Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

"Fine people" update

2»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

thechatch said:

I grow more and more convinced that we will be in open conflict with China within 10yrs.

We allowed Russia to just roll into Crimea and do nothing.

We allowed China to completely disregard agreements on HK and the S China sea.

Taiwan is next, and I truly believe that we will have no choice, at that point, but it will be too late. Look at us...cowering in our basements from the Wuhan Flu. We are all going to be speaking Chinese 30 years from now.

The USA is dead, people. It died twenty years ago, but we didn’t know it at the time.

The US might not be in its prime but the CCP is driving 100+ down a cul-de-sac. There's no way the regime lasts to 2025 without turning into the next hermit kingdom.
    I tend to believe this too. However, they've been saying this for at least a decade now, and China persists still.
    That's a classic CCP propaganda line fyi.

The "they" of 10 years ago isn't the same as the "they" of today and conflating the two misses the mark.

Also, see long term vs. Short term in economics. "Short term" can mean 20 years and you can defy market forces for longer than that but eventually...
    Two weeks from now? HH agrees
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,412 Swaye's Wigwam

thechatch said:

I grow more and more convinced that we will be in open conflict with China within 10yrs.

Taiwan is next, and I truly believe that we will have no choice, at that point, but it will be too late. Look at us...cowering in our basements from the Wuhan Flu. We are all going to be speaking Chinese 30 years from now.

The USA is dead, people. It died twenty years ago, but we didn’t know it at the time.

The US might not be in its prime but the CCP is driving 100+ down a cul-de-sac. There's no way the regime lasts to 2025 without turning into the next hermit kingdom.
    I tend to believe this too. However, they've been saying this for at least a decade now, and China persists still.
    That's a classic CCP propaganda line fyi.

The "they" of 10 years ago isn't the same as the "they" of today and conflating the two misses the mark.

Also, see long term vs. Short term in economics. "Short term" can mean 20 years and you can defy market forces for longer than that but eventually...
    Two weeks from now? HH agrees
    Fun fact, the Soviet Union fell apart at it's 70th anniversary and the CCP just had theirs.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

thechatch said:

Biden and the rest of DC will give Xi what he needs in terms of trade policy to keep China as an economic superpower.