, there is a massive money grab on the line, Faucci is a liar, and the long term side effects will be unknown for years.

Ancient Asian proverb might apply here...? Better the devil you know, rather than the one you dont.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    How can they create a vaccine for a virus they haven't proven exists?

https://youtu.be/yM3984KC4R4

Axios

https://www.axios.com/moderna-nih-coronavirus-vaccine-ownership-agreements-22051c42-2dee-4b19-938d-099afd71f6a0.html

The NIH claims joint ownership of Moderna's coronavirus vaccine

Why it matters: Because the federal government has an actual stake in this vaccine, it could try to make the vaccine a free or low-cost public good with wide distribution, if the product turns out to be safe and effective.

The big picture: The NIH mostly funds outside research, but it also often invents basic scientific technologies that are later licensed out and incorporated into drugs that are sold at massive profits. The agency rarely claims ownership stakes or pursues patent rights, but that appears to be different with this coronavirus vaccine.

"We do have some particular stake in the intellectual property" behind Moderna's coronavirus vaccine, NIH Director Francis Collins said during an Economic Club interview in May.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,234 Swaye's Wigwam
    Normally pro vaccines, but against this one this late in the charade. I want red meat at this point, a vaccine let’s Gavin, Inslee and the media declare victory.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,242
    Eh ill take it id it means we can open up again
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter

I remember in March when we were told we only needed to lock down until there were no cases anywhere and a vaccine was available

Good memory