Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Rules for thee, but not for me or leftards lie and love to be lied to

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,038 Standard Supporter
Which is the basic approach of the chicoms and dems. So, in the spirit of the Bushes and Slo Joe, barry's administration relaxed rules to allow chicom firms to list their stock on US stock exchanges. Accurate financial statements have always been problematic for a number of reasons including outright fraud. But the chicoms take lying to an art form with the full support of our US deep state. So, the Trump administration is proposing that since the chicoms aren't living up to the deal, that we call off the deal. Imagine that.

=======

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/tensions-soar-trump-admin-could-scrap-audit-deal-us-listed-chinese-firms

Tensions Soar As Trump Admin Could Scrap Audit Deal For US-Listed Chinese Firms

by Tyler Durden
Tue, 07/14/2020 - 08:26

Global stocks slumped on Tuesday as a safety bid appears in the dollar as Sino-US tensions continue to worsen.

There were a couple of significant developments in the overnight session involving China and the US. First, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said Beijing would sanction US defense contractor Lockheed Martin for its latest arms deal with Chinese-claimed Taiwan.

The second development is from Reuters, detailing how the Trump administration plans to abandon a 2013 agreement between the US and Chinese auditing authorities, a move that suggests a widespread crackdown on US-Listed Chinese firms sidestepping US disclosure rules is ahead.

The deal allowed the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) to seek auditing documents in enforcement cases of Chinese companies listed on US exchanges - was considered a breakthrough at the time.

But PCAOB has complained over the years that many of the requests into Chinese firms were ignored.

Keith Krach, the undersecretary for economic growth, energy, and the environment, said, "lack of transparency has prompted administration officials to lay the groundwork to exit the deal soon."

"The action is imminent," Krach told Reuters, in an emailed response on Monday. "This is a National Security issue because we cannot continue to afford to put American shareholders at risk, to put American companies at a disadvantage and allow our preeminence of being the gold standard for financial markets to erode."

Reuters notes an official within the Trump administration and three former White House officials said the termination of the 2013 auditing deal was under careful consideration.

There's been very little information about withdrawing from the agreement - the discussions so far point to increasing frustrations by the Trump administration over Chinese companies failing to disclose critical financial data.

Comments

• WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,038 Standard Supporter
    And the left know that. And is happy with that as the chicoms are a more moral group than republicans.
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,527 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020

And the left know that. And is happy with that as the chicoms are a more moral group than republicans.

I think you overestimate how much the left cares about Chinese foreign policy or makes it a voting priority this election cycle. If they're concerned about foreign policy at all, it's how western nations perceive the US.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,532 Founders Club
    MelloDawg said:

I think you overestimate how much the left cares about Chinese foreign policy or makes it a voting priority this election cycle. If they're concerned about foreign policy at all, it's how western nations perceive the US.
    He literally just said that the left doesn't care that Joe is owned by China

Which to normal Americans is a problemhttps://foxnews.com/politics/biden-reportedly-uses-quote-notably-uttered-by-mao-zedong-during-fundraiser

MelloDawg said:

Which to normal Americans is a problemhttps://foxnews.com/politics/biden-reportedly-uses-quote-notably-uttered-by-mao-zedong-during-fundraiser

What is a normal American these days?

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

The fact that you don't know speaks volumes about you
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited July 2020
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

I’d say that the vast silent majority of Americans are appalled how your liberal pals celebrate the murders of police officers. Also how their elected leaders flip-flop and shut down churches, businesses, and some gatherings on gut instinct and partisan whims, yet allow others if it motivates their voting base, with zero input from citizens. I’m pretty sure the constant hatred exhibited, especially directed at police, on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook by far Leftists isn’t in line with “normal” Americans.

Vote Joe Biden and (D) because they will fix things in the their shithole violent cities though. JUST NOT TRUMP. If you support any of the above I’d say you’re not normal.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,151 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Not you!

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

I’d say that the vast silent majority of Americans are appalled how your liberal pals celebrate the murders of police officers. Also how they flip-flop and shut down churches, businesses, and some gatherings on gut instinct and partisan whims, yet allow others if it motivates their voting base, with zero input from citizens. I’m pretty sure the constant hatred exhibited on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook by far Leftists isn’t in line with “normal” Americans.

Vote Joe Biden and (D) because they will fix things in the their shithole violent cities though. JUST NOT TRUMP. If you support any of the above
    I'd agree most are appalled at anyone who celebrates murders of police officers and that far leftists definitely alienate the rest of the party. You could get into a debate over whether it represents the rest of the party, but then I'd cite the far right and THEIR social media posts and we'd get into another whataboutism circle.

Really what we all want to be is centrists, I get that.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,038 Standard Supporter
    Geezus you like taking it up the ass for your team. Pelosi, "People will do what they do." What far right white supremacist has a public office? In Congress? As the Speaker of the House? There is no lame ass moral equavalency here. You know who the squad is? They aren't the local dog catcher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRUkyGWARI8
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

I’d say that the vast silent majority of Americans are appalled how your liberal pals celebrate the murders of police officers. Also how they flip-flop and shut down churches, businesses, and some gatherings on gut instinct and partisan whims, yet allow others if it motivates their voting base, with zero input from citizens. I’m pretty sure the constant hatred exhibited on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook by far Leftists isn’t in line with “normal” Americans.

Vote Joe Biden and (D) because they will fix things in the their shithole violent cities though. JUST NOT TRUMP. If you support any of the above
    I'd agree most are appalled at anyone who celebrates murders of police officers and that far leftists definitely alienate the rest of the party. You could get into a debate over whether it represents the rest of the party, but then I'd cite the far right and THEIR social media posts and we'd get into another whataboutism circle.

There is no “whataboutism.” The “far right” isn’t allowing massive protests and riots to destroy public and private property in cities and states they fully control politically. Today’s Democrats are allowing and encouraging it. Hell, you have national Democrats this week and their media inciting violence against both Trump and the police with their “white supremacist” and “racist” rhetoric that encourages the animals on your side to lash out, destroy, and assault.

Get the fuck outta here with your “Whataboutism,” Son. Your extreme side has completely lost their shit and it’s being validated from the top of the party all the way down to these sewer Rats.
    I remember when we had a three year investigation into whether the president was beholden to a foreign leader

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,594 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

The difference is you refuse to refute or rebuke the nutfucks on the left.

Nobody and I mean NOBODY here is defending Proud Boys, Westboro Baptist or any fuckwad white supremacist crap.

The 'liberals' (cough cough, not the TUFF Liberals....the pussy leftist liberals) have zero balls to call bullshit on their extreme cousins.

But but MEAN ORANGE MAN AAARGGH!!!

"We all want to be centrists". Fuck off with that bullshit.

edited July 2020

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

There is no “whataboutism.” The “far right” isn’t allowing massive protests and riots to destroy public and private property in cities and states they fully control politically. Today’s Democrats are allowing and encouraging it. Hell, you have national Democrats this week and their media inciting violence against both Trump and the police with their “white supremacist” and “racist” rhetoric that encourages the animals on your side to lash out, destroy, and assault.

Get the fuck outta here with your “Whataboutism,” Son. Your extreme side has completely lost their shit and it’s being validated from the top of the party all the way down to these sewer Rats.
    I think we disagree on whether or not left wing politicians are endorsing the destruction of public and private property. If they have, I've missed it. This will skew the debate as these threads tend to have happen to them, but do you not think that rhetoric from Trump encourages the narrow-minded on the far right to be more vocal about their views? It's not an explicit mandate to go full Charlottesville on people, but just as you suggest the far left can interpret their politicians' rhetoric and act out, the same can happen on the other side. Neither side is doing well.

• 5starsareforlosers5starsareforlosers Member Posts: 62
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Far Leftists want power and want to control people. Far Rightists (and I'm not one) want to be left the fuck alone. There's a big difference between the two.
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

I think we disagree on whether or not left wing politicians are endorsing the destruction of public and private property. If they have, I've missed it. This will skew the debate as these threads tend to have happen to them, but do you not think that rhetoric from Trump encourages the narrow-minded on the far right to be more vocal about their views? I imagine they feel more slightly emboldened.

Come on. You didn't miss anything

But but but Trump

Pathetic
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Far Rightists (and I'm not one) want to be left the fuck alone. There's a big difference between the two.
    False.

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

I think we disagree on whether or not left wing politicians are endorsing the destruction of public and private property. If they have, I've missed it. This will skew the debate as these threads tend to have happen to them, but do you not think that rhetoric from Trump encourages the narrow-minded on the far right to be more vocal about their views? I imagine they feel more slightly emboldened.

Come on. You didn't miss anything

But but but Trump

Pathetic
    I've never been a "but Trump" person on the bored, for the record, I just think it's a relevant example as to how rhetoric that HE uses can do the same for his supporters (no one here since I think everyone here is actually pretty rational) as whatever rhetoric people think is coming from the Squad.