Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best Rock Album - 1990?

13»

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited July 2020
    Shake Your Money Maker - Black Crowes
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss. Lombardo proves he’s the best metal drummer on the title track. Chinfuckingcredible drum fills

https://youtu.be/eQpvqPuDJWI

Read an interesting alternate rock history thing one tim where Dave Mustain wasn't a violent alcoholic freak and stayed in Metallica, and instead of Cliff getting killed in the bus crash it was Lars, and Lombardo came over to Metallica (they were very close evidently). Can you imagine, even for a second, a single band of:

Hetfield: Vocals and Rhythm
    Mustaine: Lead
    Burton: Bass
    Lombardo: Drums

Um, jesus fucking christ, that is the best band ever at pretty much every position. Damn violent alcoholism and damn that bus for not pitching Lars out instead of Cliff. Fuck. Now I'm pissed.
    Hefield isn't the GOAT at anything, but otherwise that's pretty fucking tits.
    He sort of is though. He did most all of the arrangements for Metallica music, as he was a classically trained pianist. Yes, not the best vocalist or guitarist ever, but he is the jelly in the PJB.

edit: What I mean is someone has to focus that immense talent and make the "intricate wall of noise" sound Metallica invented. That's Hetfield. The jelly.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited July 2020
    This got me to thinking, can you imagine that band above, but with Hetfield only doing the musical arrangements and rhythm guitar, meanwhile Ronnie James Dio or Bruce Dickinson are on vocals. I just came.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858

Sorry about my tiny Gif/image game.

Not rock but it is the best album of 1990.

@GrandpaSankey can you help me out here?
    Sorry, this white boy shit might as well be fine print as far as I'm concerned.

I just don't see it.
    Depeche Mode, Violator. The album came out in 1990, Personal Jesus was released in late 1989 as a pre release single. If you count it as 1989 it’s not better than Disintegration.
    NOT rock. Sorry, next.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,792 Founders Club
    Ritual De Lo Habitual - Jane's Addiction
    alumni94 said:

Sorry about my tiny Gif/image game.

Not rock but it is the best album of 1990.

@GrandpaSankey can you help me out here?
    Sorry, this white boy shit might as well be fine print as far as I'm concerned.

I just don't see it.
    Depeche Mode, Violator. The album came out in 1990, Personal Jesus was released in late 1989 as a pre release single. If you count it as 1989 it’s not better than Disintegration.
    NOT rock. Sorry, next.
    You are correct, so was I.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Ritual De Lo Habitual - Jane's Addiction

• Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,321 Swaye's Wigwam
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off__________
    Swaye said:

This got me to thinking, can you imagine that band above, but with Hetfield only doing the musical arrangements and rhythm guitar, meanwhile Ronnie James Dio or Bruce Dickinson are on vocals. I just came.

Perma-boner in thee sweatpants. My minor tweak would be replace Mustaine with Alex Skolnick and Halford or Tate on vocals.

@YellowSnow you could play the intro solo on this track. Main solo? Not so much

https://youtu.be/bry_6P_1co4
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club
    No Depression - Uncle Tupelo

Swaye said:

Perma-boner in thee sweatpants. My minor tweak would be replace Mustaine with Alex Skolnick and Halford or Tate on vocals.

@YellowSnow you could play the intro solo on this track. Main solo? Not so much

https://youtu.be/bry_6P_1co4
    Lulz. I’m a great campfire guitar player. Technical metal not so much.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,552 Founders Club
    Rust In Peace - Megadeath
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss. Lombardo proves he’s the best metal drummer on the title track. Chinfuckingcredible drum fills

https://youtu.be/eQpvqPuDJWI

Read an interesting alternate rock history thing one tim where Dave Mustain wasn't a violent alcoholic freak and stayed in Metallica, and instead of Cliff getting killed in the bus crash it was Lars, and Lombardo came over to Metallica (they were very close evidently). Can you imagine, even for a second, a single band of:

Hetfield: Vocals and Rhythm
    Mustaine: Lead
    Burton: Bass
    Lombardo: Drums

Um, jesus fucking christ, that is the best band ever at pretty much every position. Damn violent alcoholism and damn that bus for not pitching Lars out instead of Cliff. Fuck. Now I'm pissed.
    Hefield isn't the GOAT at anything, but otherwise that's pretty fucking tits.
    You have ZERO clue
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,502 Standard Supporter
    I was still listening to Poison and Def Leppard in 1990. To be fair some Danzig was in the rotation too.

I think Fizzle Fry was 1990?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    F.O. Row Peter Puffer, you left off__________
    Add another for Depeche Mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGSKrC7dGcY