Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kevin Arnold and Winnie Cooper- cancelled

2»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,594 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

There is a Perry Mason remake that has nothing to do with Perry Mason. It's a cheap hook to get viewers

There is a Perry Mason remake that has nothing to do with Perry Mason. It's a cheap hook to get viewers

That’s my earlier point. Wonder Years name and concept but will be a completely different storyline with different characters. I like the concept.
    It will probably suck like most sitcoms. There is also probably going to be unfair pressure for black sitcoms to have the race relations type lesson in the show instead of a goofy sitcom that’s supposed to make people entertained and laugh.
    Blackish walks that line as good as any show

It's funny. Occassionally preachy
    Blackish is really good. Manages to address heavy issues, stay funny, and present multiple viewpoints (and occasional hypocrisy) from within the black community.

Best sitcom currently on TV.
    If I don't watch it, am I racist or anti-racist in the new world order?

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

That’s my earlier point. Wonder Years name and concept but will be a completely different storyline with different characters. I like the concept.
    It will probably suck like most sitcoms. There is also probably going to be unfair pressure for black sitcoms to have the race relations type lesson in the show instead of a goofy sitcom that’s supposed to make people entertained and laugh.

Blackish is really good. Manages to address heavy issues, stay funny, and present multiple viewpoints (and occasional hypocrisy) from within the black community.

yes

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,098 Swaye's Wigwam
    There was already a Wonder Years for black families. It was called Good Times (Tims)

Dyno Mite!
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Alexis said:

There was already a Wonder Years for black families. It was called Good Times (Tims)

Dyno Mite!

Everybody Hates Chris would like a word.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Alexis said:

Dyno Mite!

Yeah that was my thought as well
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,098 Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

Dyno Mite!

That was well after my sitcom watching phase.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

You're white, which means you're racist, no matter who you are and what you do. In Robin (Craves It) DiAngelo's world.