Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kevin Arnold and Winnie Cooper- cancelled

PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,594 Standard Supporter
https://ew.com/tv/the-wonder-years-reboot-abc/

Replaced by Kawhi Arnestadt and W'Nisha Ogwuike

Comments

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

https://ew.com/tv/the-wonder-years-reboot-abc/

Replaced by Kawhi Arnestadt and W'Nisha Ogwuike

Could be interesting if done well. A different perspective on the “wonder years” and it’s a completely different show. More American Horror Story or Fargo in concept in using the Wonder Years name but a completely different plot. Fred Savage is involved so it should be decent.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,532 Founders Club
    I don't understand the point of remakes just to make batman a woman or whatever

Wonder years is wonder bread white. Hands off our? culture

It's an insult to Black people but we are talking Hollywood

How about the Jeffersons with Todd and Mindy?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Ratings will never be better
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,530 Founders Club
    gaybc gotta be woke, yo
    There is a Perry Mason remake that has nothing to do with Perry Mason. It's a cheap hook to get viewers
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,594 Standard Supporter

There is a Perry Mason remake that has nothing to do with Perry Mason. It's a cheap hook to get viewers

That show has been decidedly m'eh.

Can't wait for Billions to get back to filming. End this VID hoax - I need my Wags.

That’s my earlier point. Wonder Years name and concept but will be a completely different storyline with different characters. I like the concept.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,040 Standard Supporter
    Exactly. I'm interested in how these so-called reboots will work. Watched a couple of the Archie- Riverdale reboots on Netflix and didn't like it. Read the reviews on the new Nancy Drew series and stayed away. I'm okay with the new Magnum PI. But reboots like Ghostbusters which thought that forcing a female cast down the viewers throats while ignoring what made the originals so much fun don't seem to work. Science fiction has gotten so woke that its a fraction of what it was. When your consumer is largely straight male white nerds looking to live vicariously through strong male characters, creating a LGBT lead character isn't exactly playing to your audience.

Winnie needs to come back as the hot SJW teacher willing to do ANYTHING to advance the cause.

And I mean ANYTHING.

#showtime

Bring back Skinemax!
  • Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,562

Ratings will never be better

If you don't watch it you're raycist.

That’s my earlier point. Wonder Years name and concept but will be a completely different storyline with different characters. I like the concept.
    It will probably suck like most sitcoms. There is also probably going to be unfair pressure for black sitcoms to have the race relations type lesson in the show instead of a goofy sitcom that’s supposed to make people entertained and laugh.
    Blackish walks that line as good as any show

It's funny. Occassionally preachy

It will probably suck like most sitcoms. There is also probably going to be unfair pressure for black sitcoms to have the race relations type lesson in the show instead of a goofy sitcom that’s supposed to make people entertained and laugh.

My teens watch it but sitcoms bore me. They seem to like it.

My teens watch it but sitcoms bore me. They seem to like it.
    Sitcoms are a youth thing. Its the only one I watch

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

This isn’t something to be upset about. Same with there being black or poc superheroes. They are fictional characters to begin with. Some stories are white, some are black, some are Asian, etc.

Had to get the FREE PUB Asian shit in there didn't you...
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Blackish is really good. Manages to address heavy issues, stay funny, and present multiple viewpoints (and occasional hypocrisy) from within the black community.

Best sitcom currently on TV.