Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

"Fine people" update

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,411 Swaye's Wigwam
Those people Biden likes to apologize for are now labeled as the biggest threat to the US by the FBI.

https://youtu.be/231JDCQZ3o4

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,532 Founders Club
    Joe is going to have a problem lying about how he's now tough on China from his own party

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/06/11/biden-presidential-election-china-trump-asian-americans/
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,532 Founders Club
    https://thediplomat.com/

In the latest presidential primary debate of the Democratic Party, on February 25, former Vice President Joe Biden showed his assertiveness toward Xi Jinping, the head of state of the People’s Republic of China (PRC). Biden blasted Xi as a “thug” who “has a million Uighurs in ‘reconstruction camps,’ meaning concentration camps.” He also spoke critically of Xi’s handling of protests in Hong Kong, saying, “This is a guy who is — doesn’t have a democratic, with a small D, bone in his body.”

Biden also played up his toughness toward China during his time as vice president. When China set up a “no-fly zone,” Biden told Xi, as he put it, that “we’re going to fly right through it. We flew B-1 bombers through it. We’ve got to make it clear. They must play by the rules… Period!

Biden’s critical views on China today, however, may be surprising to many because he used to be a true believer of the “engagement with China” doctrine. That was embodied in his support for granting China Most Favored Nation trade status. On a trip to Taiwan in 2001, Biden explained the rationale behind this doctrine: “The more they [meaning China] have to lose, the more they are likely to begin to accommodate international norms.” As late as last May, Biden mocked President Donald Trump’s trade war with China by downplaying the threat. “China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man… they’re not bad folks, folks. But guess what: they’re not competition for us,” Biden said.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,971
    We fucked if Joe gets the election. It would be like hiring a middling defensive coordinator to succeed your disappointing, but competent head coach.

It would be like that ... maybe worser. The guy has no marbles left in his melon. He's a corpse. He's Reagan at the end, which would be fine, except that if he gets elected he'll be at the beginning. No bueno. Bad hombre.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,594 Standard Supporter

We fucked if Joe gets the election. It would be like hiring a middling defensive coordinator to succeed your disappointing, but competent head coach.

It would be like that ... maybe worser. The guy has no marbles left in his melon. He's a corpse. He's Reagan at the end, which would be fine, except that if he gets elected he'll be at the beginning. No bueno. Bad hombre.

It's this kind of post that leads me to believe 34-17 rather easily might be too close.

"Reasonable" people aren't going to vote for dementia Joe. "Reasonable" people aren't going to vote for someone who can't even give lip service to containing the mob.

The middle is going to blow Dementia Joe out.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam

It's this kind of post that leads me to believe 34-17 rather easily might be too close.

"Reasonable" people aren't going to vote for dementia Joe. "Reasonable" people aren't going to vote for someone who can't even give lip service to containing the mob.

Ive been saying it for months. It's going to be a blood bath.

The Dems have been on the wrong side of every issue since 2016. It's over.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,040 Standard Supporter
    So, if Biden was just the normally corrupt moron Biden without dementia you would vote for him in spite of his signing on to every stupid leftard policy out there?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,530 Founders Club

So, if Biden was just the normally corrupt moron Biden without dementia you would vote for him in spite of his signing on to every stupid leftard policy out there?

if you're directing that at me, no, not since the SJW useful idiots hijacked the party
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter

Ive been saying it for months. It's going to be a blood bath.

The Dems have been on the wrong side of every issue since 2016. It's over.
    With all the bullshit that's gone down over 1 shooting in MN, all the mayhem, all the destruction, all the fires, looting, and beatings, I can't fathom the country voting for even more of this shit.

Also, I didn't realize Trump's Mt. Rushmore speech was "deeply divisive" by "praising dead confederates" as I was watching it. But I learned that from several newspapers the day after the speech.

Does it not bother the CoronaBros that the legacy media feeds them lies all day long, every day of the week? Obviously they aren't smart enough to figure it out, but you'd think they'd at least have a serendipitous Truman Show moment at least once in awhile? Or not.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    Does it not bother the CoronaBros that the legacy media feeds them lies all day long, every day of the week? Obviously they aren't smart enough to figure it out, but you'd think they'd at least have a serendipitous Truman Show moment at least once in awhile? Or not.

No, it doesn't bother them, in fact they like it when their news sources and their politicians lie to them, as long as the lies are done in service of the agenda.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,997
    I grow more and more convinced that we will be in open conflict with China within 10yrs.

We allowed Russia to just roll into Crimea and do nothing.

We allowed China to completely disregard agreements on HK and the S China sea.

Taiwan is next, and I truly believe that we will have no choice, at that point, but it will be too late. Look at us...cowering in our basements from the Wuhan Flu. We are all going to be speaking Chinese 30 years from now.

The USA is dead, people. It died twenty years ago, but we didn’t know it at the time.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,594 Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

I grow more and more convinced that we will be in open conflict with China within 10yrs.

Taiwan is next, and I truly believe that we will have no choice, at that point, but it will be too late. Look at us...cowering in our basements from the Wuhan Flu. We are all going to be speaking Chinese 30 years from now.

The USA is dead, people. It died twenty years ago, but we didn’t know it at the time.

We didn’t.

Obama and Hilary did.

USA was written off in 1980, too. Then we beat Finland in the gold medal game and it was off to the races again.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,997
    In 1980 We were coming out of Carter and into Reagan. Now we? are rolling out of Trump and into Beijing Joe with Nancy/Chuck’s little commie squad behind them.

We.
    Are.
    Fucked.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    thechatch said:

In 1980 We were coming out of Carter and into Reagan. Now we? are rolling out of Trump and into Beijing Joe with Nancy/Chuck’s little commie squad behind them.

We.
    Are.
    Fucked.

I think a Chinese invasion of mainland USofA would do us some good. We need some legit adversity, plus the gene pool cleansing would be epic. City folks can't fight. They would all be dead in a week. Percentage of Karen's in the US would be halved in a month. Meanwhile, out in the sticks, we would be having us some fun clipping little yellow commies.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    edited July 2020
    Swaye said:

thechatch said:

We.
    Are.
    Fucked.

I think a Chinese invasion of mainland USofA would do us some good. We need some legit adversity, plus the gene pool cleansing would be epic. City folks can't fight. They would all be dead in a week. Percentage of Karen's in the US would be halved in a month. Meanwhile, out in the sticks, we would be having us some fun clipping little yellow commies.

Rooftop Koreans ftw

And an excuse to grab ilhan Omar for treason

Give them Schiff and pelosi as hostages then forget about them
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,411 Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

The US might not be in its prime but the CCP is driving 100+ down a cul-de-sac. There's no way the regime lasts to 2025 without turning into the next hermit kingdom.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

The US might not be in its prime but the CCP is driving 100+ down a cul-de-sac. There's no way the regime lasts to 2025 without turning into the next hermit kingdom.
    I tend to believe this too. However, they've been saying this for at least a decade now, and China persists still.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

I tend to believe this too. However, they've been saying this for at least a decade now, and China persists still.
    Thank you for properly gendering @HHusky and @insinceredawg. I'm sure they appreciate it.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,411 Swaye's Wigwam

thechatch said:

That's a classic CCP propaganda line fyi.

The "they" of 10 years ago isn't the same as the "they" of today and conflating the two misses the mark.

Also, see long term vs. Short term in economics. "Short term" can mean 20 years and you can defy market forces for longer than that but eventually...